Customizing UI the amateur way

Build/modify/repair equipment and improve systems performance by yourself

Customizing UI the amateur way

Postby DannyB » 03 Apr 2020, 19:06

Hello. 3 weeks ago I got a Pi4b and some other bits and bobs. 5" capacitive touch screen 800x480 res, some cables, some prototype boards....You know it, you get a new toy, you buy a lot of accesories :) With which you have no idea ho to use.
I am a complete novice in all this programming, and learning as I go.
I have tried plenty OS distros to build myself a nice Hi-res transport, which will feed a naniDigi with 4 DAC's for my JBL based monitors.
So ended with the latest +R e3 distro from RERN. What an awesome guy to do all this work. Finaly got the sound to work too, previous version didnt worked for me.
Then I started to play with the UI. On a very basic level. What I wanted was a HDMI UI which shows only the necessary. i.e. Artist, Song, BITRATE, coverart and elapsed time.
This is what I ended up with.

I repeat, have totaly no idea what im doing here. On a Microsoft surface go the UI looks the same, gonna try it on an android phone, because there the orientation is portrait. Hope it will be ok.

BTW, have a Allo Digione on order as well.
Still looking for suitable linear power supply and/or battery powered. I want to have clean supply of volts to the Rpi.

Danny
DannyB

Re: Customizing UI the amateur way

Postby Reecoupons » Yesterday, 08:29

Ohh. tell me about it, I did the same mistake but i did it on larger scale , so I have an ecommerce platform to sell my electronic items and one day i decided to change its UI OWN my OWN which cost me money which you can not imagine, so in my opinion its best if you hire some professionals to this task like I did (After loosing almost 5k).Now I trust tailor brands to take care of my design problems and one friend told me that they are now offering Tailor Brands coupon code which can also be really help full for you.
Reecoupons

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to DIY and tweaks