[DONE] DNLA-UPnP

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

Re: DNLA-UPnP

Postby ACX » 15 Aug 2014, 20:09

ACX wrote:Hi weereew, I've just took a look here:
http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/#controlps
and BubbleUPnP on Android is reported to work fine by the author.

UPDATE: I tested it personally (I installed BubbleUPnP on my Android phone) and it works fine as supposed. It detected the upmpdcli media rendered instantly and played music with no problems (at least until now).
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby weereew » 16 Aug 2014, 00:16

thanks for your test, but what i metioned is not the normal upnp renderer function. the 'audiocast' is an special function for rooted Android phone , it can capture the audio of other music software and cast it to a dlna renderer. by upmpdcli, you can only hear some strange noise when rendering the captured stream from bubbleupnp
weereew

Postby ACX » 18 Aug 2014, 02:33

weereew wrote:thanks for your test, but what i metioned is not the normal upnp renderer function. the 'audiocast' is an special function for rooted Android phone , it can capture the audio of other music software and cast it to a dlna renderer. by upmpdcli, you can only hear some strange noise when rendering the captured stream from bubbleupnp

You are right, I missed that point, sorry. I'm going to dig for a solution to the problem.
In the meanwhile, for everyone who wants to test it, here is the upmpdcli package at the current latest version (0.8.0-1), recompiled and uploaded it on our repo:
https://github.com/RuneAudio/RuneOS/raw ... pkg.tar.xz
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby ACX » 09 Nov 2014, 02:58

UPnP/DLNA have been included in 0.3-beta through upmpdcli.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Re: [DONE] DNLA-UPnP

Postby NWTStuff » 10 Nov 2014, 22:29

Grazie ACX,

Can you confirm that it is fully functioning in the standard 0.3beta image download and that I don't need to update anything ?

Many Thanks in Advance

Looking forward to testing it.

Kevin
NWTStuff

Re: [DONE] DNLA-UPnP

Postby ACX » 10 Nov 2014, 23:21

NWTStuff wrote:Can you confirm that it is fully functioning in the standard 0.3beta image download and that I don't need to update anything ?

Yes, it is. The updates we distributed via git after the release do not concern this feature.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Previous

Return to Feature request