I am kinda new to this place, though i have used it to nourish my growing interest in the Pi and all its potential.
I bought my Pi B+ just a month ago, and I am truly amazed by the possibilities! Atm its running Elec and is a mediaplayer at the livingroom TV (supported by my gamerig/mediacenter in the cinemaroom). But my project reaches beyond my own knowledge and capabilities (i hope not). I want to make a PiAmp, one case Pi Streamer - with all integraded in one metalcase. But there ends my ideas Ive spendt countless hours searching for forumposts, blogs, build-instructables etc etc, but noone can keep the build like i want it, or in a way i can cope with.
What i have decided is this:
- - Raspberry Pi B+
- HifiBerry I2S dac
- 5v converter for power to the Pi
- an on of switch for nuking down the Pi correctly
- a 2x50w amplifierboard
- a PSU working on 230/240v - giving 24-28v
- possibility to connect a lcd-touch panels
- everything shall have connections at the back (4x usb, hdmi, speaker-out, 230v in
My questions are as following:
- - what 2x50w amp is usefull? (have read about the TPA3116 and AudioBah-thingie Skrodahl is using)
- will i need a preamp for this?
- is there a way to connect a potmeter-or a volumswitch of any kind?
- is there a way to power down the whole thing, also correctly powering down the Pi?
My biggest concern is that the build will require to much electrical knowledge and soldering work. I am going to be able to solder socets and pull wires, but i dont wanna unsolder anything from the pi or the amp board.
Is anyone doing something similar, and is able to tell me the answer to some of these questions? As this is my first DIY, i want it to be perfect:p