RuneAudio+R e4

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e4

Postby vaughan » 01 Jul 2020, 17:34

rern wrote:
vaughan wrote:... on the announcement there is a reference to a simple HTTP Streamer - how is that invoked? I haven't been able to find it.
...

Settings > System > Streamer

rern


Thanks. When I have enabled the HTTP Streamer, how do I use it?
(And thanks for your other answer too.)

Many thanks,
Vaughan
vaughan
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 02 May 2020, 16:26

Re: RuneAudio+R e4

Postby vaughan » 01 Jul 2020, 17:41

I've had a networking problem which I thought I'd flag up in case there's a wider problem that anyone else has seen.

My system had been running fine for the last few days, then I found today that I had lost connectivity with the Pi. I was unable to ping either of the interfaces. I powered the system off and on, and after that it worked, but I am curious as to what had gone wrong. I ran 'journalctl -b-1' and all was fine until these messages:
Code: Select all
Jul 01 00:04:36 runeaudio systemd-resolved[312]: Using degraded feature set (UDP) for DNS server 9.9.9.10.
Jul 01 00:04:36 runeaudio systemd-resolved[312]: Using degraded feature set (UDP) for DNS server 8.8.8.8

Then obviously the networking was broken by then as there were then these messages:
Code: Select all
Jul 01 00:15:09 runeaudio systemd-timesyncd[313]: Timed out waiting for reply from 185.121.25.166:123 (pool.ntp.org).
Jul 01 00:15:19 runeaudio systemd-timesyncd[313]: Timed out waiting for reply from 178.62.18.76:123 (pool.ntp.org).

and later on:
Code: Select all
Jul 01 00:16:54 runeaudio systemd-timesyncd[313]: Network configuration changed, trying to establish connection.
...
Jul 01 00:41:24 runeaudio kernel: smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: link down
Jul 01 00:41:24 runeaudio systemd-networkd[1700]: eth0: Lost carrier
Jul 01 00:41:24 runeaudio wsdd.py[3549]: /usr/local/bin/wsdd.py:1021: DeprecationWarning: The 'warn' method is deprecated, use 'warning' instead
Jul 01 00:41:24 runeaudio wsdd.py[3549]:   logger.warn('deleted address {} on {}'.format(addr, interface.name))
Jul 01 00:41:24 runeaudio wsdd.py[3549]: WARNING: deleted address 192.168.0.80 on eth0

(I wasn't doing anything to the system around that time.)

My system was built from RuneAudio+R_e4-RPi2-3.img.xz downloaded 26-JUN-2020, and my hardware is Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2.

I'll see how it gets on over the next few days, just in case this is of any use to anyone...

Many thanks, Vaughan
vaughan
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 02 May 2020, 16:26

Re: RuneAudio+R e4

Postby Sonic » 01 Jul 2020, 21:35

Sorry if I’m missing something – I’ve tried and tried to find a way round this. But, unfortunately, it appears that the scroll bars have been removed from the Rpi GUI, and e3/e4 have seemingly become unusable with a large album collection without a touch screen.

The arrow keyboard shortcuts in the library are broken (although they work in the playlist). Without these it’s actually impossible to access many of my albums because the only way to navigate through the lists is via the ‘jump to a letter’ bar. If you have more artists or album titles starting with the selected letter than can fit on a single page there is no other way to scroll through the entries. The Date page is a non-starter as it has no active ‘jump to’ bar to start with (By the way, thanks for adding that Rern).

When I say the arrow keyboard shortcuts are broken, what they are actually doing is is somewhat weird. As an example: regardless of where your current position is within a list, if you press the downward arrow, in say the Album Artist list, it first jumps back to the beginning of the list and highlights the very first entry. The next down arrow key press will jump to the next artist entry and open its album submenu and highlight the first album, and the next down arrow key press will jump down to the next album entry and open the track list. This happens in both the Rpi GUI and a remote browser (Firefox in my case).

Plus, and I think this has already been reported, attempting to open the ‘System’ page simply results in the busy screen endlessly flashing until a forced reboot.

Sonic
RPi3B+ > Allo DigiOne Signature > Audiolab M-DAC
RPi3B+ > HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro > Cambridge Audio DACMagic+
Sonic
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 22 Mar 2020, 01:01

Re: RuneAudio+R e4

Postby cmh714 » 01 Jul 2020, 21:58

@rern, just re-flashed as you stated a post or two back.....the restore didnt seem to fully restore everything....it did not set my TZ correctly as it has in the past.

Also, bigger was that it did not restore my Playlists....anyway to recover that?

****EDIT -- NM rern, the Playlists just took some time to re-populate into the UI.
cmh714
 
Posts: 417
Joined: 04 May 2014, 03:06

Re: RuneAudio+R e4

Postby PiPPiP » 02 Jul 2020, 05:03

Am also having the flashing RA page trying to access systems settings both on touch screen and web interface (am still on e3, but will upgrade to e4 presently).

On that matter, is there a simple list of command line instructions to do the upgrade so to avoid back up issues and or reflashing SD card?

regards,

P
PiPPiP
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 01 May 2020, 12:41

Re: RuneAudio+R e4

Postby Russ » 02 Jul 2020, 11:01

vaughan wrote:I've had a networking problem which I thought I'd flag up in case there's a wider problem that anyone else has seen.

My system had been running fine for the last few days, then I found today that I had lost connectivity with the Pi. I was unable to ping either of the interfaces. I powered the system off and on, and after that it worked, but I am curious as to what had gone wrong. I ran 'journalctl -b-1' and all was fine until these messages:
Code: Select all
Jul 01 00:04:36 runeaudio systemd-resolved[312]: Using degraded feature set (UDP) for DNS server 9.9.9.10.
Jul 01 00:04:36 runeaudio systemd-resolved[312]: Using degraded feature set (UDP) for DNS server 8.8.8.8

Then obviously the networking was broken by then as there were then these messages:
.
.
.

My system was built from RuneAudio+R_e4-RPi2-3.img.xz downloaded 26-JUN-2020, and my hardware is Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2.

I'll see how it gets on over the next few days, just in case this is of any use to anyone...

Many thanks, Vaughan


Thanks Vaughan I think your feedback may reveal why there is a problem with the RPi Zero version. I downloaded RuneAudio+R_e4-RPi0-1.img.xz versions on June 29 and July 1 and both do not have WiFi AP pre-configured. Pretty serious issue since RPi Zero needs the WiFi AP to configure RuneAudio+R e4. Tried twice on both downloaded images to set WiFi access manually using /boot/wifi.txt and netctl but no success. Adding the wifi.txt file to /boot resulted in a WIFI profile file in /etc/netctl directory but systemctl reports that service failed to start. I gave up.

Speaking of which, I would like to retract my earlier feedback on sound quality. Through trial and error I managed to disable hardware volume (apparently, hardware mixer needs to be disabled and it will automatically disable volume controls.) With mixer/volume disabled, the sound quality is back to normal or slightly better than earlier version. :)

And coming back to networking issues, WiFi configuration on the RPi2-3 is not like on earlier versions. Is there is a way to delete WiFi profile in the UI once created? I had to ssh in to delete it.
Russ
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 25 Jun 2020, 07:01

Re: RuneAudio+R e4

Postby rern » 02 Jul 2020, 12:32

Sonic wrote:... it appears that the scroll bars have been removed from the Rpi GUI, and e3/e4 have seemingly become unusable with a large album collection without a touch screen.

The arrow keyboard shortcuts in the library are broken (although they work in the playlist). ...
...
..., attempting to open the ‘System’ page simply results in the busy screen endlessly flashing until a forced reboot.
...

Scrollbars - On my system, Chrome and Firefox on Windows both have scrollbars. Chromium and Firefox on Linux have them as well.
Keyboard shortcuts - Fixed. To be released with next update.
System settings page - Post the output of:
Code: Select all
/srv/http/bash/system-data.sh


Russ wrote:.... I downloaded RuneAudio+R_e4-RPi0-1.img.xz versions on June 29 and July 1 and both do not have WiFi AP pre-configured. Pretty serious issue since RPi Zero needs the WiFi AP to configure RuneAudio+R e4. Tried twice on both downloaded images to set WiFi access manually using /boot/wifi.txt and netctl but no success. Adding the wifi.txt file to /boot resulted in a WIFI profile file in /etc/netctl directory but systemctl reports that service failed to start. I gave up.
...
And coming back to networking issues, WiFi configuration on the RPi2-3 is not like on earlier versions. Is there is a way to delete WiFi profile in the UI once created? I had to ssh in to delete it.

Pre-configured RPi access point - Pre-configure Wi-Fi connection by wifi file, without .txt extension, in BOOT is much less complicated. Use the RPi access point only when there's no other options.
Wi-Fi profile removal - Tap Wi-Fi icon in Wi-Fi list page for removal or IP settings.

rern
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
Raspberry Pi 4B
GitHub
User avatar
rern
 
Posts: 603
Joined: 14 Jul 2016, 08:15

Re: RuneAudio+R e4

Postby Sonic » 02 Jul 2020, 16:06

rern wrote:
Sonic wrote:... it appears that the scroll bars have been removed from the Rpi GUI, and e3/e4 have seemingly become unusable with a large album collection without a touch screen.

The arrow keyboard shortcuts in the library are broken (although they work in the playlist). ...
...
..., attempting to open the ‘System’ page simply results in the busy screen endlessly flashing until a forced reboot.
...

Scrollbars - On my system, Chrome and Firefox on Windows both have scrollbars. Chromium and Firefox on Linux have them as well.
Keyboard shortcuts - Fixed. To be released with next update.
System settings page - Post the output of:
Code: Select all
/srv/http/bash/system-data.sh


rern


Hi Rern. I was only referring to the scrollbars missing in the Rpi GUI - the scrollbars in Firefox are fine. It was just the keyboard shortcuts that weren't working properly in both.

Best... Sonic
RPi3B+ > Allo DigiOne Signature > Audiolab M-DAC
RPi3B+ > HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro > Cambridge Audio DACMagic+
Sonic
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 22 Mar 2020, 01:01

Re: RuneAudio+R e4

Postby Sonic » 02 Jul 2020, 21:39

Hi again Rern.

I decided to do a fresh e4 install on a new SD card - just to make sure there wasn't anything I might have missed.
The scrollbars are still missing in the Library when using the Rpi browser, and seemingly the 'system' page refuses to load once the MPD database has been updated for the first time. It loaded fine beforehand.

Here's the output from /srv/http/bash/system-data.sh

Code: Select all
warning: database file for 'RR' does not exist (use '-Sy' to download)
cat: /srv/http/data/addons/rre4: No such file or directory
{ "audioaplayname" : "hifiberry-digi" , "audiooutput" : "HiFiBerry Digi+" , "cpu                              load" : "4.97 4.67 2.83" , "cputemp" : 54 , "hardware" : "Raspberry Pi 2 Model B                               Rev 1.1" , "hostname" : "RuneAudio" , "ip" : "eth0 192.168.0.12 b8:27:eb:f6:de:                              c0" , "kernel" : "5.4.45-1-ARCH" , "login" : false , "mpd" : "0.21.24" , "mpdsta                              ts" : [991,859,9824] , "ntp" : "pool.ntp.org" , "onboardaudio" : false , "passwo                              rddefault" : true , "reboot" : "" , "snapcast" : false , "snapclient" : false ,                               "snaplatency" : 800 , "soc" : "BCM2836" , "soccpu" : "4 @ 900MHz" , "socmem" : "                              1GB" , "soundprofile" : "ACX" , "sources" : [{"icon":"microsd","mountpoint":"/",                              "mounted":true,"source":"/dev/mmcblk0p2","size":"2.5GB/30GB"},{"icon":"usbdrive"                              ,"mountpoint":"/mnt/MPD/USB/SanDisk480GB","mounted":true,"source":"/dev/sda2","s                              ize":"288GB/448GB"},{"icon":"usbdrive","mountpoint":"/mnt/MPD/USB/label:","mount                              ed":false,"source":"/dev/sda1"},""] , "streaming" : false , "sysswap" : 0 , "sys                              latency" : 3500075 , "time" : "20:06:46 2020-07-02" , "timezone" : "UTC" , "upti                              me" : "15m" , "uptimesince" : "2020-07-02 19:50" , "version" : "e4" , "versionui                              " : , "bluetooth" : false , "bluetoothon" : false , "eth0mtu" : 1500 , "eth0txq"                               : 4000 , "airplay" : false , "spotify" : false , "spotifydevice" : "default:CAR                              D=sndrpihifiberry" , "upnp" : false , "samba" : false , "writesd" : true , "writ                              eusb" : true , "cursor" : true , "localbrowser" : true , "rotate" : "NORMAL" , "


Hope it helps

Best... Sonic
RPi3B+ > Allo DigiOne Signature > Audiolab M-DAC
RPi3B+ > HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro > Cambridge Audio DACMagic+
Sonic
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 22 Mar 2020, 01:01

Re: RuneAudio+R e4

Postby rern » 03 Jul 2020, 11:10

Update 20200703

- Fix AirPlay bug
- Fix backup failed when there're special characters in filenames
- Fix System page inaccessible in some situations
- Improve keyboard shortcuts
- Add regulatory domain option for Wi-Fi

rern
Last edited by rern on 03 Jul 2020, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
Raspberry Pi 4B
GitHub
User avatar
rern
 
Posts: 603
Joined: 14 Jul 2016, 08:15

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests