Play button not working when outputting to TV (via HDMI)

Raspberry Pi related support

Play button not working when outputting to TV (via HDMI)

Postby runerose » 18 Aug 2015, 15:52

Hello there,

Hoping someone can help me here.

I've just heard about RuneAudio (as well as Volumio) and I've started to give them both a try.

The problem I'm having with RuneAudio is that I cannot seem to get an online radio channel to play (and so far, that's all I've been trying to get to work first, before I move on to other sources). The UI always remains on the "STOP" button, and even if I click on the "PLAY" button, nothing seems to happen...no sound output (to the TV), and no visual change on the UI.

I have tried the often suggested solutiion (to change the MPD output to Analog, and then switch it back to HDMI) but that does not seem to work at all.

With Volumio though, I do not have this problem. I stick my SD card into the PI, boot up, and "boom!", I'm able to play (and listen to) almost all of the listed online radio channels...without even having to change the MPD output (to HDMI). It just works....straight out of the box, so to speak!

Of course, I do have a problem with Volumio as well...and that is that on boot up I see a message that says something about a volumne being corrpupted (and not beind mounted, and that I need to run FSCK)...and then when the OS is ready (and I've logged in - via keyboard and TV output), I get other messages that mention something about the disk. Also after 15 to 20 minutes, everything stops and I have to reboot.

So...I'm having (different) issues with both distro's and therefore I cannot seem to proceed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
runerose

Re: Play button not working when outputting to TV (via HDMI)

Postby hondagx35 » 18 Aug 2015, 17:18

Hi runerose,

welcome to the world of RuneAudio.

There are many things that can happen.

- did you add your own station or did you select one from dirble?
- please post the debugdata, so we can see if something is wrong with your configuration.

HOW TO COLLECT AND POST DEBUG INFO
  1. In the RuneUI, go to MENU > Debug;
  2. Click the "COPY DATA TO CLIPBOARD" button;
  3. Go to http://pastebin.com and paste the debug output in the "New Paste" textarea. Leave the default options (Syntax Highlighting: None, Paste Expiration: Never, Paste Exposure: Public), give a name to il (e.g. RuneAudio debug info) and submit.
  4. Copy the url of the submitted Pastebin (e.g. http://pastebin.com/dL1k9irT) and include it in your post here in the forum.

Frank
hondagx35

Re: Play button not working when outputting to TV (via HDMI)

Postby runerose » 18 Aug 2015, 18:35

Thank you Sir!

Well, I did add my own station....didn't know that I could select one in RuneAudio (from Dirble)...I guess that's either not intuitive enough (as in Volumio)...or I'm just plain dumb! I shall try selecting one from Dirble and will let you know my results.

I wouldn't have known how to collect the debug info as well...so thatnk for providing those instructions as well.

Stay tuned for results.

Cheers
runerose

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi