As of 20200824, this has been upgraded to RuneAudio+R e5
For all Raspberry Pi: Zero, 1, 2, 3 and 4
A new e of RuneAudio+R
- Upgrade kernel and all packages to latest versions
- Fix static IP setting
- Decompress to RuneAudio+R_e4-RPi*.img with 7-zip, WinRAR or WinZip
- Write the file to a micro SD card, 4GB or more, with Win32 Disk Imager or Etcher.
- Existing users:
- - Keep or Backup current setup SD card.
- Try with a spare one before moving forward.
- - Skip auto expand root partition: delete /boot/x.sh before 1st boot.
- Wi-Fi pre-configure - 3 alternatives: (Only if no wired LAN available.)
- 1. From existing
- - Copy an existing profile file from /etc/netctl .
- Rename it to wifi then copy it to BOOT before power on.
- - Rename wifi0 in BOOT to wifi .
- Edit SSID and Key.
- - With Pre-configure Wi-Fi connection
- Save it in BOOT .
- Before setup anything, Settings > Addons > RuneAudio+R e4 > Update (if any)
- Restore settings and database: Settings > System > Backup/Restore Settings (if any)
- - Power off and wait a few seconds then power on
- If not connected, temporarily connect wired LAN then remove after Wi-Fi connected successfully.
- Still no - Write the image file to SD card again
- Still no - Download the image file and start over again
RuneAudio+R - An improved version of RuneAudio
- Based on features from RuneUI Enhancement
- Complete frontend redesigned
- Complete backend rebuilt with latest Arch Linux Arm
- System-wide upgraded to the latest kernel and packages
- Improved performance and response
- All new setting pages
- Metadata editor
- Coverarts, thumbnails and bookmarks - add, replace and remove
- Support WebRadio and UPnP coverarts - online fteched
- Support *.jpg, *.png and animated *.gif
- Support *.cue - virtually as individual tracks in all modes and user playlists
Renderer/Client (with metadata and coverarts)
- - AirPlay
- Spotify Connect (Premium account only)
- - Snapcast with metadata and coverarts
- simple HTTP
- Enable / disable / options: applied immediately, no more Ok buttons.
- No reboot needed. (except enable/disable audio devices)
- Options visible/accessible only when features enabled.
- Toggle descriptions with question mark button.
- - I2S audio output selected automatically after setup in System and reboot.
- Hardware/software volume set automatically for each device.
- Bit-perfect setting.
- - Improved mount / unmount / remount / remove mount
- - Improved status info
- Complete IP address info with QR codes.
- - Faster scan available Wi-Fi.
- Icons indicate signal level.
- Improved connect / reconnect / forget
- - Unified hostname for all services: System, Access point, AirPlay, Samba, uPnP/DLNA
- i2s module setup with auto select MPD output on reboot
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth disable option
- Samba option to set write permissions
- Best sound quality:
- - Settings > MPD > Bit-perfect - Enable
- Use only amplifier volume (Unless quality of DAC hardware volume is better.)
- - With wired LAN if possible - Disable Wi-Fi
- With WiFi if necessary
- With RPi accesspoint only if there's no router
- - Get IP address: Menu > Network > Network Interfaces list
- On your router, pre-assign an IP address for RuneAudio to keep it from changing.
- Settings > System > Features
- - Tap top of coverart to see controls guide.
- - No needs for top and bottom bars
- Use coverart controls instead of top bar buttons
- Swipe to switch between pages
<- Library <-> Playback <-> Playlist ->
- - Library home blocks
- Playlist tracks
- Saved playlist tracks
- - Settings > MPD > question mark icon -scroll- FFmpeg Decoder
- Enable if filetypes list contains ones of the missing files.