RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby janui » 07 Jan 2019, 21:00

Hi martin,
humschti wrote:...I have a strange issue: Alsamixer is loosing its settings on reboot (well, not on all reboots but on most of them). Sound is very weak when the config is reseted...
Sometimes the software and hardware volume controls have both been set and RuneAudio remembers and applies both settings. The symptoms are similar to what you describe. What you could try is the following:
    Open the MPD UI, modify the Volume control to 'enabled - software', save, modify Start volume to '-1', save.
    Play some music, in the main Playback panel set the volume to '100%', reboot.
    Open the MPD UI, modify the Volume control to 'enabled - hardware', save, modify Start volume to '-1', save.
    Play some music, in the main Playback panel set the volume to '100%', reboot.
It should now work fine, you can now set up the Volume control and Start volume to your own preferences. Save the MPD UI Volume control setting first before modifying the Start volume or main Playback panel volume.
janui
janui

Postby Toube » 08 Jan 2019, 18:41

Hi Guys,

I'm facing a weird problem using Allo Digione.
I have turned the volume control completely off and using the SPDIF out I can control the volume on my speakers directly and that's how it supposed to work.

But now when I switched to the BNC/Coaxial out.. alsamixer calls it AIF I'm not able to control the volume through the speaker or Runeaudio.. The volume seems to be playing at 40% or something. Shouldn't I be able to control the volume through the speakers the same way using the BNC/Coaxial out on the Allo?

Regards,
Toube
Toube

Postby Toube » 08 Jan 2019, 20:10

Okay, problem found and solved. The speakers DSP had somehow been messed up and the volume control was not working.
I hook them up the laptop and restored factory default and the volume control started working again. Strange.. guess I will have to contact the manufacturer.

Regards,
Toube
Toube

Postby Vhond » 10 Jan 2019, 09:16

janui wrote:Hi Vhond,
Vhond wrote:Another question: as I use an app on my smart phone I now can see Runeaudio as a SMB device?? I am connected via NFS to my NAS but what is Runeaudio sharing using SMB??
First of all Samba is only switched on when Dev Mode is on (see the /dev UI) or when switched ON in the Settings UI. Then there are two modes of operation Read-Only and Read/Write. Dev Mode always uses Read/Write and this overrides any settings made in the Settings UI.
Read-Only mode is designed to share your music library on your network with other devices (like an additional RuneAudio player). It then acts like a simple NAS.
Read/Write mode is designed for RuneAudio system development. It can also be used to copy music over the network to your to RuneAudio USB-disk, but it is very slow!
The configuration files for Samba are /etc/samba/smb-prod.conf (Read-Only) and /etc/samba/smb-dev.conf (Read/Write). When Samba is switched ON in Read/Write mode these configuration files are available via a Samba share and can be modified from your PC. The configuration files contain more detailed documentation.

Default access for Read-Only mode:
    MusicStoreNAS (/mnt/MPD/NAS) – Your NAS/Network Mounts devices
    MusicStoreUSB (/mnt/MPD/USB) – Your USB devices
    MusicStoreLocalStorage (/mnt/MPD/LocalStorage) – Your MPD storage on the SD-Card
    MusicStoreWebradio (/mnt/MPD/Webradio) – Your Webradios
Default access for Read/Write mode:
    MusicStoreNAS (/mnt/MPD/NAS) – Your NAS/Network Mounts devices
    MusicStoreUSB (/mnt/MPD/USB) – Your USB devices
    MusicStoreLocalStorage (/mnt/MPD/LocalStorage) – Your MPD storage on the SD-Card
    MusicStoreWebradio (/mnt/MPD/Webradio) – Your Webradios
    SambaConfig (/etc/samba/) - Your Samba configuration files
    mpd (/var/lib/mpd/) – Your MPD configuration file
    www (/var/www/) – For UI development
    etc (/etc) – Your Linux configuration files
If you try modifying the Samba configuration and screw it up, it can be reset via an option in the /dev UI.
janui

@Janui: thx for your explanation and summing up of the configuration paths so I could check
Vhond

Postby tixs » 12 Jan 2019, 13:11

I scame across a few - as I assume - flaws in the MPD configuration which makes the library features less usable than I would hope them to be.

1. Apparently, the MPD sorting ranks track numbers higher than the album tags in the files. It also appears that if the track numbers are the same, the alphabetical order of the track names is being preferred.

As an example, the folder structure of the files is as follows:

\---Pop
|
+---Paul Simon
| \---(1991) Concert in the Park
| |
| +---CD 01
| | Paul Simon 01. Obvious Child.mp3
| | Paul Simon 02. Boy in the Bubble.mp3
| | Paul Simon 03. She Moves On.mp3
| | Paul Simon 04. Kodachrome.mp3
| | Paul Simon 05. Born at the Right Time.mp3
| | Paul Simon 06. Train in the Distance.mp3
| | Paul Simon 07. Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard.mp3
| | Paul Simon 08. I Know What I Know.mp3
| | Paul Simon 09. Cool, Cool River.mp3
| | Paul Simon 10. Bridge over Troubled Water.mp3
| | Paul Simon 11. Proof.mp3
| |
| \---CD 02
| Paul Simon 01. Coast.mp3
| Paul Simon 02. Graceland.mp3
| Paul Simon 03. You Can Call Me Al.mp3
| Paul Simon 04. Still Crazy After All These Years.mp3
| Paul Simon 05. Loves Me Like a Rock.mp3
| Paul Simon 06. Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes.mp3
| Paul Simon 07. Hearts and Bones.mp3
| Paul Simon 08. Late in the Evening.mp3
| Paul Simon 09. America.mp3
| Paul Simon 10. Boxer.mp3
| Paul Simon 11. Cecilia.mp3
| Paul Simon 12. Sound of Silence.mp3

All files are properly tagged with track numbers 01, 02, 03 etc. and CD numbers 01 and 02.

When I click through the Library via "Artist" -> "Paul Simon" -> "Concert in the Park" I get a track listing as follows:

Coast [NOTE: from CD 02]
Obvious Child [NOTE: from CD 01]
Boy in the Bubble [NOTE: from CD 01]
Graceland [NOTE: from CD 02]
She Moves On [NOTE: from CD 01]
You Can Call Me Al [NOTE: from CD 02]
Kodachrome [NOTE: from CD 01]
[etc.]

The files are not only displayd in this wrong order in the library view but also added in the same way to the play list.

2. Another problem arises with albums with the same title (which often happens in the area of classical music, i.e. if you have several different recordings of the same opus, let's say, Henry Purcell's "Dido and Aneas"). If you click through the Library via "Composer" -> "Henry Purcell" -> "Dido and Aeneas" you end up with all files from different recordings mixed with each other, irrespective of tags and folder structure.

Instead, if you click via "Album" -> "Dido and Aeneas" you end up (correctly) with several listings, dependig on the respective album artists.

3. A third problem, also mainly arising in the area of classical music where one has typically different combinations of artists (but the same can appear in the area of pop and rock), e.g. (separated by semicolons):

Album #1: "Philharmonia Orchestra; Warwick Braithwaite"
Album #2: "Philharmonia Orchestra; Ambrosian Opera Chorus; Giuseppe Sinopoli
Album #3: "Mermaid Singers and Orchestra; Giuseppe Sinopoli"
Album #4: "Philharmonia Orchestra; Warwick Braithwaite"

As Album #1 and Album #4 have absolutely identical entries, the Album Artist structure in the Library looks as follows:

Mermaid Singers and Orchestra; Giuseppe Sinopoli
Philharmonia Orchestra; Ambrosian Opera Chorus; Giuseppe Sinopoli
Philharmonia Orchestra; Warwick Braithwaite

However, it would be preferrable, if all entries separated by semicolons would get their own library listings, e.g.:

Ambrosian Opera Chorus
Giuseppe Sinopoli
Mermaid Singers and Orchestra
Philharmonia Orchestra
Warwick Braithwaite

Any chance you can adjust the MPD configuration accordingly?
tixs

Postby heinklem » 12 Jan 2019, 14:41

Hi people

I think it's another question like that but i have some trouble and i can't find an answer.

I have the raspberry Pi3 b+ (Ethenet connetion) and i've mount this img of RuneAudi = 20180903_runeaudio_rpib2.img.gz
In a topic (RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models), one of your team said that (janui » 15 Sep 2018, 12:14) =

B2: 20180903_runeaudio_rpib2.img.gz for the Pi 2B, 3B and 3B+ (2,400+ downloads)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j0hyipgdd ... mg.gz/file

So i have try this and when i turn on my Rspi 3b+ with a sd card (64 go format in Fat32) with this img mount in, RuneAudio start but stop on "Starting..." and nothing happens.

Can YOU HELP ME PLEASE ?

My other way is "Volumio" but... just want RuneAudio ^^

Thanks and sory for my English, i'm from France.
heinklem

Postby jlynton » 12 Jan 2019, 17:20

heinklem wrote:
Can YOU HELP ME PLEASE ?

When you start the pi with runeaudio for the first time, you must wait for 6 minutes before trying to access the web interface. Did you do that?

I agree completely about volumio!
jlynton

Postby heinklem » 12 Jan 2019, 19:39

Thanks jlynton

I try it tomorrow and i will come back to tell you if it's good ;-)
heinklem

Postby Colin » 12 Jan 2019, 20:34

heinklem wrote:So i have try this and when i turn on my Rspi 3b+ with a sd card (64 go format in Fat32) with this img mount in, RuneAudio start but stop on "Starting..." and nothing happens.

Hi,
By default the local screen is not used. You'll have to connect your Pi to ethernet network, browse to it using your computer (usually http://runeaudio.local), and go enable Local Browser in settings (and wifi in Network also if you prefer that), before the local screen gets enabled.
Colin

Postby heinklem » 13 Jan 2019, 10:03

Ok Colin you rock my morning dude, it work
Many thanks !!!!!!!!

It's not very easy when you didn't find information in your langage you know.
I anderstand English but i'm limited to.

Have nice day peoples !
heinklem

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi