RuneAudio+R e6

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e6

Postby GriffinUcos » 18 Dec 2020, 18:02

Hello, All.
Greatly impressed with this excellent audio solution. I have an old Pi B+ running RuneAudio+Re6 and was able to get virtually everything working straight out of the "box".
I intend to buy a DAC and small amplifier, but in the meantime I wanted to cast the audio to my bluetooth tower across the office. I'm using a bluetooth dongle which works fine on a win 10 machine but I am clearly missing something important as the dongle doesn't seem to be detected. I've connected it direct and via a powered hub to no effect.
Perhaps some kind person can tell this old g*** where to look in the documentation so I can set it up?

Kind regards

Griff.
GriffinUcos

Postby Ears of Tin » 18 Dec 2020, 18:35

Perhaps some kind person can tell this old g*** where to look in the documentation so I can set it up?

I haven't found anything in the forum so I'm another old g*** looking for the same advice. No trouble sending to Rune from phone/tablet but despite successfully connecting bluetooth speakers and headphones I can't get any sound out of them.

If it's still a work in progress or above my Arch linux skills I can live without. But if a simple toggle or ssh will activate sending BT the old g***'s of the world would appreciate learning of it.
Ears of Tin

Postby GriffinUcos » 18 Dec 2020, 21:43

Thanks for the moral support EoT, we OGs need to stick together. I looked at some of your other posts which led me to track down /bluetooth main.conf.

Clearly I was over optimistic when I thought BT might be more automated in this version. Having found the conf I'll do some more research and I'll take it from there.

I realise now that I have been "spoilt" on my other Raspi projects.

Take care.
GriffinUcos

Postby ceejayemm » 18 Dec 2020, 23:06

@EarsofTin

To save searching the whole thread can you summarize how you have got Bluetooth audio working or point me to your original posting on this subject please ?

Thanks

Chris
ceejayemm

Postby dryce » 19 Dec 2020, 03:34

Beelzebassie wrote:
amonduulii wrote:REM GENRE Krautrock
REM DATE 1971
REM DISCID 49113A07
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v1.0b1"
PERFORMER "Can"
TITLE "Tago Mago"
FILE "01 - Paperhouse.wav" WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Paperhouse"
PERFORMER "Can"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "02 - Mushroom.wav" WAVE
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Mushroom"
PERFORMER "Can"
FILE "03 - Oh Yeah.wav" WAVE
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "Oh Yeah"
PERFORMER "Can"
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "Halleluhwah"
PERFORMER "Can"
INDEX 00 07:22:15
FILE "04 - Halleluhwah.wav" WAVE
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "Aumgn"
PERFORMER "Can"
INDEX 00 18:30:53
FILE "05 - Aumgn.wav" WAVE
TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "Peking O"
PERFORMER "Can"
INDEX 00 17:29:43
FILE "06 - Peking O.wav" WAVE
TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "Bring Me Coffee or Tea"
PERFORMER "Can"
INDEX 00 11:35:50
FILE "07 - Bring Me Coffee or Tea.wav" WAVE

Replace all the "*.wav" extensions to ".flac" in the CUE-sheet.

I have this issue as well. Most of my CDs were backed up with EAC, which creates the cue file automatically upon rip. I compress to flac, but the cue files still have the wav extensions. I have far too many to edit. Is there a way to tell the software to ignore the cue files? Thanks!
dryce

Postby Ears of Tin » 19 Dec 2020, 06:49

Chris, re Bluetooth:

I've only used it in phone-to-Rune direction. Go to Settings/System and under On-Board Devices turn Bluetooth on and then reboot. After that "Rune" appears as an available device on my phone. I select Rune on the phone and play podcasts. Works as a sink/receiver very reliably for me.

To send, not so good. Go to Settings/Networks and Bluetooth devices should list after Wifi. Make sure your device (headphones in my case) is in pairing mode and then hit the search icon. Select the device from the newly generated list and pairing commences. I get the green okay light next to the listed device and my device indicates that it is paired. But no sound. Played with mixer and dac settings with no luck.
Ears of Tin

A New Release After +R e6

Postby rern » 19 Dec 2020, 08:34

A New Release After +R e6

Released for public beta testers on GitHub

Anyone with an extra micro SD card to spare should give it a try. Actually, for the cost of a new card today, everyone should.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby rern » 19 Dec 2020, 08:40

ray1112 wrote:
rern wrote:
ray1112 wrote:I have Cirrus Logic Audio Card and Raspberry Pi 2.
Version e6 20201201 • RuneAudio
Hardware Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Rev 1.1
Output Device Generic Cirrus Logic WM5102

Q1. How change audio card output (Line out or Headset)? RuneAudio 0.4b have it on MPD page.

Q2. Default mixer is not working (Hardware Volume Control is not working). RuneAudio 0.4b have it working well.
If I change mixer on MPD page to "HPOUT1 Digital" I have error on MPD page:

On RuneAudio 0.4b, post results:
Code: Select all
cat /boot/config.txt
aplay -l
aplay -L
amixer -c 0 scontents
amixer -c 1 scontents
amixer -c 2 scontents

rern

https://pastebin.com/Ss7htuUG

Please try the public beta release.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby rern » 19 Dec 2020, 09:08

Ears of Tin wrote:

I haven't found anything in the forum so I'm another old g*** looking for the same advice. No trouble sending to Rune from phone/tablet but despite successfully connecting bluetooth speakers and headphones I can't get any sound out of them.

While Bluetooth is connected, please post results of:
Code: Select all
cat /etc/mpd.conf

bluetoothctl info

amixer -D bluealsa

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby joe63 » 19 Dec 2020, 12:59

hello everyone
as i asked in the previous page
joe63 wrote:hello Rern
I am a new user of your RuneAudio version and I must confess that I find it very interesting and well made, specially as for the graphic layout and effective use of functions. I still haven't run it as my RPI is at the moment out of work but I am trying to get confident with it. Thanks a lot for your huge efforts ;)
So far I have used RuneAudio 0.5b and modified the files config.txt and cmdline.txt according to the tweakings suggested by Frost_dk and Dynobot in the thread tweaking-the-audio-performance-rpi3-t4301.html, after that I edited the file orion_optimize.sh to change some parameters related to the sound profiles of the kernel.
Now I am trying to follow the same way in Rune Audio+R e6 but unfortunately I cannot find and edit the file at issue :P
I wonder if those changes are already set in this version. If not, how is it possible to tweak the sound profiles here?
I am sure that sooner or later someone else will give it a try :mrgreen:
Joe

it would be interesting to edit the parameters of a sound profile to improve the sound output.
Can anyone tried this tweak? how can I do it by command line please?
thanks a lot in advance
Joe
joe63

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi