portable hard drive

Build/modify/repair equipment and improve systems performance by yourself

portable hard drive

Postby linhom » 12 Apr 2016, 07:34

I can not use the portable hard drive
Attachments
未命名 -1.jpg
USB
未命名 -1.jpg (248.66 KiB) Viewed 1230 times
linhom
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Apr 2016, 07:09

Re: portable hard drive

Postby Velociraptor » 12 Apr 2016, 08:10

maybe it needs too much power check your power supply and the needed mA for the disk
Velociraptor
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 01 Aug 2015, 17:08

Re: portable hard drive

Postby rikardo1979 » 12 Apr 2016, 08:29

What HDD, how is it connected, connected to what device... etc
You should provide much more details if you looking for help.


OP2
>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<
User avatar
rikardo1979
 
Posts: 197
Joined: 10 Apr 2016, 14:34

Re: portable hard drive

Postby linhom » 12 Apr 2016, 11:18

WD HV256T-250G External power supply USB connection Raspberry Pi
Attachments
M03217684_big.jpg
M03217684_big.jpg (21.84 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
linhom
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Apr 2016, 07:09

Re: portable hard drive

Postby rikardo1979 » 12 Apr 2016, 12:15

linhom wrote:WD HV256T-250G External power supply USB connection Raspberry Pi

under what file system is formated?
>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<
User avatar
rikardo1979
 
Posts: 197
Joined: 10 Apr 2016, 14:34

Re: portable hard drive

Postby linhom » 12 Apr 2016, 19:22

rikardo1979 wrote:
linhom wrote:WD HV256T-250G External power supply USB connection Raspberry Pi

under what file system is formated?

I formatted my hard drive ntfs use win7 x64
linhom
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Apr 2016, 07:09

Re: portable hard drive

Postby rikardo1979 » 12 Apr 2016, 19:50

linhom wrote:
rikardo1979 wrote:
linhom wrote:WD HV256T-250G External power supply USB connection Raspberry Pi

under what file system is formated?

I formatted my hard drive ntfs use win7 x64

do you know how to SSH into your RPi and how to use terminal?

If you do what is the output of your lsusb ?
>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<
User avatar
rikardo1979
 
Posts: 197
Joined: 10 Apr 2016, 14:34

Re: portable hard drive

Postby linhom » 13 Apr 2016, 07:01

I am not know well with LINUX, I will try, I can use LAN and flash drives now, thanks for your help
linhom
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Apr 2016, 07:09

Re: portable hard drive

Postby rikardo1979 » 13 Apr 2016, 07:27

linhom wrote:I am not know well with LINUX, I will try, I can use LAN and flash drives now, thanks for your help

you do not need linux for this. You can do it from windows or mac if you like
On win you would need a little utility calledPuTTY which u use for SSH to your devices
Check it out and get familiar with it. Than is only a matter of following some instructions ;)
>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<
User avatar
rikardo1979
 
Posts: 197
Joined: 10 Apr 2016, 14:34

Re: portable hard drive

Postby linhom » 13 Apr 2016, 12:57

rikardo1979 wrote:
linhom wrote:I am not know well with LINUX, I will try, I can use LAN and flash drives now, thanks for your help

you do not need linux for this. You can do it from windows or mac if you like
On win you would need a little utility calledPuTTY which u use for SSH to your devices
Check it out and get familiar with it. Than is only a matter of following some instructions ;)
The first picture is of my flash drive, the second picture is my portable hard drive disc
Attachments
未命名 -1-1.jpg
未命名 -1-1.jpg (227.13 KiB) Viewed 1137 times
Last edited by linhom on 13 Apr 2016, 13:14, edited 3 times in total.
linhom
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Apr 2016, 07:09

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Next

Return to DIY and tweaks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests