adding folders by ftp

Raspberry Pi related support

adding folders by ftp

Postby tsawyer » 06 Sep 2017, 17:16

is it an option to ftp to the device? I thought I could ftp then connect to the usb drive but I just tried to a little while ago. it seems like something went wrong and not only did I lose the usb connection to the pi, when I put the drive into a windows machine I was asked to scan it for errors. it's not major to me if I have to unplug it, when I so more major updates to the drive I'm better off using windows for syncing my collection. just wanted to know if I could do it for a quick update
tsawyer

Re: adding folders by ftp

Postby hondagx35 » 06 Sep 2017, 18:08

Hi tsawyer,

you can use SFTP to transfer files to your Pi and the connected storage devices.

- Use sftp to access files on Rune Audio:
Get WinSCP from here and install it.
When it opens setup the following:
- Session
File Protocol: SCP
Host name: The IP address of you Raspberry Pi
User name: root
Password: rune

That's it, connect and you can transfer files just by dragging and dropping.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby tsawyer » 07 Sep 2017, 00:06

please let me say I'm not trying to be a @#$#@$^% but I want to make sure I'm not screwing up. I actually was using winscd and I've used it in the past for something else on rune. do I need to use scp protocol? other than that, I was connected to the box. I had problems getting to the usb drive where the files were stored.

additionally, things really seemed squirrelly on it until I did an update and bounced it. I wasn't getting any sound even after switching to analog port then back to hdmi. none of this is tragic to me but I definitely had issues getting to /dev/sda1 to move the music
tsawyer

Postby hondagx35 » 07 Sep 2017, 18:06

Hi,

things really seemed squirrelly on it until I did an update and bounced it

What update?

In most cases the USB storage gets mounted as read only, so you can not copy/delete files.
http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/help-with-remote-hard-drive-access-t4309.html#p19084

Frank
hondagx35

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi