WEB Radio

Please report any bug found here

Re: WEB Radio

Postby ACX » 04 Dec 2014, 16:10

The issue should have been permanently fixed with this commit:
https://github.com/RuneAudio/RuneUI/com ... caac3e9614
As you see, it was a stupid parsing bug as expected.

Update following the usual instructions:
how-to-update-the-runeui-via-git-t547.html
You'll also need to restart the rune_PL_wrk worker (button in the /dev/ page or "systemctl restart rune_PL_wrk" from cli).
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Bjarne » 07 Dec 2014, 18:25

Solved :lol:

If I play a song from my Hdd this will show:
GaryMore.PNG
Album title and song title separated in two lines.
GaryMore.PNG (6.97 KiB) Viewed 1449 times

From WebRadio this:
WebRadio.PNG
Album title and song title at same line
WebRadio.PNG (9.98 KiB) Viewed 1449 times

Could it be possible to separate the album title from song title when playing WebRadio ?

/Bjarne
Bjarne

Re: R: WEB Radio

Postby ACX » 07 Dec 2014, 22:02

@Bjarne: that depends entirely on what the radio station puts in the title tag. If you try other stations from Dirble you'll see that they display artist and title correctly.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Bjarne » 08 Dec 2014, 21:15

Ok, thanks :)
Bjarne

Postby Bjarne » 13 Dec 2014, 14:50

ACX wrote:The issue should have been permanently fixed with this commit:
https://github.com/RuneAudio/RuneUI/com ... caac3e9614
As you see, it was a stupid parsing bug as expected.

Hi

I vent to the Github and saw this code:
@@ -772,7 +772,7 @@ function _parseFileListResponse($resp)
$browseMode = TRUE;
while ($plistLine) {
// list ( $element, $value ) = explode(": ",$plistLine);
- if (!strpos($plistLine,'@eaDir')) list ($element, $value) = explode(': ', $plistLine);
+ if (!strpos($plistLine,'@eaDir')) list ($element, $value) = explode(': ', $plistLine, 2);
if ($element === 'file' OR $element === 'playlist') {
$plCounter++;
$browseMode = FALSE;
@@ -817,7 +817,7 @@ function _parseStatusResponse($resp)
$plistFile = "";
$plCounter = -1;
while ($plistLine) {
- list ($element, $value) = explode(": ", $plistLine);
+ list ($element, $value) = explode(": ", $plistLine, 2);
$plistArray[$element] = $value;
$plistLine = strtok("\n");
}

I asume that "-" lines is the wrong line and "+" lines is the good ones?

I would like to add in, if there is a "|", in the "plistLine", the text after should go to line 3.
eg:
"Senest spillet: When I Fall In Love | Jackie McLean Quartet"
Will show in RuneAudion display as
"Senest spillet: When I Fall In Love"
"Jackie McLean Quartet"

I'm not a linux programmer, but would like to learn :D

Thanks in advance

Bjarne
Bjarne

Postby AndreR » 13 Dec 2014, 17:34

Hi Bjarne,
while I understand the fact that you are unhappy to see the title and author on the same line, divided by the '|' character (and it does look ugly, I agree :)) , my feeling is this is completely up to the web radio station to send feeds in a more readable format.

My understanding is that the split on the ':' character was introduced to circumvent a parsing issue RA had between the backend and frontend whereby any string (Title, Artist, CDTitle) passed to the UI which resulted in truncating any sub-string following the ':' character.

My vote is that introducing new rules on how the strings are parsed and shown in the UI would overcomplicate the whole thing and also introduce a case for other users to be unhappy with the solution or to ask for additional delimiters to be used, which would make the thing unmanageable.

Maybe it would be easier and safer to provide your feedback to the web radio station, telling that using the '|' character to separate between the title track and the artist does not look good - maybe using a simple char like '-' would be visually more enticing.

This is - of couse - my own view - I'll let the RA devs to comment on the issue.

Thanks.
AndreR

Postby Bjarne » 13 Dec 2014, 18:27

AndreR wrote:Hi Bjarne,
while I understand the fact that you are unhappy to see the title and author on the same line, divided by the '|' character (and it does look ugly, I agree :)) , my feeling is this is completely up to the web radio station to send feeds in a more readable format.

My understanding is that the split on the ':' character was introduced to circumvent a parsing issue RA had between the backend and frontend whereby any string (Title, Artist, CDTitle) passed to the UI which resulted in truncating any sub-string following the ':' character.

My vote is that introducing new rules on how the strings are parsed and shown in the UI would overcomplicate the whole thing and also introduce a case for other users to be unhappy with the solution or to ask for additional delimiters to be used, which would make the thing unmanageable.

Maybe it would be easier and safer to provide your feedback to the web radio station, telling that using the '|' character to separate between the title track and the artist does not look good - maybe using a simple char like '-' would be visually more enticing.

This is - of couse - my own view - I'll let the RA devs to comment on the issue.

Thanks.

I can follow your concern about other users, but I just wanted some help to do it my way. I didn't think it should be published.

I think it's a little upstream to get the radio station to change it. ;)
How does the string from a Flac file look like. I can see the title is devided in Artist, track and Album name.

/Bjarne
Bjarne

Postby Bjarne » 18 Dec 2014, 18:03

Bjarne wrote:
AndreR wrote:Hi Bjarne,

Thanks.

I can follow your concern about other users, but I just wanted some help to do it my way. I didn't think it should be published.

I think it's a little upstream to get the radio station to change it. ;)
How does the string from a Flac file look like. I can see the title is devided in Artist, track and Album name.

/Bjarne

Hi

Anyone who would like help or giude me to a soultion, please :)

Thanks in advance
Bjarne
Bjarne

Postby ACX » 18 Dec 2014, 23:35

@Bjarne: do you want to change that behaviour only for a specific web radio or this happens with many of them?
In the first case you could edit the code introduce a dirty but working piece of code that will check the match and output a custom text when that specific radio is played...
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Previous

Return to Bug report