[Addon] RuneUI Enhancement

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: [Addon] RuneUI Enhancement

Postby rern » 13 May 2019, 07:48

Update 20190513

- NewFeature - Save coverart button - Directly save coverarts fetched from online
- Fix bug - Names contain certain words, Connected/Escape/OK/Connection/Date, disappear from Playback page
- Correct orientation of coverarts taken directly with phone camera
- Convert webradios data directly from file - no import needed anymore

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby R101 » 13 May 2019, 10:29

dynobot wrote:
R101 wrote:Hi dynobot,

Just a couple of suggestions, as I only have a Pi3B.

Have you disabled the Bluetooth, which can sometimes interfere with wifi, and are you using a dual-band router with both bands having the same SSID? It might be that after reboot the Pi looks for the 5GHz channel first, and has a problem with it.

@R101

Hi, good suggestion. I have all the models of the RPi, this is consistent on all of them + it only happens 'after' the Addons installed. For example when I reboot in any other situation the wifi works without an issue. Bluetooth enabled or not, connected to 5G or not its never a problem until after I install the Addons and reboot. Even after I use the command which is supposed to save the connection info, I still lose the wifi. The hardware works as it sees the wifi signals 'but' it will never connect....seems like the write permissions are gone because it deletes the saved connection information and does not permit new connection information to be saved afterward.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I don't see why the installing the addon menu would erase the network settings, but if I can find a spare SD card, I will try it myself. Do you have the same problem with 0.4b?
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby rern » 13 May 2019, 10:30

dynobot wrote:... Even after I use the command which is supposed to save the connection info, I still lose the wifi. The hardware works as it sees the wifi signals 'but' it will never connect....seems like the write permissions are gone because it deletes the saved connection information and does not permit new connection information to be saved afterward.

Try:

Available WiFi:
Code: Select all
redis-cli get wlans | tr -d '\\"' | sed 's/,/\n/g' | grep ESSID

Saved WiFi:
redis-cli get stored_profiles | tr -d '\\"[]' | sed 's/,/\n/g'

Connect to WiFi: (ESSID = WiFi name)
netctl-auto switch-to ESSID

By the way, did this happen after install Addons or RuneUI Enhancement?

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby dynobot » 13 May 2019, 15:14

rern wrote:
dynobot wrote:... Even after I use the command which is supposed to save the connection info, I still lose the wifi. The hardware works as it sees the wifi signals 'but' it will never connect....seems like the write permissions are gone because it deletes the saved connection information and does not permit new connection information to be saved afterward.

Try:

Available WiFi:
redis-cli get wlans | tr -d '\\"' | sed 's/,/\n/g' | grep ESSID

Saved WiFi:
redis-cli get stored_profiles | tr -d '\\"[]' | sed 's/,/\n/g'

Connect to WiFi: (ESSID = WiFi name)
netctl-auto switch-to ESSID

By the way, did this happen after install Addons or RuneUI Enhancement?

rern

Hi rern

I will try that when I get home.

The issue occurs after I install the RuneUI enhancement - this is what actually changes the look of Rune.

When I install the Addons I see it in the menu, I select it which takes me to a list of potential addons to be installed. Once i install the enhancement and my GUI changes, wifi is gone after I reboot.

Don't know if thats clear but I can take some screen shots to hopefully explain things better.

Thanks
D
dynobot

Postby R101 » 13 May 2019, 17:07

Hi dynobot,

I installed 0.5 on a Pi2, did a gitpull, set the time and wifi setup (DHCP), blacklisted the drivers which stop the Edimax wifi dongle working, and rebooted. All OK. I also deleted the dummy test file in netctl.

I have a Pi touchscreen on this, so I made a few changes to the setup and rebooted again. Reconnected OK.

I then installed Addons from the dev page, and rebooted OK.

I expanded the SD card and then installed UIe. I lost a few settings and there seem to be several other problems, but wifi reconnected OK.
R101

Postby dynobot » 13 May 2019, 19:32

I installed 0.5 on a Pi2, did a gitpull, set the time and wifi setup (DHCP), blacklisted the drivers which stop the Edimax wifi dongle working, and rebooted. All OK. I also deleted the dummy test file in netctl.

I have a Pi touchscreen on this, so I made a few changes to the setup and rebooted again. Reconnected OK.

I expanded the SD card and then installed UIe. I lost a few settings and there seem to be several other problems, but wifi reconnected OK.

Hi R101

Thanks for your post.

Like you, when I update an existing install everything is fine. Its only when I do a 'fresh' install that I get this problem.

For example I have 3 Rpi's with existing installs that update just fine.

It was not until I attempted to do a 'new' install, which was after an update in the Addons/UI Enhancement that I started having this problem.

At this point I think I have attempted to flash new cards [brand new cards] maybe 20+ times with no luck. Always the exact same wifi issue.

If you are feeling bold, try erasing your SD card then flashing a new 0.5b of Rune, then after that install the Addons and UI Enhancement.
dynobot

Postby dynobot » 13 May 2019, 19:42

Hi R101

Thanks for your post.

Like you, when I update an existing install everything is fine. Its only when I do a 'fresh' install that I get this problem.

For example I have 3 Rpi's with existing installs that update just fine.

It was not until I attempted to do a 'new' install, which was after an update in the Addons/UI Enhancement that I started having this problem.

At this point I think I have attempted to flash new cards [brand new cards] maybe 20+ times with no luck. Always the exact same wifi issue.

If you are feeling bold, try erasing your SD card then flashing a new 0.5b of Rune, then after that install the Addons and UI Enhancement.
dynobot

Postby R101 » 13 May 2019, 21:25

dynobot wrote:

That's what I did. Downloaded the latest 0.5 image and wrote it to the card. Is there anything I did that you didn't? Like set the timezone, or expand the partition, or delete the test file?
R101

Postby dynobot » 13 May 2019, 22:28

@R101

Thank you thats all I needed to know. So for some reason, I am having persistent issues on my end.

Nope I didn't do anything special.

Wrote image to card
Boot up image w/Initial connection via Ethernet
Use GUI to Connect to wifi
Install Addons
Install UI Enhancement
Reboot and unplug Ethernet
System boots with no wifi
Connect Ethernet works
Wifi will not work or connect
Done.

Thank you again for your time and trying this out.
dynobot

Postby klassikmann » 14 May 2019, 08:27

Issues Update 20190513

I face severe problems after the update.
  • Some playlists (= directories) appear in the playback window as "mnt" instead of album title and "MPD" instead of track title, nothing more even no coverart.
  • Some playlists (= directories) present the audio file name instead of the track title.
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi