Waveshare 7" LCD (C) 1024x600 Config

Raspberry Pi related support

Waveshare 7" LCD (C) 1024x600 Config

Postby Tom2112 » 28 Nov 2016, 20:40

I know this info can be gather other places, but I just wanted to post this for easy search/reference. Heck, I might need it later, LOL.

To configure your Waveshare 7" LCD (C) 1024x600 with RuneAudio:
1) Open an SSH connection to your RuneAudio box.
Login with username of root and rune as password. You'll need to know its IP address. If you don't know what it is, open up a browser and go to the RuneAudio web interface (http://runeaudio.local) and look under Menu > Network and the address will be displayed there. If your RuneAudio box isn't connected to your home's WiFi network, you may have to connect to the RuneAudio's own WiFi network.

2) change to the /boot directory and make a backup of your config.txt file:
Code: Select all
cd /boot
cp config.txt config.bak

3) Edit the config.txt file:
nano config.txt

4) Arrow down to the bottom of the file. The last section is Overclocking Options. Go up a few lines from there and you'll see a max_usb_current=1 line. Add these lines right after it:
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt 1024 600 60 6 0 0 0

Just to be clear, there should NOT be a # in front of the max_usb_current=1 line. If there is, delete the #.

5) Hit Ctrl-X to exit the editor and hit Y to save your changes and enter to accept the default file name of config.txt.

6) Change to the midori directory and make a backup of the midori config file:
cd /root/.config/midori
cp config config.bak

7) Edit the midori config file:
nano config

8) It's not a long file, only about 28 lines. You need to change three lines. They will already have values, just change the numbers to match the lines below. The two last-window lines are together about 1/3rd of the way down, and the zoom-level line is about 1/2 way down.

last-window-width=1024
last-window-height=600
zoom-level=0.9

9) Hit Ctrl-X then Y then enter to save your changes.

10) Reboot your Raspberry Pi:
sudo reboot

That's it. Enjoy your touchscreen display!

As a side note, you can alter the zoom-level number to suit your taste. Some may like 1.0, but that seemed a bit cramped to me. I like 0.9. I bet Frank could tell us the exact number to use to make it perfect... ;)
Tom2112

Re: Waveshare 7" LCD (C) 1024x600 Config

Postby Audiovista » 27 Oct 2017, 19:46

Hello,
Good call for this post.
I'm new to Pi-World and pants at code so nothing is obvious.
Using Raspberry Pi 3 running RuneAudio_rpi_0.3-beta_20141029_2GB.img
Into a HiFace JKDAC

I just bought a Waveshare 3.5" LCD and am trying to get it working with Rune.
No instructions came with the unit.
Google it!!!
https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/3.5inch_RPi_LCD_(B)
The Waveshare website shows how to install the LCD-show-170703.tar.gz driver for the Raspbian OS (I think) so the commands don't work verbatim.
So I jiggle some syntax and finally get some action.

I get the Login screen on the 3.5" LCD. So I connect a keyboard and type in the Login and Password.
Now I have the Terminal View (command line) inside Rune but not the Browser View which was what would be useful in a player....

Any help would be great.

I did read your approach but when I saw HDMI I knew the code would be different.

Does your screen show the Player View?

Now the process has stopped me logging back into the Player on the Web Browser :lol: Reinstall

Best,
Waz
Audiovista

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi