For all Raspberry Pi: Zero, Zero 2, 1, 2, 3 and 4
As of 20201224, this has been upgraded to a New Version.
A new e of RuneAudio+R
- - Upgrade kernel and all packages to latest versions
- Now supports Bluetooth audio, sender and receiver
- Windows: Download and decompress to RuneAudio+R_e4-RPi*.img with 7-zip, WinRAR or WinZip and write the file to a micro SD card, 4GB or more, with Win32 Disk Imager
- Linux or Windows: Write from URL to a micro SD card directly with Etcher
- Existing users:
- - Keep current setup SD card.
- Try with a spare one before moving forward.
- Always use backup.gz created by latest update to restore system.
- - Wi-Fi pre-configure - 3 alternatives: (Only if no wired LAN available.)
- 1. From existing
- - Copy an existing profile file from /etc/netctl .
- Rename it to wifi then copy it to BOOT before power on.
- - Rename wifi0 in BOOT to wifi
- Edit SSID and Key.
- - With Pre-configure Wi-Fi connection
- Save it in BOOT .
- - Rename lcd0 in BOOT to lcd
- If connected to a screen, IP address and QR code for connecting from remote devices displayed.
- Before setup anything, Settings > Addons > RuneAudio+R e6 > Update (if available)
- Restore settings and database: Settings > System > Backup/Restore Settings (if there is one)
- Music Library database - USB drive automatically run if already plugged in otherwise Settings > update Library (icon next to MPD)
- Coverarts in browse by Album and directory thumbnails - Library > Album > coverart icon (next to ALBUM heading)
- Power off and wait a few seconds then power on
- If not connected, temporarily connect wired LAN then remove after Wi-Fi setup successfully.
- Still no - Download the image file and start over again
RuneAudio+R - An improved version of RuneAudio
- Based on features from RuneUI Enhancement
- Complete frontend redesigned
- Complete backend rebuilt
- System-wide upgraded to the latest kernel and packages
- Improved performance and response
- Metadata Tag Editor - *.cue support
- Album mode with coverarts
- File mode with thumbnail icons
- Coverarts and bookmarks - add, replace and remove
- Support WebRadio and UPnP coverarts - online fetched
- Support *.jpg, *.png and animated *.gif
- Support *.cue - virtually as individual tracks in all modes and user playlists
- Support *.wav album artists and sort tracks
- Support USB DAC plug ang play
- Support Bluetooth audio, sender and receiver
- Support GPIO 3.5" 320x420 LCD
- Support Character LCD: 16x2, 20x4 and 40x4
- Renderers / Clients and Streamers (with metadata and coverarts)
- - AirPlay
- Spotify Connect (Premium account only)
- Snapcast with metadata and coverarts
- simple HTTP
- Best sound quality:
- - Settings > MPD > Bit-perfect - Enable
- Use only amplifier volume (Unless quality of DAC hardware volume is better.)
- Settings > System > Features
- - Tap top of coverart to see controls guide.
- - No needs for top and bottom bars
- Use coverart controls instead of top bar buttons
- Swipe to switch between pages
<- Library <-> Playback <-> Playlist ->
- - Library home blocks
- Playlist tracks
- Saved playlist tracks
- - Subdirectories listed after partial Library database update from context menu.
- Subdirectories - context menu > Exclude directory
- - Settings > MPD > question mark icon -scroll- FFmpeg Decoder
- Enable if filetypes list contains ones of the missing files.
- - *.cue filenames must be identical to each coresponding music file.
- Can be directly edited by Tag Editor.
- - Directories: rwxr-xr-x (755)
- Files: rw-r--r-- (644)
- - With wired LAN if possible - Disable Wi-Fi
- With WiFi if necessary
- With RPi accesspoint only if there's no router
- - Get IP address: Menu > Network > Network Interfaces list
- Setup static IP address
- - Android Chrome / iOS Safari
Static IP address
Always setup at the router unless there is a good reason not to.
- Set at each device:
- - IP addresses have to be in the same range of the router.
- IP addresses must not be duplicate of existing ones.
- IP address must be reconfigured on every OS reinstallation.
- A log is needed to manually update all assigned IP address-device data.
- - The router only allows reserved IP addresses in the same range.
- Reserved IP addresses are verified not to duplicate.
- The device always get the same IP address on every OS reinstallation without reconfigure.
- The router always keep the update log of all IP address-device data.