RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby janui » 29 Jul 2019, 13:57

Hi TFZ02,
TFZ02 wrote:already exists a version for the Pi4+?
No, not yet.
janui
janui

Postby HJLK » 05 Aug 2019, 13:19

I have installed RuneAudio 0.5-beta on a Pi2B with HifiBerryDAC+ and hardware volume control, and I have two small issues compared to the 0.3 image I used to run.

1) volume controls in the UI (both Firefox web and Android app): the volume UP/DOWN buttons start to work only AFTER I adjust the volume once thru the wheel, or use the mute/unmute button. BTW :D : The volume hardware control does work a lot better than in the 0.3 image: "50" means indeed "half", while in 0.3 60 stood for zero sound.

2) the MPD database: it shows a lot of ARTISTS with no albums, and these artists come from the mp3 tag "album artist". In 0.3 I did not see these entries (only those from the "artist" tag. This may be helped by adding a "metadata_to_use" line (with tags to use) in mpd.conf BUT I cannot change the mpd.conf file because it is maintained by RuneAudio! So what to do?

Hope to hear from you!
HJLK

Postby janui » 05 Aug 2019, 16:00

Hi HJLK,
HJLK wrote:...the volume UP/DOWN buttons start to work only AFTER I adjust the volume once thru the wheel...
Yes, thanks, I know about this. It's on my list of things to do.
HJLK wrote:...This may be helped by adding a "metadata_to_use" line (with tags to use) in mpd.conf BUT I cannot change the mpd.conf file...
I am not sure it will help with your problem, but you can add a "metadata_to_use" clause in /etc/mpd.conf by logging in via SSH and using this command:
Code: Select all
redis-cli hset mpdconf metadata_to_use "tags"
Replace "tags" with a string like this: "artist,album,title,track,name,genre,date,composer,performer,disc", or use the format "+comment" or "-disc" to respectively add or remove a single tag.
After running the command you will need to reboot to activate it, then you will need rebuild your MPD library (see the option in the Sources UI).
To remove the "metadata_to_use" clause in /etc/mpd.conf use this command:
Code: Select all
redis-cli hdel mpdconf metadata_to_use
Followed by a reboot and a MPD library rebuild.
janui
janui

Postby HJLK » 08 Aug 2019, 10:00

Hi janui! Thanks for your info.

Regarding the problem wit mpd "artists" in RuneUI: I have done testing by adding the line "metadata_to_use" in the way you described. The procedure works: I can add the line in /etc/mpd.conf as you suggested. BTW: a reboot can be avoided by changing, say "Buffer before play" a bit, and SAVE in Menu - MPD (mpd.conf is rebuilt, and mpd restarted I think; this speeds up testing...)

The results are not promising: whenever I have an mp3-album with "artist" and "albumartist" both filled, I see ONLY "albumartist" in RuneUI Artists, but the album itself is NOT visible by clicking the (album)artist. The album itself is visible when looking in RuneUI Albums.
So MPD or Rune (?) prefers "albumartist"over "artist", and does not see the album via "albumartist".

For albums with only "artist" filled, all is well: I can see the artist via RuneUI Artists, and it's albums clicking it.

Can there be an issue with the Query/ies Rune does on the MPD-database? ( :? because all info seems to be in the mpd database!).
HJLK

Postby janui » 08 Aug 2019, 10:42

Hi HJLK,
HJLK wrote:...The results are not promising: whenever I have an mp3-album with "artist" and "albumartist" both filled...
That’s pretty much what I expected.
You could look at this post: add-more-categories-to-music-library-t3020.html#p10618
and this one: using-album-artist-t3782.html#p16170e
This one as well: album-artist-implementation-t4012.html#p17424
janui
janui

Postby mickburke » 08 Aug 2019, 15:34

I tried this but all I get is:
4.125561 Error: driver 'sdhost-bcm2835' is already registered, aborting...
4.131949 vc_vchi_sm_init: failed to open VCHI service (-1)
4.131956 [vc_sm_connected_init]: failed to initialize shared memory service
starting version 238
/dev/mmcblk0p2:clean, 92386/237104 files, 657765/947200 blocks

I'm on a raspberry pi 3b+ which was previously running .4, and using a 16g sd, wired network plus a USB wireless for use once it's in its final location.

Any idea what's going on?
mickburke

Postby janui » 08 Aug 2019, 15:53

Hi mickburke,
mickburke wrote:...driver 'sdhost-bcm2835' is already registered, aborting...
...Any idea what's going on?...
Yes, this is normal, see here: runeaudio-0-5-beta-for-all-raspberry-pi-models-t6532-360.html#p27201
janui
janui

Postby mickburke » 08 Aug 2019, 22:13

Thank you so much! The previous version I installed went all the way to the UI when it was done.

I'm still JUST barely learning about rune and MPD just a tiny bit so far, so I was lost!

Now to dig in and see if this update will give me what i was looking for!

Thanks again!
mickburke

Postby HJLK » 10 Aug 2019, 14:46

janui wrote:Hi HJLK,
HJLK wrote:...The results are not promising: whenever I have an mp3-album with "artist" and "albumartist" both filled...
That’s pretty much what I expected.
You could look at this post: add-more-categories-to-music-library-t3020.html#p10618
and this one: using-album-artist-t3782.html#p16170e
This one as well: album-artist-implementation-t4012.html#p17424
janui

Hello janui,

Of course I can live with searching my music via directory tree on my usb-sticks, the way I organised it. But RuneUI search albums via artist does (in my view) not work as may be expected: we see all albumartists and artists, but only when albumartist is not filled we see its albums...

Reason for this could be the use of an older mpd version 0.20 which DOES see (and prefers) "albumartist" (as opposed to mpd in 0.3 image), but that seems to interfere with the queries in RuneUI (again, as opposed in 0.3 image).
Image 0.5-beta indeed uses mpd 0.20, which has a limited command set to query its database. That is possibly the reason why albums via albumartist are not found in RuneUI. Mpd is currently 0.22, where the search command set is drastically altered (so it seems to me, anyway).
Could you comment on this?
Are there plans to incorporate mpd 0.22 in the image (and have RuneUI adapted to the new mpd command set)?
HJLK

Postby janui » 12 Aug 2019, 09:47

Hi HJLK,
RuneAudio uses 'Artist' and not ‘AlbumArtist’ because it is programmed to do so. It has nothing to do with the version of MPD.
In my previous post (here: runeaudio-0-5-beta-for-all-raspberry-pi-models-t6532-550.html#p28271) there is a link to a post which contains instructions for modifying the code in order to add/modify library page entries.
The latest version of MPD will be included in 0.6b.
janui
janui

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi