Raspberry Pi related support

Re: [Addon] RuneUI Enhancement

Postby dynobot » 30 May 2019, 03:11

Next

went to /etc/netctl

removed test

via the UI no saved interfaces show up

went back to the netctl dir and removed my network ssid

went back to the UI and found then entered my ssid info to connect....varified this in the netctl dir as it showed up

reboot...nothing no wifi connection

went back to the netctl dir and I can see my network info ssid....however via the UI no saved networks

However this command results in an empty list...redis-cli get stored_profiles | tr -d '\\"[]' | sed 's/,/\n/g'

So even though its stored in the netctl dir its not getting over to the redis-cli.....I GUess
dynobot

Postby dynobot » 30 May 2019, 04:58

Finally got it to work.
dynobot

Postby rern » 30 May 2019, 05:26

@dynobot,

Good to hear that you've sorted it out.

Anyway, I'll share what I've just reproduced the issue and solved for others who might have got the same thing. If you have anything to add, please do.

- Reflash SD card to RuneAudio_rpi2_rp3_0.5-beta_20180903-10.img
- Install Addons and RuneUI Enhancement
- Menu > Network > wlan0 ... scanning for network ...
- Wi-Fi stored profiles > Show ... none
- Click one in Wi-Fi networks in range > fill password > Save Profile
- Wi-Fi networks in range ... none connected (no green check for the saved WiFi)
- Wi-Fi stored profiles > Show ... still none

- Menu > Power > Reboot (IMPORTANT)

- Menu > Network ... wlan0 ... connected (appended with saved profile name)
- wlan0 ... scanning for network ... Wi-Fi networks in range ... connected (green check for the saved WiFi)
- Wi-Fi stored profiles > Show ... the saved profile (and the "test")

To remove "test" profile (all saved profile will be deleted as well)
- Disconnect WiFi
- Close all network pages
Code: Select all
mv /etc/netctl/eth0 .
rm /etc/netctl/* 2> /dev/null
mv eth0 /etc/netctl
redis-cli del stored_profiles
- Recreate WiFi connection

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby dynobot » 30 May 2019, 13:34

Hi Rern

I just want to confirm that you are saying YES you were able to reproduce the problem of losing your wifi connection after installing the UI Enhancement?
dynobot

Postby rern » 30 May 2019, 13:59

dynobot wrote:I just want to confirm that you are saying YES you were able to reproduce the problem of losing your wifi connection after installing the UI Enhancement?

No.
The missing saved WiFi after the very first boot happened to me even without RuneUIe installed. I had to do the reboot which solved it.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby dynobot » 30 May 2019, 15:06

Your method is not a replication of the issue and actually will not solve the issue.

As stated in my previous posts 'after' RuneUI Enhancement is installed the ability to connect to wifi is lost. It does not matter how many times you reboot, try to scan, remove test files etc.

I identified a soft block of wlan0, this alone will make it impossible to connect to wifi. This was resolved by rfkill unblock 0

Method
-flashing a new image
-boot up
-removed the test file located in /etc/netctl
-connect to wifi network
-install Addons
confirm that wifi is not blocked - rfkill list, if it is unblock with rfkill unblock 0
-confirm wifi is still able to scan - redis-cli get wlans | tr -d '\\"' | sed 's/,/\n/g' | grep ESSID
-confirm new connection is in netctl - redis-cli get stored_profiles | tr -d '\\"[]' | sed 's/,/\n/g'
-confirm redis-cli save command is in file - cat /srv/http/enhance.php | grep 'redis-cli save'
-run netctl - netctl-auto switch-to ESSID
-run redis-cli save - system says OK
-reboot

After
-confirm wifi working rfkill list - OK working
-confirm network connection saved in netctl dir + redis-cli get stored_profiles | tr -d '\\"[]' | sed 's/,/\n/g' - OK saved
-check UI to verify network connected - NO not connected
-check ifconfig - NO wlan0 ***strange because via the UI I can scan and see networks****

Although wifi is working, the connection is saved in redis-cli the default 192.168.xxx.xxx persists = wifi connection not working
Last edited by dynobot on 30 May 2019, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
dynobot

Postby dynobot » 30 May 2019, 16:00

Further investigation

ifconfig - no wlan0 showing
systemctl - wpa_supplicant@wlan0.service loaded failed failed
systemctl - netctl@my_network.service loaded failed failed
dynobot

Postby ga1580 » 30 May 2019, 16:46

I was experiencing some slow load time on the old interface, and updated to the UI Enhancement today. Pretty slick, and was working much quicker for a couple hours.

Now when I go to load the app on my phone or using browser on my pc, it just sits on the logo screen. Tried powering down and restarting, same issue. It isn't a delay, been sitting on the logo for 10 minutes. I know the system is up because I can still cast music to the Rune and it is working through the speakers, but I can't access any controls. Any idea what would have changed that quickly?
ga1580

Postby rern » 30 May 2019, 17:03

@dynobot,

- I have posted what commands that could help me to get to the issue which you ignored.
- Then you're back with a couple posts full of logs.
- I took a wild guess to reproduce the issue and asked you to add your finding if there're any differences.
- You wanted my confirmation that I've reproduced it in spite of the detail of every steps.
- Then you threw it back at me that it's not the case and not the solution. Obviously, it's not which you can tell from my post in the first place. How could it be?
- Your solution, that's good for you and someone with the same issue.
- I've asked and still don't know after which one, Addons or RuneUI Enhancement, that caused the issue.

I think you should contact me via private message instead. This is too long for this thread.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby dynobot » 30 May 2019, 17:09

rern wrote:@dynobot,

- I have posted what commands that could help me to get to the issue which you ignored.
- Then you're back with a couple posts full of logs.
- I took a wild guess to reproduce the issue and asked you to add your finding if there're any differences.
- You wanted my confirmation that I've reproduced it in spite of the detail of every steps.
- Then you threw it back at me that it's not the case and not the solution. Obviously, it's not which you can tell from my post in the first place. How could it be?
- Your solution, that's good for you and someone with the same issue.
- I've asked and still don't know after which one, Addons or RuneUI Enhancement, that caused the issue.

I think you should contact me via private message instead. This is too long for this thread.

rern

Hi rern

I thought I picked up all your suggestions and applied them

I will contact you via PM

Also I thought I posted clearly it was after the UI is installed.
dynobot

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi