I’m a Newbie to RaspberryPi, but having read a bunch of online faqs, I think I’m ready to try to build a RaspberryPi music server.
RaspberryPi music server requirements:
1. Inputs: ALAC library on USB flash drive or external USD SSD Drive
2. Outputs: SPDIF on Coax or Toslinq
3. Control: Ipad
draft architecture :
1. Main board: RaspberryPi 3-B+
2. AudioOutput: HiFi Berry Digi+ Pro
3. Software: RuneAudio
Questions for those who have done a RaspberryPi audio server before:
1. Is the RuneAudioPlayer compatible with the RaspberryPi 3-B+?
2. If not, is there another headless RaspberryPi audioplayer I should use?
3. Is there a better RaspberryPi version to use for this than the 3-B+?
4. Do I need an OS to run Runeaudio on top of?
5. Is there any advantage to buying a 400GB Sdxc card and storing my music library on the same card as the OS?
6. What else can go wrong with my plan?
7. Is there a better way to build a low cost (<$100) RaspberryPi music server that meets my requirements.
Thanks all for your help and advice!
safervpn black friday