Support for: 7″ Touchscreen Monitor for Raspberry Pi

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

Re: Support for: 7″ Touchscreen Monitor for Raspberry Pi

Postby rpt007 » 29 Jan 2017, 20:06

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and very impressed and grateful about the fantastic information I could collect here to get my runeaudio working with a 7" waveshare tft display (with PI3 setup).
Having read through this very long thread from the beginning I could set up (almost) everything in the way I wanted to do.
About 2 "almost's":

1. I could not yet manage to get my display accept a 180 degree rotation
My goal is to have it in 0 degree orientation (currently it is set up with the cables mounted at the right side and I want to have them on the left side -> want to build my own housing with the cables at the left side)
Code used to turn the display to 0 degrees:
Code: Select all
# LCD settings
# 180 degrees
# lcd_rotate=2
# Normal
lcd_rotate=0
#dtoverlay=rpi-backlight
#dtoverlay=rpi-ft5406

Currently it doesn't matter at all if the lcd_rotate is set to 0 or 2. (???)
Also the touch points stay "tuned" - the display is very responsive and at the right (always same) spots.

So my questions to issue Nr. 1:
- do I have to modify something in addition to the line with the "lcd_rotate=0"
- is the orientation of the touch function automatically rotated as well or what has to be modified?

2. Wanted to include a music share on my NAS (Synology) with NFS. Read tons of different tipps and tricks - tried a dozen different adjustments, no success. Then I set SMB up - worked right away.
Just for my personal interest -> does somebody have a step by step instruction for setting up NFS protocol which really works?

Thanks to all contributors - especially to Frank.
Raimund
rpt007

Postby hondagx35 » 29 Jan 2017, 22:10

Hi Raimund,

# LCD settings
# 180 degrees
# lcd_rotate=2
# Normal
lcd_rotate=0
#dtoverlay=rpi-backlight
#dtoverlay=rpi-ft5406

This are the settings for the Raspberry 7" TFT (connected via DSI)

To rotate a display connected by HDMI you have to use:
display_rotate=2

Just for my personal interest -> does somebody have a step by step instruction for setting up NFS protocol which really works?

Non-working NFS shares are most likely the result from permission issues.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby rpt007 » 29 Jan 2017, 23:02

Hi Frank,

thanks for your reply.
The modification now set the screen the way I wanted to have it.
But now the Touch screen is in the same position as before, which means it works in the opposite direction (left is right and up is down).

I googled a bit for that issue. The information which I found looks quite complicated, dealing with xinput etc. -> but will give it a try only tomorrow as it's getting late and my concentration ... and before I screw up everything. Or is there an easy way to get the touch in the right position/orientation? Wouldn't it be a deal having a script which gets along with any display information, reads the enabled orientation of the screen and draws the touch orientation into the adequate position automatically? Or am I on the wrong track?

NFS: yes. I think so, but I am at the end of my patience and test constellations. Will stay with the easier SMB as I don't experience any speed problems (this was what I found why NFS should be better than SMB).

Anyway, thanks a lot; I am still new to all this stuff and thrown back into my old DOS days ;-)
Raimund
rpt007

Postby L4C » 28 Mar 2017, 06:31

Very nice to use the runeaudio on raspberry with display as a stand alone player. The only thing what I missing some screen saver options.
I know currently it has screen saver in playback mode where display the song info this is nice (it would be nice to see the clock on the same screen there is a bunch of space left on the screen).
I'm really missing to see an option to automatically turn off the display where the device in stopped state (idle)
This can be a same timeout like the screen saver in play state. I know the display can be turned off manually but that is requires 3 touch on the screen which is quite uncomfortable.
L4C

Postby tinue » 14 Apr 2017, 09:01

I have turned off the display using the menu entry in the "Turn Off" section. This seems to heave been a permanent thing, though. Reboot, even a power cycle, leaves the screen turned off (not even the backlight comes on). How do I re-enable the screen? I am using the 0.4 beta that was recently published. The screen is the official 7" touchscreen monitor. The Pi is a Model 2. DAC is the Hifiberry Amp+.
Thanks! Martin
tinue

Postby hondagx35 » 14 Apr 2017, 14:55

Hi Martin,

i tried this on my Rasptouch and it works as it should.

- Menu -> Turn off -> DISPLAY OFF = display goes off
- hitting the touch screen = display goes on

- Menu -> Turn off -> DISPLAY OFF = display goes off
- rebooting from a remote browser = reboots with display on

Reboot, even a power cycle, leaves the screen turned off

Power cycle?
Maybe your sd card is corrupt.
Does it boot? Can access your pi via ssh?

Frank
hondagx35

Postby tinue » 14 Apr 2017, 21:14

hondagx35 wrote:Does it boot? Can access your pi via ssh?

Yes, everything works fine except for the display. But now that I know how it is supposed to work I closely examined the hardware one more time. After replacing the USB cable powering the display, and rebooting the Pi it started to work. So it was some hardware fault at the end.

Many thanks for your quick reply!
tinue

Postby Yeti » 24 May 2017, 19:19

I only have "power off" and "reboot" under the "Turn Off" tab,no "display off".What am I missing here?
Yeti

Postby morias » 25 May 2017, 07:59

Yeti wrote:I only have "power off" and "reboot" under the "Turn Off" tab,no "display off".What am I missing here?

You are probably using the wrong version. There is a newer thread started by Frank about version 0.4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
morias

Postby hondagx35 » 25 May 2017, 10:44

Hi Yeti,

- device (RP0, RP1 or RP2/3)?
- software version?

@morias:
This feature is available since April 2016.
https://github.com/RuneAudio/RuneUI/commit/0b712ba20a5a13b6958d828c9b5bc8bfee69cad4

Frank
hondagx35

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Feature request