Youtube uses Adaptive Streams. Audio included Ogg, m4a and Opus. Among them, Opus 160kbps is the best.
Using the following, we can play Opus directly from Youtube.
MPD needs Opus pluggin. Enable ffmpeg.
1. Download mpc for Windows. Extract to folder on PC. ie C: \mpc:
http://www.musicpd.org/download/mpc/0/m ... -win32.zip
2. Install the "External Application Button" addon on Chrome or Firefox:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ifdo?hl=en
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... plication/
3. Download windows.zip. Extract and run install.bat:
4. In settings of addon "External Application Button". Set as follows:
5. Go to genyt.net. Select the video you want to play. Right click on WEBM 160abr, select "Send Link to MPD". Youtube audio link will be added to MPD.
6. Add menu MPD Play/Pause: