Raspberry Pi portable server

Raspberry Pi related support

Raspberry Pi portable server

Postby Power Bottle » 03 Jun 2016, 15:06

Hi,
Thinking of making a portable music player. The idea with this, is that I'll have the raspberry Pi (2) with its own LAN network that I'll be able to connect to and control through my android (4.4) phone. I'll be using a FiiO Q1 USB DAC, a 32GB flash drive (I'll get a bigger one if I ever need it), and whatever Wi-Fi adapter I need. What I'm asking for here, are the questions:

How could I make a network on the raspberry Pi that I could connect to on my phone and use to control the runeaudio installed on it? Because I can't use too much data- I never have much- and there isn't usually Wi-Fi out and about.

Will a USB DAC take installation to work on the raspberry Pi? If so, How do I do it?

What package will I need to install on the raspberry Pi? (e.g. runeaudio UI, or anything else instead?)

If there are any guides on things I've already asked for and somehow I've missed them, please send me links, otherwise, thanks in advance.
Power Bottle

Re: Raspberry Pi portable server

Postby hondagx35 » 04 Jun 2016, 09:48

Hi

What package will I need to install on the raspberry Pi? (e.g. runeaudio UI, or anything else instead?)

RuneAudio can't be installed by packages, it is only available as downloadable image (see documentation).

Will a USB DAC take installation to work on the raspberry Pi? If so, How do I do it?

No, nearly all USB DACs (Audio Class 2.0 compliant) should work out of the box.

How could I make a network on the raspberry Pi that I could connect to on my phone and use to control the runeaudio installed on it?

It is possible to turn your pi into an access point, but this needs some linux knowledge.
Please search the forum for "hostapd" and read this.

This feature is on the roadmap and will come with one of the next releases.

Frank
hondagx35

Re: Raspberry Pi portable server

Postby Power Bottle » 04 Jun 2016, 11:02

RuneAudio can't be installed by packages, it is only available as downloadable image (see documentation).[/qupte]

By package I meant version, I probably should have used the correct terminology- apologies

No, nearly all USB DACs (Audio Class 2.0 compliant) should work out of the box.

That's all good then.

Out of curiosity, is there a schedule for the release of the next version?

Thanks
Power Bottle

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi