Decided to give Rune a try. It's been a couple of years. Happy Volumio user on 2 devices, Moode is a bust in the SQ department IMO, and like I said its been a couple of years since I tried Rune.
DIDN'T SEE AN OPTION TO DELETE MY POST. DON'T WASTE TIME READING MY BLUNDERS, JUST SKIP TO THE LAST POST.
Downloaded the latest Rune beta image and used Etcher to copy it to my micro SD card.
RuneAudioAP showed up right away. Connected to it and after a little research found the password of "RuneAudio" and went to 192.168.5.1.
Went to "Networking" and connected to my network. No apparent change, so I restarted.
RuneAudioAP did not show up anymore which I took as a good sign that I was connected to my network.
Checked my router page and "runeaudio" was connected. Went to the IP address shown for runeaudio and nada.
Restarted the Pi and this time runeaudio never showed up, but "volumio" briefly showed up and went away. My other Pi that is actually running Volumio is at a different IP address. A second volumio at a completely different IP address shows up the first time I boot Rune after connecting to my network, but then disappears.
Connected an HDMI cable to the Pi to see what was going on.
During the boot process, it hangs. Tried several more reboots and got the same result.
Gave Rune the benefit of the doubt and started all over again with a new micro SD card. Pretty much the same result. Everything is fine running in AP mode, connect to my network, it shows up as "volumio" for a split second, and then chokes.
Open to suggestions, but I appear to be dead in the water running Rune on my Raspberry Pi 3B+.