The Raspberry Pi 3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: The Raspberry Pi 3

Postby AlleyCat » 24 Mar 2016, 18:43

Here is some feedback on possible bugs for the image posted on March 21, RuneAudio_rpi2_rp3_0.4-beta_20160321_2GB

1) The option "Add, replace and play" is not working.
To replicate:
- Add source network shred folder (e.g. 192.168.0.100/Music)
- Update the mpd database
- Select Library->Network mounts->Music->Add and play any files. Music will start.
- Select Library->Network mounts->Music->Genre->Jazz-> Add, replace and play any other artist of file.
Failure: the queue will not update and restart playing the original playlist.

2) Adding an artist from the artist menu fails.
To replicate:
- Select Library->Artist.
- Add, replace and play any artist.
Failure: Queue will be empty and no music plays.

3) Add Genre -> Album doesn't work.
To replicate:
- Select Library-> Blues-> Add, replace and play.
Error: nothing happen. Queue is empty.

4) Adding CD from the Genre option doesn't work.
To replicate:
- Library->Genre->from the list of CD select to Add,replace and play.
Faulire: the link "option button" doesn't response.

I hope this list is detailed enough to help you replicating the issues I am experiencing.

Thanks again for your development efforts,
AlleyCat
AlleyCat

Postby lukeap69 » 25 Mar 2016, 08:49

Just to report that in the latest version my DSD files are working properly which didn't in the previous one. Good job Frank!
lukeap69

Postby osanto » 25 Mar 2016, 10:24

Hello,

I want to build a Pi as a media streamer/player to connect it to my Anthem 510.

I was thinking, (thanks to user PeterB), Pi 3 + DIGI+, do you know if it´s compatible with Pi3?

What do you think about this setup?

For the power supply, i´m thinking on a Sbooster.

It´s my firt time with a Pi, Thanks
osanto

Postby Purpletrash » 25 Mar 2016, 15:13

Hi there. I'm a complete nvoice to the Pi and Rune so apologise if my questions are stupid but I appear to be having a few issues with rune on my pi3 answer hope someone can help.

I've downloaded and installed the new version of rune and it starts up fine however the mouse cursor is invisible. Also, when I try and enter a WiFi key I don't appear to be able to save it.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you
Purpletrash

Postby hondagx35 » 25 Mar 2016, 16:59

Hi Purpletrash,

I've downloaded and installed the new version of rune and it starts up fine however the mouse cursor is invisible. Also, when I try and enter a WiFi key I don't appear to be able to save it.

The mouse cursor on the local browser is disabled, because the image is optimized for small (7") touch displays.
You can enable it by editing the file /root/.xinitrc
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
export XDG_CACHE_HOME="/tmp/.cache" &
export DISPLAY=":0" &

# start the touchscreen calibration utility
# needed for some screens (Pollin 7" tft)
# for this to work you have to disable loading midori
#xinput_calibrator &

# turn off display power management
xset -dpms &

# turn off screensaver
xset s off &

# start the window manager without titlebar and mouse
matchbox-window-manager -use_titlebar no -use_cursor no &

# install multimedia keyboard shortcuts
xbindkeys &

# start midori in privat mode with fullscreen display
midori -p -e Fullscreen http://localhost

Change "-use_cursor no" to "-use_cursor yes"

Saving the wifi key should work without problems.
Are you trying to connect via DHCP or static IP?

BTW: wired network will work without configuration.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby richardkendell » 25 Mar 2016, 18:25

Have just installed Rune to a Pi 3 and all seemed OK, got connected to the Nas, audio output to headphones all worked. Android App works well. But I connected the Pi to my DAC (Audio lab MDAC) via USB and while it started playing OK the sound just started breaking up. I tried increasing the buffer settings but it made no difference. The same tracks played OK on my Squeezebox. Is it me, the Pi or an issue with Rune? Anyone got any tips to try?
In addition I cannot get sound out to HDMI. I think this is an issue with the tv since I had the same issue with Omxplayer and sorted it by typing

hdmi_drive=2

in the config file. I assume something similar is needed in Rune. Is this the case and if so how do I access the config files in Rune to do it?
Thanks
richardkendell

Postby fboe » 25 Mar 2016, 20:39

Hi

I can't hear and difference when I change the Sound Signature (optimization profiles) at my Rpi3?! - but there is a big difference on the rpi1 - is there something I have forgotten or is it not working at the rpi3?

Cheers

Anders
fboe

Postby Dohmar » 26 Mar 2016, 01:35

richardkendell wrote:Have just installed Rune to a Pi 3 and all seemed OK, got connected to the Nas, audio output to headphones all worked. Android App works well. But I connected the Pi to my DAC (Audio lab MDAC) via USB and while it started playing OK the sound just started breaking up. I tried increasing the buffer settings but it made no difference. The same tracks played OK on my Squeezebox. Is it me, the Pi or an issue with Rune? Anyone got any tips to try?
In addition I cannot get sound out to HDMI. I think this is an issue with the tv since I had the same issue with Omxplayer and sorted it by typing

hdmi_drive=2

in the config file. I assume something similar is needed in Rune. Is this the case and if so how do I access the config files in Rune to do it?
Thanks

Hi Richard
Are you connecting to your nas via the Pis onboard wireless? I have been and I've found that the wireless is only barely adequate to keep up.
When buffering the song it transfers around 5.5mbit which is the max throughput I've found and when the song is playing and it replenishes the buffer, it does so in pulses every few seconds which generally use 4.5mbit. An easy way to check this is to install nload if its not already installed.

at a shell with root access, type the following :
# pacman -Sy nload

once installed, run nload and select your wireless adaptor and you'll be able to see the traffic in real time. I've found running through cable is better, while it too is limited by the USB bus there is better throughput. Copying the files to a hdd and connecting via USB eliminated it for me all together.

The other option could be which sound profile you have selected for your DAC. There are half a dozen there for you to experiment with.

Cheers
Dohmar
Dohmar

Postby richardkendell » 26 Mar 2016, 07:40

Thanks for the reply Dohmar. I am trying to use wireless and it seems OK with headphones but it sure doesn"t like the DAC! I wonder if it is something to do with drivers for the MDAC. I will try again later today. If all else fails I will connect a HD.
richardkendell

Postby MrDerp » 26 Mar 2016, 08:30

Hi guys. Just put together my Pi3 and iqAudio DAC+, installed the latest beta and I'm experiencing some issues. First I cannot enable the DAC via ssh. Run Putty, type in the Pi IP and have "Disconnected: Server protocol violation: unexpected SSH2_MSG_UNIMPLEMENTED packet". I searched the forum, browsed the internet - all I get it is something on the server side... Bur which server? I'm so lame with Linux and its offspring...

UPD: Solved the issue by using WinSCP instead of Putty.

The other issue is I cannot correctly set the path to my NAS. It runs on OMV. The IP is 192.168.1.33, the name is "MYNAS", the shared folder is "nas". For NFS I've set permissions to the Pi's IP, and now I'm trying to figure out the right path. Read the forum as well but feel silly lol) Every bit of help will be greatly appreciated.)

Ty)
MrDerp

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi