janui wrote:Hi R101,No real news at the moment, but we are still working on it.R101 wrote:Is there any news about 0.5 support for m3u8 streams?
m3u/m3u8 steams are not the only issue with the current version of MPD, there are also problems casting MP3 over UPnP/DLNA and there is also interest in Tidal, Google Play and qobuz support.
I have tried several times to upgrade MPD, including ffmpeg, but it breaks the build.
Upgrades for UPnP/DLNA and shairport-sync would also be welcome.
I am hoping to get an upgraded kernel the very near future, this will include upgraded versions of all packages. It will need a full testing cycle, so it will take some time. It will probably be released as 0.6b.
Hardware: RasPi B+ DAC+
Kewl! 0.5-beta installs on my hardware the same as 0.3-beta has been doing for years. Plays albums and streams my favorite classical music sites great. I follow the procedure I developed long ago to put playlists from my Windows box over to the RasPi. That is, I sftp the same ones that work on 0.3-beta to /var/lib/mpd/playlists.
### [begin OldPlaylists] The rest of this post about not being able to load my old playlists was due to my mistake. Read after "end OldPlaylists" to find out why.
But no luck with those playlists. Can't add any playlist to the queue.
But I think I know why.
Remember, rune is a client for mpd. That is rune can't do a lot without mpd. But you can talk to mpd directly via ssh and mpc.
If I ssh to my RasPi and do "mpc version" I see mpd respond "mpd version: 0.20.0".
If I do "mpc lsplaylists" I see all my *.m3u playlists that have worked for me for years with 0.3-beta.
If I then do "mpc load PLAYLISTNAME" mpd responds "Loading: PLAYLISTNAME".
If I then do "mpc playlist" mpd says there are no songs/cuts in the current playlist!
Since the current playlist is rune's queue, this is very bad.
I'm saying that the problem with m3u streaming -- and perhaps m3u8 streaming -- is that version 0.20 of mpd which 0.5-beta installs is just broken.
Whadaya think about that?
Added the next day:
Oh! The "load playlist" works for my list of streaming stations. It fails for albums on my NAS, though.
Added Sunday, June 30, 2019
The problem was that the playlists all referred to an NAS with the wrong name. As advised, I removed a special character -- an apostrophe -- from the 03-beta NAS name when I mounted it in 05-beta.
But I neglected to edit my playlists and remove the special character there! So the load command couldn't find the music files as named!
I went to my Windows 7 machine, opened a Cygwin xterm, navigated to the Windows directory with the playlists, and did this:
- Code: Select all
sed -i"OLD/*" "s/'//" *.m3u
The double quotes around the -i argument and the s substitution are necessary to make sure the '*' and the apostrophe aren't processed by the shell starting sed.
The sed command processes each file argument individually -- the -i argument -- first copying it to the subdirectory OLD, then deleting the FIRST apostrophe in each line and copying the line to a new version of the file in the current directory.
The result was a set of m3u playlists with the NAS path in agreement with the actual NAS path, and the original, or old, m3u playlists.
Then both the mpc load command and the rune playlist worked fine!
My apologies for the erroneous post!