For all Raspberry Pi: Zero, 1, 2, 3 and 4
An improved version of RuneAudio.
- Complete frontend redesigned
- Complete backend rebuilt with latest Arch Linux Arm
- System-wide upgraded to the latest kernel and packages
- Improved performance and response
- Extra features of RuneUI Enhancement
- All new setting pages
- Available as image files and RuneOS - DIY RuneAudio+R e
Image file downloads:
As of 20200403, RuneAudio+R e2 has been upgraded to RuneAudio+R e3.
- Decompress to RuneAudio+R_e2-RPiN.img with 7-zip, WinRAR or WinZip
- Write the file to a micro SD card, 4GB or more, with Win32 Disk Imager or Etcher.
- - Temporarily connect wired LAN then remove after Wi-Fi connected successfully.
- RPi Zero or wired LAN not possible - Pre-configure Wi-Fi connection
Pre-configure Wi-Fi connection
- On Linux or Windows
- Insert micro SD card
- In BOOT
- Open file wifi0 with text editor
- Replace NAME and PASSWORD with ones for your Wi-Fi
- If security of your Wi-Fi is wep, replace wpa as well.
- Save as wifi
- Move micro SD card to Raspberry Pi
- Power on
- User interface for minimalists
- - Menu > Playback Tools:
- - Hide top-bottom bars, Time, Volume, Buttons
- Enable Large coverart
- (Use Coverart for playback controls instead - tap top-center of Coverart for guide.)
- - Menu > Library Tools:
- - Hide unused blocks, text Label
- Drag Library home blocks to arrange order
- - Enable Bit-perfect.
- Use only amplifier volume.
- - With wired LAN if possible
- - Disable Wi-Fi
- With RPi accesspoint only if there's no router
- - Get IP address: Menu > Network > Network Interfaces list
- On your router, pre-assign an IP address for RuneAudio to keep it from changing.
- Settings > System > Features
- RuneUI Enhancement
- Enable / disable / options: applied immediately, no more Ok buttons.
- No reboot needed. (except enable/disable audio devices)
- Options visible/accessible only when features enabled.
- Toggle descriptions with question mark button.
- - I2S audio output selected automatically after setup in System and reboot.
- Hardware/software volume set automatically for each device.
- Bit-perfect setting.
- - Network shares scan
- Improved mount / unmount / remount / remove mount
- - Improved status info
- Complete IP address info with QR codes.
- - Faster scan available Wi-Fi.
- Icons indicate signal level.
- Improved connect / reconnect / forget
- - Unified hostname for all services: System, Access point, AirPlay, Samba, uPnP/DLNA
- i2s module setup with auto select MPD output on reboot
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth disable option
- Samba option to set write permissions