Reinstalling shairport

Raspberry Pi related support

Reinstalling shairport

Postby dror » 19 Dec 2017, 09:26

I have two Rpis each running Rune.
I think somehow my shairport is broken on one of them, as no Airplay source connects successfully. I tested the sources with the other Rpi and the connection is successful.

I want to avoid starting the faulty machine with a new image. Can I just repair (reinstall) Shairport?

Thanks,
Dror
dror

Re: Reinstalling shairport

Postby janui » 21 Dec 2017, 17:21

Hi dror,
shairport is no longer supported, so there is no standard installation available in the Arch Linux repositories. However there is a build package on the Runeaudio github site, here: https://github.com/RuneAudio/RuneOS/tre ... rport-rune. But I do not see an arch6h tar.xy version for the Pi 1 (model A, B, B+, etc.). So, a reinstall would only be possible for an arch7h Pi 2/3 B. It's the same story for the shairport-sync (replacement for shairport), this will only work on the Pi 2/3 B, see here: replace-shairport-with-shairport-sync-ios-9-compatibility-t2872.html#p9817
janui
janui

Postby dror » 21 Dec 2017, 19:49

Hi janui,

Thanks for the reply. I have a rpi2.
Is there a "one line" (or more..) command for installation from the rune git?
dror

Postby janui » 21 Dec 2017, 20:18

Hi dror,
This should work:
Code: Select all
pacman -U https://github.com/RuneAudio/RuneOS/raw/master/packages/shairport-rune/shairport-rune-1.1.1-1-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz
janui
janui

Postby dror » 27 Dec 2017, 18:44

Hi,

Instead of reinstalling shairport I decided to try installing an up-to-date shairport-sync from the link janui gave. This is because I found the merged (but not activated) shairport-sync version (coming with 0.4) to play very well with TuneBlade, but it needs to be updated for a reason (TuneBlade needs a new version to be used a freeware).
Unfortunately, the process can't be loaded after installation.

First, in the installation line I get
warning: directory permissions differ on /usr/lib/systemd/system/

I edit the conf as my first SPS, and enabled the process but get the status:
● shairport-sync.service - Shairport Sync - AirPlay Audio Receiver
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/shairport-sync.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2017-12-27 18:44:02 CET; 6s ago
  Process: 4759 ExecStart=/usr/bin/shairport-sync (code=exited, status=127)
 Main PID: 4759 (code=exited, status=127)

Dec 27 18:44:02 runeaudio systemd[1]: Started Shairport Sync - AirPlay Audio Receiver.
Dec 27 18:44:02 runeaudio systemd[1]: shairport-sync.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=127/n/a
Dec 27 18:44:02 runeaudio systemd[1]: shairport-sync.service: Unit entered failed state.
Dec 27 18:44:02 runeaudio systemd[1]: shairport-sync.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

whats wrong?
dror

Postby hondagx35 » 27 Dec 2017, 21:39

Hi dror,

value 127 is returned by /bin/sh when the given command is not found within your PATH system variable and it is not a built-in shell command. In other words, the system doesn't understand your command, because it doesn't know where to find the binary you're trying to call or the file is not executable.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby janui » 28 Dec 2017, 01:06

Hi dror,
You should first check that shairport-sync is correctly installed with the command:
shairport-sync -V
it should return something like this:
3.1.4-OpenSSL-Avahi-ALSA-pa-soxr-sysconfdir:/etc
Then try to start it with the command:
shairport-sync
and it should return something like this:
Successful Startup
Exit with a <crtl>C.
If this is OK then you need to check that shairport-sync is called with a full path specification from the shairport-sync.service file.
If you need more help after this point post the first 30 lines of your debug, the contents of the shairport-sync.service file plus any unexpected messages from the commands above.
janui
janui

Postby dror » 28 Dec 2017, 09:37

Hi

this the output for the first command

root@runeaudio(rw):~# shairport-sync -V
shairport-sync: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

the shairport-sync version currently installed is 3.1.6-1 (using pacman -S shairport-sync)
dror

Postby janui » 28 Dec 2017, 11:33

Hi dror,
You really need to post your debug for more help. I don't know which version of Linux, the Rune build or the Pi platform you are using. Guessing at a solution (this will only work on a Pi 2B or 3B, shairport-sync will not work on any other Pi types), because libcrypto.so.1.1 is part of openssl and because a couple of other packages need to be updated together with openssl I would try:
pacman -Sy openssl pacman wpa_supplicant
Test it with:
pacman -Q openssl pacman wpa_supplicant shairport-sync
shairport-sync -V
janui
janui

Postby dror » 28 Dec 2017, 17:30

Hi
https://pastebin.com/cHcUsPd5

This is my debug info.
If you meant something else please tell me.

Thanks for your help
dror

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Next

Return to Raspberry Pi