Hello, have you links to Raspyfi ?

General discussion about RuneAudio. Do not post any support or feature requests here.

Hello, have you links to Raspyfi ?

Postby Toin » 06 Dec 2013, 12:53

First hello team, I'm glad more people have interests in development on tiny computer for hifi !
I was googling for a device that could play 1080p videos and transfer the audio to an usb dac, my main concern still focusing on an hifi digital player.
I'm following progress on the Raspyfi project, and the intentions of the creator to make it cross-platform.
He make a WebUI that looks close to yours, and seems to be italian too, share the same goals, so I wondered if you may have any link with him ?
I'm not equiped with hardware now, wondering wich would best match my requirements (video playback + bit perfect audio), so I can't help you test your system now.
Good luck with your project, Antoine.
Toin
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 06 Dec 2013, 12:43

Re: Hello, have you links to Raspyfi ?

Postby ACX » 07 Dec 2013, 19:28

Hi Antoine, RaspyFi's web interface looks very close to ours for a simple reason: we made it :) You can see it in the Credits page inside RaspyFi's UI.
Months ago we started to collaborate with RaspyFi founder Michelangelo Guarise, and we developed a web interface with the goal of providing an easy to use and cross-platform tool to control playback and player configuration. RaspyFi's actual web interface is the result of that work.
Our paths diverged due to some issues that could not be handled, so we decided to continue the development under the new RuneAudio project. And here we are!
We are going to release the first beta very soon, so stay tuned and please follow us and spread the word if you like our work.

Ciao!
User avatar
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 02:25
Location: Udine, Italy

Re: Hello, have you links to Raspyfi ?

Postby lollopod » 12 Dec 2013, 10:12

Toin wrote: I was googling for a device that could play 1080p videos and transfer the audio to an usb dac, my main concern still focusing on an hifi digital player.

I'm also interested in getting the device both to play movies and transfer hi-fi music!

What about running XBMC on top of RuneAudio?
lollopod
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Dec 2013, 19:49

Re: Hello, have you links to Raspyfi ?

Postby ACX » 12 Dec 2013, 10:35

lollopod wrote:What about running XBMC on top of RuneAudio?


Well, we already thought about that and we wish we could in the future. I personally have OpenELEC installed on my Raspberry Pi in the living room, and it plays 1080p smoothly. Currently I use two separated systems for Hi-Fi audio and home theatre, but the ideal solution would be a single device doing both things.
User avatar
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 02:25
Location: Udine, Italy

Re: Hello, have you links to Raspyfi ?

Postby nofx » 13 Dec 2013, 13:10

According RPi there are enough distributions speciallized in Audio+Video (Rapbmc,Xbian,Openelec).
Please stay on track. Think you're doing fine without video capabilities.

Kiss - Keep it small and simple
how did the cat get so fat?
User avatar
nofx
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 11 Dec 2013, 19:26
Location: Württemberg

Re: Hello, have you links to Raspyfi ?

Postby foundatron » 14 Dec 2013, 20:30

nofx wrote:According RPi there are enough distributions speciallized in Audio+Video (Rapbmc,Xbian,Openelec).
Please stay on track. Think you're doing fine without video capabilities.

Kiss - Keep it small and simple


Agreed!
foundatron
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 11 Dec 2013, 06:05
Location: Seattle, USA

Re: Hello, have you links to Raspyfi ?

Postby jpbaril » 11 Jan 2014, 06:46

ACX wrote:Our paths diverged due to some issues that could not be handled, so we decided to continue the development under the new RuneAudio project. And here we are!


Hi,
I just received a new Raspberry Pi on which I was planning on installing Raspyfi, but realized it had forked in two projects.
Could you tell me what are the differences between those two projects so I can know which one fits best my needs?

Thank you for your answers and for this project.
jpbaril
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 11 Jan 2014, 06:38

Re: Hello, have you links to Raspyfi ?

Postby ACX » 11 Jan 2014, 14:16

jpbaril wrote:Hi,
I just received a new Raspberry Pi on which I was planning on installing Raspyfi, but realized it had forked in two projects.
Could you tell me what are the differences between those two projects so I can know which one fits best my needs?

Thank you for your answers and for this project.

Hello jpbaril, both projects have almost the same goals, so I'm not going to do comparative advertising here. I can only tell you some facts regarding our project.
Both projects use the same web interface that we developed. We are already working on a complete rework of the UI in terms of usability, performance and stability, so if you mind to be updated on that front you should follow RuneAudio.
We also put a particular attention in sound quality and system optimization, and are proud of the results achieved on the Raspberry Pi. We are going to release the 0.2 beta in days, so I suggest to wait for it and then let your ears judge :)

Ciao
User avatar
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 02:25
Location: Udine, Italy

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal


Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest