(Tested on RPi 2B, 3B - not for RPi1 - please report success runs on other models.)
An improved version of RuneAudio.
- Complete frontend redesigned
- Leaner revised backend
- Improved performance and response
- Extra features of RuneUI Enhancement
- RuneUI Enhancement
- RuneUI Lyrics
- RuneUI Metadata Tag Editor
- USB DAC Plug and Play
- All packages (400+)
- Image file: RuneAudio+R_e1.2.img.xz
- Decompress to RuneAudio+R_e1.1.img with 7-zip, WinRAR or WinZip
- Write the file to a micro SD card, 4GB or more, with something like Win32 Disk Imager.
- A USB drive, 1GB or more formatted to ext4, is REQUIRED for persistent data and all settings. This can be the same drive for music files.
- Keep the current SD card as a backup. Flash on a new one.
- Some settings from R+R e1.1, not saved in extra directories, will not be restored.
- By this release, all settings and database will be saved.
- Connect a TV/monitor, a mouse and a wired LAN, if available, to RPi.
- Once booted successfully, setup a permanent network connection:
- Go to Settings > Network:
- Wired LAN - No extra setup.
- Wi-Fi - Click the "Wi-Fi" interface and select one to connect with RPi.
- RPi access point - Click "Enable" switch and make a connection from a remote device.
- Get the "WebUI" IP address and connect from a remote device with any browsers.
- Once the network setup, the display and mouse can be removed.
Run automatically on initial boot
- Expand micro SD card partition to full.
- Import extra directories or create new ones if not exist.
- Update MPD library if no existing database found.
After up and running
- Get online.
- Get update if available: Settings > Addons > RuneAudio+R e1
- User interface for minimalists
- - Menu > Playback Tools:
- - Hide top-bottom bars, Time, Volume, Buttons
- Enable Large coverart
- (Use Coverart for playback controls instead - tap top-center of Coverart for guide.)
- - Menu > Library Tools:
- - Hide unused blocks, text Label
- Drag Library home blocks to arrange order
- - Enable Bit-perfect.
- Use only amplifier volume.
- - With wired LAN if possible
- - Disable Wi-Fi
- - Connect with wired LAN for initial setup (or with accesspoint if necessary)
- Get IP address for browser connection
- Disable accesspoint once connected
- - Get IP address: Menu > Network > Network Interfaces list
- On your router, pre-assign an IP address for RuneAudio to keep it from changing.
- Settings > System > Features
- RuneUI Enhancement
- Enable / disable / options: applied immediately, no more Ok buttons.
- No reboot needed. (except enable/disable audio devices)
- Options visible/accessible only when features enabled.
- Toggle descriptions with question mark button.
- - I2S audio output selected automatically after setup in System and reboot.
- Hardware/software volume set automatically for each device.
- Bit-perfect setting.
- - Improved mount / unmount / remount / remove mount
- - Improved status info
- Complete IP address info with QR codes.
- - Faster scan available Wi-Fi.
- Icons indicate signal level.
- Improved connect / reconnect / forget
- - Unified hostname for all services: System, Access point, AirPlay, Samba, uPnP/DLNA
- i2s module setup with auto select MPD output on reboot
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth disable option
- Samba option to set write permissions