wimpmusic

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

wimpmusic

Postby rzbe » 10 Feb 2015, 11:11

Hi guys

Thank you for creating RuneAudio, it's just great! It brings me a great sound and it works brilliant.

Do you plan an implementation of wimpmusic (http://wimpmusic.com)? Wimpmusic is probably the best streaming service, because you get the stream in CD-Quality - for me the only option for an "audiophile streaming".

An implementation of wimpmusic would make me very happy – with that I could ban my computer from living room and do everything just with RP and a tablett.

Have a nice day!
Cheers,
Remo
rzbe

Re: wimpmusic

Postby ACX » 10 Feb 2015, 12:47

This is a good candidate together with Qobuz. In the future we'll consider both and see if they are easily integrable.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Aquarius » 10 Feb 2015, 15:29

Wimp seems to have no official API to use their service, while Qobuz has one.
On the other hand, Qobus seems to demand a specific way of showing things to the user (showing recommandations, "My Music", new stuff...) in a manner that may not be easy to integrate into RuneUI. I don't know about equivalent requirements for Wimp.

To see what a usable integration of Qobuz looks like, see the Qobuz add-on for XBMC/Kodi. It works well but is not the prettiest thing on Earth.

From the Kodi forum:
Whatever the Wimp support staff and others said on twitter, it's wrong. They do not have an open api.
The api is closed and for professional business partners only, so I have no idea why they keep telling people publicly they have an api. This and no open source means wimp will never be available in xbmc. Better switch to spotify or rdio if you really want a streaming service in xbmc.
-- Aquarius
Hifi Gear: RuneAudio/Volumio on Raspberry Pi B + Hifibery Digi, Atoll ST200 (network streamer, DAC, pre-amp), Emotiva XPA-2, Bowers & Wilkins 683
Aquarius

Postby tjukkola » 16 Feb 2015, 11:25

Hello. My first post to the forum.

How about Tidal HiFi? Same company as with wimp but I belive that tidal is more widely available.
They say that tidal is available on all systems but not very easily on linux at the moment. I had to install google chrome to get hifi streaming to work. Streaming works on most web browsers but it needs to be chrome to get hifi quality.

Ps. Eagerly waiting for 0.4 release to have rune on my RPi 2
tjukkola

Postby tjukkola » 02 Mar 2015, 21:58

I commented on TIDAL's fb page that it would be great to play TIDAL music on RuneAudio. I found no other means of contatcting them. Let's hope that they reply.
tjukkola

Postby tjukkola » 03 Mar 2015, 22:05

And TIDAL answered. "Hi Tuomas. Thank you for sharing this. We will share it directly to our Partner Team. Best, TIDAL."
I just hope I'm not stepping on any toes here but now folks at TIDAL know that there's this thing called RuneAudio.
tjukkola

Postby ACX » 04 Mar 2015, 01:39

tjukkola wrote:And TIDAL answered. "Hi Tuomas. Thank you for sharing this. We will share it directly to our Partner Team. Best, TIDAL."
I just hope I'm not stepping on any toes here but now folks at TIDAL know that there's this thing called RuneAudio.

Oh, thank you for contacting them! I hope this will lead to something interesting in the future.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Feature request