If a track's metadata contains the double-quote character (", ASCII decimal 34) it seems to cause problems with displaying content in the library-views.
If an item in the list contains double-quotes, clicking through it either returns a blank list or the top-level 'Network mounts' / 'USB storage' etc. library page. Specific metadata fields that exhibit this behaviour include 'Artist' and 'Album'. The 'Track Name' field doesn't seem to be affected in this way; a track whose name contains double-quotes can be added to the playback queue and played successfully.
(Using David Bowie's "Heroes" as an example - the correct title of the album includes the double-quotes):
- Library > Album > "Heroes" > blank library-page;
- Library > Artists > David Bowie > "Heroes" > blank library-page;
- Library > Network mounts > (my NAS) > David Bowie > _Heroes_ > all tracks list correctly, and can be added to queue and played;
(My NAS's folders are organised hierarchically as Artist / Album / Tracks. FWIW I use iTunes to manage metadata, and it auto-substitutes " with _ in folder-names)
- Library > Artists > "Beans" Hambone-El Morrow > jumps back to top-level library view;
- Library > Artists > David "Honeyboy" Edwards > blank library-page.
This issue seems to affect all versions of RuneAudio. My specific versions are as follows - I'm using them in stock unmodified form, with no add-ons:
- Raspberry Pi Model B: 0.3 beta 20141029 (i.e. the current "official" one);
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B: 0.5 beta (janui-20180903-0)
I'm afraid I've no idea if this is an issue just with RuneAudio, or whether it's a bug in MPD. Has anyone seen this behaviour in other MPD-based music systems?
Thanks in advance,
Peace and friendship,