Spotify support in RuneAudio 0.3-beta

Please report any bug found here

Re: Spotify support in RuneAudio 0.3-beta

Postby ACX » 21 Oct 2014, 23:41

J@r0d wrote:I'm surprise, but if i choose volumio/runeaudio/daphile is only for want a bitperfect sound and i prefer quobuz at deezer or spotify

Qobuz is one of the most interesting candidates for a future streaming music service integration.
User avatar
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder
 
Posts: 1688
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 02:25
Location: Udine, Italy

Re: Spotify support in RuneAudio 0.3-beta

Postby bvleur » 22 Oct 2014, 14:23

Great! Like I wasn't excited for the 0.3-beta release before this announcement.

Would really like to test this version soon :)
bvleur
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 02 Jun 2014, 15:09

Re: Spotify support in RuneAudio 0.3-beta

Postby runeaudio29 » 22 Oct 2014, 23:42

Great news on spotify thanks, Wimp integration would be cool also :)
runeaudio29
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 11 Sep 2014, 12:39

Re: Spotify support in RuneAudio 0.3-beta

Postby Aquarius » 23 Oct 2014, 09:00

ACX wrote:
J@r0d wrote:I'm surprise, but if i choose volumio/runeaudio/daphile is only for want a bitperfect sound and i prefer quobuz at deezer or spotify

Qobuz is one of the most interesting candidates for a future streaming music service integration.

That's good to hear :)

I took a look at their API spec the other day. It seems clean and easy to implement, BUT I also saw that they may require a complete set of UI that will be difficult to implement in RuneUI. For exemple, I think they ask those who use their API to implement all the "Recommandation", "New", "Genre" .(and so on...) filters that they have on their website. This may require its own part of RuneUI like you did for spotify (or so it seems).

For a good exemple of what's in there, take a look at the Qobuz plugin for XBMC (now Kodi). It works well.
More info here:
http://www.qobuz.com/lu-fr/info/MAGAZIN ... edia173258
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146568

(EDIT: sorry the qobuz link is in french)
-- Aquarius
Hifi Gear: RuneAudio/Volumio on Raspberry Pi B + Hifibery Digi, Atoll ST200 (network streamer, DAC, pre-amp), Emotiva XPA-2, Bowers & Wilkins 683
Aquarius
 
Posts: 110
Joined: 26 Aug 2014, 08:42

Re: Spotify support in RuneAudio 0.3-beta

Postby PhM » 24 Oct 2014, 12:07

Hey there,

Orion, ACX, many thanks for the Spotify support in RuneAudio. That's great !

I understand that not everyone has a Spotify account, but Spotify is used by a lot of people and if, I understood, spop has an interface very close of MPD. Same time, as all major music streaming opérator expose different API, it's hard to satisfy everyone. The point is to find some balance between functionnalities and time to release :)

Anyway thank again you for the great work. With that news, waiting for the beta release is even a bit more hard :)
PhM
 
Posts: 11
Joined: 13 Jun 2014, 09:12

Re: Spotify support in RuneAudio 0.3-beta

Postby J@r0d » 24 Oct 2014, 12:46

Aquarius wrote:
ACX wrote:
J@r0d wrote:I'm surprise, but if i choose volumio/runeaudio/daphile is only for want a bitperfect sound and i prefer quobuz at deezer or spotify

Qobuz is one of the most interesting candidates for a future streaming music service integration.

That's good to hear :)

I took a look at their API spec the other day. It seems clean and easy to implement, BUT I also saw that they may require a complete set of UI that will be difficult to implement in RuneUI.


Yes i say, but for me and for my opinion, i prefer have a light interface bitperfect ;)

That explain by this reason: I use runeaudio in my car with output digi and connect to the homedsp and many speaker and amplificator.

In my home i use LMS in Cubox with spotify, deezer, quobuz
J@r0d
 
Posts: 35
Joined: 03 Oct 2014, 03:52

Re: Spotify support in RuneAudio 0.3-beta

Postby ACX » 24 Oct 2014, 13:47

J@r0d wrote:Yes i say, but for me and for my opinion, i prefer have a light interface bitperfect ;)

That will never miss. High fidelity audio is still our primary aim, and the Spotify integration does not imply any sort of compromise with that. We just made the switch between MPD and spop seamless in terms of UI an UX.
User avatar
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder
 
Posts: 1688
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 02:25
Location: Udine, Italy

Re: Spotify support in RuneAudio 0.3-beta

Postby Stwert » 24 Oct 2014, 14:50

In terms of features, spotify is quite well set up these days. I'm obviously not expecting "app" integration or browsing recommendations or moods and all that on Rune, but I'm wondering how the "your music" idea will be organized. Spotify allows you to save albums and songs, in addition to adding them to custom playlists. Will we be able to view our saved albums and perhaps sort by different things, or how will that work? Or will it be playlists only at this point?
Stwert
 
Posts: 42
Joined: 19 Sep 2014, 01:58

Re: Spotify support in RuneAudio 0.3-beta

Postby ACX » 24 Oct 2014, 15:48

Stwert wrote:Will we be able to view our saved albums and perhaps sort by different things, or how will that work? Or will it be playlists only at this point?

If you look at the posted screenshots you can see that at this point we only present a browsable list of saved playlists. You can add single songs or whole playlists to the playing queue. In the next releases we are going to add more features to enhance the user experience.
User avatar
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder
 
Posts: 1688
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 02:25
Location: Udine, Italy

Re: Spotify support in RuneAudio 0.3-beta

Postby Stwert » 24 Oct 2014, 16:13

Okay, thanks. I saw that but wasn't sure if maybe albums are represented the same way as playlists in the spotify api. Looking at this, it appears the "Library" is different from the list of playlists: https://developer.spotify.com/web-api/g ... ed-tracks/
No idea how hard it would be to implement, but I'll just throw out my vote for albums since with streaming services I save albums much more than I create playlists.
Stwert
 
Posts: 42
Joined: 19 Sep 2014, 01:58

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Bug report

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests