RuneAudio 0.6-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.6-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby RoyB » 23 Mar 2024, 18:49

Hi janui,

In addition to previous post.
I temporarily disconnected the hdd en connected a USB-stick with some music files on it. The same issue: the USB-stick doesn’t mount.
I’m now using 0.5b again, but like to use the upgrade of 0.6b. Is there a way to roll back to build version 2?

Regards,
RoyB
RoyB

Postby janui » 24 Mar 2024, 13:27

Hi RoyB,
RoyB wrote:In addition to previous post....the USB-stick doesn’t mount....

Thanks for posting this. There was a Linux utility compatibility problem between ARCH and RPiOS. I had tested the last changes in our development environment and on one of the 0.6b versions. However, a parameters was invalid on the other 0.6b version, so one version was failing. I have posted some fixes.

You can get the latest fixes by updating the player (the patch level will remain unchanged):
1. Go to the /dev menu - in the browser url enter http://<playername>.local/dev (e.g. http://runeaudio.local/dev).
2. Switch dev mode on - Scroll down to the 'Dev Mode' button and toggle it to ON, then click on the ‘Save Settings’ button below the toggle button.
3. When the UI comes back, click on the first ‘Save Settings’ button to activate the dev mode options.
4. Perform a git pull - Scroll down to the ‘Update RuneUI’ option and click on the ‘git pull’ button. The update will then be carried out and the player will reboot.

janui
janui

Postby RoyB » 24 Mar 2024, 14:07

Janui wrote:
However, a parameters was invalid on the other 0.6b version, so one version was failing. I have posted some fixes.

Hi Janui, top!!! It works again!
Thanks! I hope you have some time left to enjoy some music yourself.

RoyB
RoyB

Postby RoyB » 28 Mar 2024, 18:46

Hi janui,

I obtained a SSD to replace my HDD ;) . RuneAudio 0.6b build3 nicely mounts the SSD (a Crucial X9).
The music files can be seen in the file-explorer of my desktop. Unfortunately transferring files cannot be done. The notification is that the usb-device is protected. In the mean time I learned that this is because of the used exFAT filesystem, which is normally not compatible with version 0.6b.
What is the reason for that, as exFAT is a common and universal filesystem for external SSD’s?

How can I, in an easy way, make RuneAudio accept remote access of an exFAT formatted SSD?

RoyB
RoyB

Postby RoyB » 30 Mar 2024, 17:06

Hi janui,

In addition to previous post.
I figured out that to enable remote access (via desktop) to an attached SSD with exFAT filesystem udevil.conf has to be changed.
To be more precise:
Code: Select all
 default_options_exfat     = ro, nosuid, noexec, nodev, noatime, uid=$UID, gid=$GID

I tried the following changes:
 default_options_exfat     = rw, nosuid, noexec, nodev, noatime, uid=$UID, gid=$GID

default_options_exfat     = nosuid, noexec, nodev, noatime, uid=$UID, gid=$GID

Both options seem to be effective. I like to know what is your recommendation.

I made the changes by using Notepad++, directly via desktop access to RuneAudio sys config dir (/etc). So I did not use SSH (PuTTy). Is this a correct way of working?

RoyB
RoyB

Postby janui » 01 Apr 2024, 12:36

Hi RoyB,
RoyB wrote:...Both options seem to be effective. I like to know what is your recommendation....
Both are fine. From a documentation perspective the first is beter since it explicitly specifies r/w but from a consistency perspective the second is more in line with the existing entries. Another option is to format the SSD as NTFS, this is fully r/w accessible on RuneAudio as default. NTFS also has some benefits when using Windows. Here is a discussion over NTFS or sxFAT: https://www.diskpart.com/articles/ntfs- ... -7201.html
janui
janui

Postby janui » 02 Apr 2024, 15:49

Hi There,

While working on the next version, we have run into some problems with Samba file sharing. I have posted some fixes and a couple of improvements.

You can get the latest fixes by updating the player (with this update the patch level will move to 4):
1. Go to the /dev menu - in the browser url enter http://<playername>.local/dev (e.g. http://runeaudio.local/dev).
2. Switch dev mode on - Scroll down to the 'Dev Mode' button and toggle it to ON, then click on the ‘Save Settings’ button below the toggle button.
3. When the UI comes back, click on the first ‘Save Settings’ button to activate the dev mode options.
4. Perform a git pull - Scroll down to the ‘Update RuneUI’ option and click on the ‘git pull’ button. The update will then be carried out and the player will reboot.

janui
janui

Postby RoyB » 05 Apr 2024, 13:38

janui wrote:
Another option is to format the SSD as NTFS, this is fully r/w accessible on RuneAudio as default.

Hi janui,
Indeed using an exFAT formatted SSD as an USB-connected device has its drawback. Transferring (drag-and-drop or copy-past) music files works fine. But renaming folder names is not easily done via Windows. Windows doesn’t accept simple case (upper/lower) changes in this situation (Windows > MPD). A workaround is adding a character and then make your changes and eventually delete the added character. In addition a second issue is that the original folder and the renamed one are displayed in MPD. By deleting and updating the MPD Library this can be solved.
So using an exFAT formatted USB-device causes ‘case-sensitivity’ compatibility problems between Windows and MPD.

I changed the file system of the SSD to NTFS. All works well!

Lesson learned: use NTFS formatted USB-devices.

RoyB
RoyB

'xz-utils backdoor' security issue

Postby janui » 07 Apr 2024, 16:01

Hello There,
These has been lots of (mis)information on internet this week concerning the 'xz-utils backdoor' security issue. If you are using RuneAudio 0.6b there are no problems unless you have manually upgraded the OS.

If you have manually upgraded the OS, see here: https://lists.debian.org/debian-securit ... 00057.html. You should take appropriate action if the package 'xz' (and/or 'xz-utils') have versions matching those listed as compromised.

janui
janui

Postby janui » 07 Apr 2024, 16:17

Hi Beelzebassie & RoyB,
Beelzebassie wrote:...Encountered some strange behavior: When browsing the library, adding a cue-sheet to the queue does show the album-art on playback; adding the folder the cue-sheet is in instead, does not...
I have looked at this problem and made some changes to the metadata and album art processing. I am not sure that all situations using cue sheets are fixable due to the way MPD processes them. There are also some other related bug fixes included. Looking forward to your feedback...

You can get the latest changes and bug fixes by updating the player (with this update the patch level will remain at 4):

janui
janui

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi