RuneAudio should be truly rolling release distribution

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

RuneAudio should be truly rolling release distribution

Postby Sami-Perkele » 31 Oct 2014, 22:12

I think there is little point of using Arch Linux as base, if it is not rolling release.

pacman -Qm finds 14 foreign packages. I think there should be a pacman repository for RuneAudio’s own packages. That way, we wouldn’t have to reinstall the OS every time a new version comes out.
Sami-Perkele

Re: RuneAudio should be truly rolling release distribution

Postby ACX » 09 Nov 2014, 02:52

Hi Sami-Perkele,
a RuneAudio repository is in our plans but we haven't found the time to setup it properly yet.
Have you some experience in setting repositories and would you like to give your contribute to that?
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby somidscr21 » 15 Jun 2015, 20:26

If you are still looking for some help with this I may be able to help. Sysadmin by trade, though I mostly deal with RHEL based distros. I have created a repo before for that and could try to work on one for Arch if you'd like.
somidscr21

Postby ACX » 15 Jun 2015, 22:09

somidscr21 wrote:If you are still looking for some help with this I may be able to help. Sysadmin by trade, though I mostly deal with RHEL based distros. I have created a repo before for that and could try to work on one for Arch if you'd like.

A contribution on this front is truly welcome, expecially now that we're focused on the new backend. Please send a PM to Orion and get in contact with him, as he's already working on the new cookbook.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Feature request