no drives shown

Raspberry Pi related support

no drives shown

Postby tsawyer » 18 Oct 2022, 00:50

is there a way to force a library to rebuild? I can not see anything on the usb or nas. both options show as blank, generic settings -> library message. I have forgotten, bounced and tried again, same result. so if the existing database is full/corrupted/having an issue I'd like for force it to start reading again as new. if there's another option, I'm fine trying that out. my end goal is to get back to where I was, playing music in different parts of the house
tsawyer

Re: no drives shown

Postby eea123 » 23 Oct 2022, 19:39

What version are you running. I had to bail on v0.4 due some changes on my QNAP NAS.
eea123

Postby tsawyer » 25 Oct 2022, 00:01

I'm running v20220904, 5.15.65-1 • aarch64 on a pi 3b+ rev 1.3. when you said v0.4, I thought that was the old version of rune. I'm using the newer version and did not have problems until a few months ago. I'm hoping I can get it worked out soon. I miss the point where I could use my entire collection from different locations esp since some of my cds were lost in the move. the nas I'm using is just a pi running samba hooked up to a 1 tb drive. nothing fancy, fine for my use of this. I can connect from a win10 box that controls mp3s so I don't think the share is my issue. as of now, some rune boxes do not even show the share, older rune will show the share but the window where you select something is completely blank
tsawyer

Postby eea123 » 27 Oct 2022, 11:09

tsawyer wrote:I'm running v20220904, 5.15.65-1 • aarch64 on a pi 3b+ rev 1.3. when you said v0.4, I thought that was the old version of rune. I'm using the newer version and did not have problems until a few months ago. I'm hoping I can get it worked out soon. I miss the point where I could use my entire collection from different locations esp since some of my cds were lost in the move. the nas I'm using is just a pi running samba hooked up to a 1 tb drive. nothing fancy, fine for my use of this. I can connect from a win10 box that controls mp3s so I don't think the share is my issue. as of now, some rune boxes do not even show the share, older rune will show the share but the window where you select something is completely blank

Yes, I had been running version 0.4 for the last four years. Something happened around the same time yourself and I could not get the NAS share to show up. Rune was still able to stream, so most of the household wasn't up in arms with not having any music. I'm running rAudio now. I like most everything about it, but will offer it seems slower with the NAS. I'm running it on PI-2B, so the processor isn't the latest. On the upside, streaming from JazzRadio.com now displays album art and when I add albums to play from the NAS it remembers the position of the last pick instead of reverting back to the top of the directory.

Another sort of bummer is that the rAudio Android app won't run on our old tablet which would support Rune's. I can use my S10+ phone, which to be honest I used 99% of the time with Rune.
eea123

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi