git pull update problem Pi B+

Raspberry Pi related support

git pull update problem Pi B+

Postby M.B. » 05 Jul 2017, 11:44

Hello everybody,

a few days i needed to set up my Rapsberry Pi B+ with runeaudio - actually it´s runnig BUT...

1.) I have the 0.3-beta Firmware
2.) I have a HifeBery DAC+ standard card and the old kernel doesn`t detect this card - solved with this forum
2a.) When i boot up the Rapsberry connected on a TV i read three or four times "Failure" instead of "OK" => can i see the Bootup protocol anywhere? Runeaudio is working properly with the failure on start up...
3.) I tried to set a Static IP - Problem was the Pi was not reachable - i read a thread about an IP Issue in the old firmeware... actually i am using dhcp with mac fixing
3a.) i tried a patch from this forum but it doesn`t work
4.) RuneAudio APP doesn`t find my device => also thread from this forum but i get this Failure from the web UI
4.a see my screenshot... ideas?

Regards Magnus
Attachments
Screenshot_20170705-120835.png
Screenshot_20170705-120835.png (106.57 KiB) Viewed 2048 times
M.B.

Re: git pull update problem Pi B+

Postby janui » 05 Jul 2017, 15:03

Had the same problem, try this from SSH:
Code: Select all
cd /var/www
# the next line generates an error most of the time, no problem
rm command/mpd-watchdog
# first try without the following two lines,
# use them if the git stash or git pull commands fail
#git config user.email "you @ example . com"
#git config user.name "root"
git stash
git pull

Janui
janui

Postby M.B. » 05 Jul 2017, 18:23

Hi Janui - thanks for reply but it doesn't work...

when i type in git stash i get

warning: CRLF will be replaced by LF in app/libs/composer.json.
The file will have its original line endings in your working directory.
warning: CRLF will be replaced by LF in app/libs/composer.json.
The file will have its original line endings in your working directory.
Saved working directory and index state WIP on master: 3f83e47 added default files for libao and shairport
HEAD is now at 3f83e47 added default files for libao and shairport

Developer Mode is on correct?

Regards
M.B.

Postby janui » 05 Jul 2017, 20:32

I got a similar message from git stash, but the git pull worked fine after.
What did the git pull do?

If all else fails see this post raspberry-pi-zero-support-in-0-4-t3711-70.html#p20577, I use this image om my B+.

Janui
janui

Postby M.B. » 07 Jul 2017, 12:39

Hi Janui,

installing the software again...? :-( the third time oh noo...

here is my debug information if somebody wants to look at...

https://pastebin.com/ELqRHKvH

Rune audio is working with y loxone smart home system but i cannot install updates and i connot acees with the app.,,, what a mess.

Ragrds
M.B.

Postby janui » 07 Jul 2017, 14:31

Hi M.B.
I looked at your pastebin. You have upgraded the kernel to "4.9.35-1-ARCH", I also did this during the last week in order to try to install AP-support. This version of Linux will not work with Rune, the functions for WiFi detection are broken. I spent some time upgrading other modules to try to get it to work, no success. The highest version that I know which works is "4.9.17-1-ARCH". You can get a image here: raspberry-pi-zero-support-in-0-4-t3711-70.html#p20577. I think I was just lucky when building this version, the compatible modules were coincidently available at the right time, all the Rune functions seem to work OK. The image was built just to get somthing working for the Zero, again coincidentally, it works fine on the B+. During the build I did a git pull for Rune, but remember that its not an official version so future git pull updates for Rune are also questionable. Try it without upgrading.

Janui
janui

Postby hondagx35 » 07 Jul 2017, 21:31

Hi all,

upgraded the kernel to "4.9.35-1-ARCH", I also did this during the last week in order to try to install AP-support. This version of Linux will not work with Rune, the functions for WiFi detection are broken.

I think the problem is platform detection, "getHwPlatform" does not work anymore with kernels > 4.9.30 see https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/705

I am working on a fix see here.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby janui » 10 Jul 2017, 14:03

Thanks Frank,

I have spent a few days reading the background information concerning the concequenties of this kernel change and trying various work arounds. Finished up with a couple of interseting semi-working but unstable images. Please publish the information when you think you have a complete solution in the nightly build. I will then do some testing.

@M.B. Just a little extra information for you. I have tried updating the unnoffical Zero image (this image: raspberry-pi-zero-support-in-0-4-t3711-70.html#p20577) with the latest nightly build on a B+ (see instructions here: http://www.runeaudio.com/documentation/ ... /updating/). This seems to work fine, but my testing was not extensive. By doing this you would get back onto the standard distribution track, but then with the advantages of a much more recent kernel. As Frank pointed out above, kernel updates are not possible at the the moment due to the new way that the hardware is determined. Please note that after performing this update on the B+ the resulting image will no longer work on a Zero. Updating to the nightly build with the unnofficial Zero image on a Pi Zero does not work.

Janui
Edited 13-07-2017 to improve readability
Last edited by janui on 13 Jul 2017, 20:43, edited 4 times in total.
janui

Postby M.B. » 13 Jul 2017, 15:27

Hi Frank & Janui,

sorry beeing so late but having so much trouble in the office. Thank you for your quick replay and i hope you will fix it in the future.

@janui - don't understand what do you mean? a.) cannot find the unofficical Zero Image - where can i download it? b.) acutal i am also having trouble with my Wifi @ home on Android 6 because i have a lot of wifi drops - so enough to do.
b.) "By doing this you would get back onto the standard distribution track, but then with the advantages of a much more recent kernel. Please note that after performing this update on the B+ the image is broken for the Zero, and performing the update on a Zero breaks just about everything."

So yo mean my P i B+ could be destroyed if i update it to the zero package? Or can i make an image with windows or anything else to secure my acutal setting?I Know easier would be to buy a new micro sd card.

Regards
M.B.

Postby janui » 13 Jul 2017, 20:39

Hi M.B.,

Your B+ is safe, it will not be destroyed if you use the unofficial zero image or update it to the nightly builds. I have edited my post above, hopefully it is now more understandable.

Janui
janui

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Next

Return to Raspberry Pi