I want to help but don't know how ))

Help wanted! How to contribute to RuneAudio project

I want to help but don't know how ))

Postby Dukobpa3 » 16 Sep 2014, 10:32

I've requested ru_RU and uk_UA in the transifex project but I've seen just one resource with month names. Any progress with it?

Also I can help with code. Do you have any FAQ about how to setup runeaudio to the clean arch system? How can I start contributing and how can I update my system from github?

I'm using raspberry-pi and cubietruck. I prefer raspi with runeaudio.
Cubietruck I'm using with android but I can help with testing Cubie-runeaudio assemblies.
Last edited by Dukobpa3 on 16 Sep 2014, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
Dukobpa3

Re: I want to help but don't know how ))

Postby ACX » 16 Sep 2014, 11:56

Hi Dukobpa3,
sure you can help us :)

You'll have to wait about the translation because we still have to choose the way to work on it. In the dedicated thread I was wondering if there is an automated way to keep Transifex and GitHub in sync and work on both sides without problems. If you can personally test some of the solutions suggested you will help us to decide and spare us time.

We already published a cookbook on how to do a clean RuneAudio installation from scratch. It's for the Rpi, but you can apply the same steps to the other platforms:
https://github.com/RuneAudio/RuneOS/blo ... uction.txt
You'll need to compile all the custom packages for other platforms. We are compiling the ARMv7h ones in these days and soon you'll find them in the repo.

For Cubietruck, please try to cooperate with user hondagx35, who already has attempted and succeeded to bring a first porting to life: cubietruck-t162.html#p2364
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Dukobpa3 » 16 Sep 2014, 13:18

Ok. I'll investigate the first setup and than try to do some with localization.

Features I want to get:
- AccessPoint settings for WiFi.
- open-home renderer (UPnP is have playlist on control-point. OpenHome store playlist to renderer. Much better with more than one controller. upmpdcli is like able to provide OHServices.)
Dukobpa3

Postby Aquarius » 16 Sep 2014, 14:13

Dukobpa3 wrote:Ok. I'll investigate the first setup and than try to do some with localization.

Features I want to get:
- open-home renderer (UPnP is have playlist on control-point. OpenHome store playlist to renderer. Much better with more than one controller. upmpdcli is like able to provide OHServices.)

Oh yes, OpenHome seems nice !
-- Aquarius
Hifi Gear: RuneAudio/Volumio on Raspberry Pi B + Hifibery Digi, Atoll ST200 (network streamer, DAC, pre-amp), Emotiva XPA-2, Bowers & Wilkins 683
Aquarius

Postby ACX » 16 Sep 2014, 14:27

Dukobpa3 wrote:Features I want to get:

Do you mean a hotspot feature? That's in our roadmap too, so if you could help with that it would be awesome.

Dukobpa3 wrote:- open-home renderer (UPnP is have playlist on control-point. OpenHome store playlist to renderer. Much better with more than one controller. upmpdcli is like able to provide OHServices.)

upmpdcli package is going to be part of RuneAudio (and integrated in the UI) from the upcoming 0.3-beta release, we already compiled it for Rpi: https://github.com/RuneAudio/RuneOS/tre ... i/packages
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Dukobpa3 » 16 Sep 2014, 14:33

ACX wrote:Do you mean a hotspot feature?

Yes, I need it for my project. It is a first priority for me.

ACX wrote:upmpdcli package is going to be part of RuneAudio

I have seen it. It is a reason I want to use upmpdcli.
But it don't work as OpenHome for now. This part is need some investigating.
Dukobpa3

Postby Dukobpa3 » 16 Sep 2014, 16:33

Why do you have sys settings in both RuneUI and RuneOS repos and it is being substantially the same?
Which option is relevant?
Dukobpa3

Postby ACX » 22 Sep 2014, 00:08

Dukobpa3 wrote:Why do you have sys settings in both RuneUI and RuneOS repos and it is being substantially the same?
Which option is relevant?

Sorry for the late reply. The relevant repository for sys config files is the RuneOS. We still are in the middle of a migration from the old code base so some files are still on both repos - we will clean it as soon as possible.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Dukobpa3 » 22 Sep 2014, 00:40

Thanks for the answer.
Also I'm offering to use symlinks to config files instead of replacing it in main /etc/ folder.
Dukobpa3

Postby bastienauneau » 16 Jan 2015, 15:26

Hy guys

What is the status for hotspot setting ?
I've already done such config on raspbian, with hostapd and some routing
If you need help, I could give it a try, as I'm learning archlinux

Also, I'm sw engineer, I like runeaudio, and I'd like to contribute. Anything else is the focus of the moment ? I haven't found much on the forum...
I'm also checking out MPD and MPC, as I'm developping a HW interface compatible with runeaudio (with screen and buttons)

Cheers
Bastien
bastienauneau

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Next

Return to Help the project