I have finally successfully installed Pi-hole on my Runeaudio RPI3b which I use as a media server.
I compiled it from the two following AUR sites:
You will have to make a normal user to login as, otherwise you will not be able to compile the code.
I had to install the following packages with pacman before compiling: bc bind-tools iproute2 logrotate net-tools perl gmp nettle.
I did not have any problems compiling.
I have shared them on Google, no guaranties but they should work on an arm7 pc I guess.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
I then had to adapt the following nginx tutorial at: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pi-hole
After a few days of failure to launch I found I had to make these few small changes.
I edited the /etc/nginx/conf.d/pihole.conf and made the port for pihole 88, "listen 88;"
I also changed the root folder to "root /srv/http/pihole/admin;"
Doing this lets you access http://runeaudio:88 and it goes straight to the admin page.
I also hae to comment out autoindex off and deny all lines otherwise nginx would crash on startup.
Maybe we can fix it one day.
The biggest problem I had was that the php (which is 5.6) is not an off the shelf version its called php-rune and if you want to install php stuff it comes up with incompatibily errors and won't install any modules etc. Maybe the devs will uprade to 7 one day
"www.conf" needs to be setup as a pool to work. I ended up renaming it to pihole.conf containing:
user = http
group = http
listen = 127.0.0.1:9001
pm = static
pm.max_children = 1
pm.start_servers = 1
chdir = /
This got me past the failure to start error screen that Runeaudio gives you.
I was then faced with a working Pi-hole that did not resolve any DNS.
This is where I found you really do need to edit /etc/dnsmasq.conf and insert "conf-dir=/etc/dnsmasq.d/,*.conf"
Which is only mentioned in the standalone instructions.
This fixed the non-resolving problem.
OOPS! just changed user back to http, lost dhcp service in pi-hole, it was working for pc's already connected but would not hand out addresses for new connections.
OOPS again! The problem with the DHCP not working was because eth0 was disabled from serving in /etc/dnsmasq.conf, DOH!
You need to disable these lines when you add the line to include the pihole confs:
# exclude DHCP-Server for ethernet
Its because runeaudio can run its own AP when you have a wireless connection onboard and these options take precedence being first on the parsing list for dnsmasq, even if the AP is disabled they are still active for the DHCP.
Now it all works great and I can get rid of my raspbian server
You can see my other post for fixing sharing a usb hard drive under samba.
Cheers, have fun....