RuneAudio 0.6-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.6-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby janui » 31 Jan 2024, 10:27

Hi Beelzebassie,
Beelzebassie wrote:Small cosmetic bug: On the queue tab, the total playtime has a redundant 'h' for a playlist exceeding 1 hour.

Thanks for reporting this.

janui
janui

Postby janui » 09 Feb 2024, 17:11

Hi Beelzebassie,
Beelzebassie wrote:...Small cosmetic bug: On the queue tab, the total playtime has a redundant 'h' for a playlist exceeding 1 hour...
This bug has been fixed.
There have also been some performance and functionality issues when using the FireFox browser with RuneAudio, this has also been fixed.
You need to update your player to get the fixes.

To update your player:
1. Go to the /dev menu - in the browser url enter http://<playername>.local/dev (e.g. http://runeaudio.local/dev)
2. Switch dev mode on - Scroll down to the 'Dev Mode' button and toggle it to ON, then click on the ‘Save Settings’ button below the toggle button.
3. When the UI comes back, click on the first ‘Save Settings’ button to activate the dev mode options.
4. Perform a git pull - Scroll down to the ‘Update RuneUI’ option and click on the ‘git pull’ button. The update will then be carried out and the player will restart.

janui
janui

Postby RoyB » 11 Feb 2024, 16:09

janui wrote:
There have also been some performance and functionality issues when using the FireFox browser with RuneAudio, this has also been fixed.

In recent weeks I noticed that after changing the music files on the connected HDD via a desktop PC, occasionally automatic mounting failed after starting RuneAudio. Moreover the Mixer setting(Tx) then also appeared to have been changed.

After adjusting the music files I sometimes update the MPD via the FireFox browser of the desktop. Otherwise the MPD update is carried out by means of an iPad directly after the changes made or later on after a restart.

Until now I couldn't quite put my finger on what caused the problem.
I installed the new fix and used different ways (desktop/iPad/iPhone) - directly or after restart) to update the MPD library and it seems the fix solved the aforementioned problems. That’s nice!
Although it takes quite some time before RuneAudio recognizes the drive after a update by the browser of the desktop and a restart.

janui, could you confirm this fix indeed addresses the issue of failing USB automount and unwanted changing the Mixer Tx setting?

RoyB
RoyB

Postby janui » 12 Feb 2024, 17:23

Hi RoyB,
RoyB wrote:...janui, could you confirm this fix indeed addresses the issue of failing USB automount and unwanted changing the Mixer Tx setting?...
No, I dont think fixing the FireFox problem has any effect on USB mounts or Mixer settings. The problems with FireFox were performance (very slow) and sometimes parts of the UI not being populated with data. All other tested browsers worked without problems.
If you could describe the USB automount problems in a little more detail I can take a look.
To my best knowledge the settings in the mixer are not persistent. They will be set back to defaults after a restart. I suppose it would be possible to save the settings on request or before shutdown and initialise then on restart. I will take a look at this, maybe something for the next version.

janui
janui

Postby RoyB » 15 Feb 2024, 12:05

janui wrote:
If you could describe the USB automount problems in a little more detail I can take a look.

I tried to reproduce the problem.

I started and turned RuneAudio off several times, followed by switching the power supply off and on. That's going well. A fully start takes about 60 seconds.
Then I performed a reboot via the Turn Off menu. This resulted in a changed Mixer setting. After changing the mixer setting to AIF, the SPDIF setting kept coming back. Access to the hdd also disappeared.
It is kind of trail-and-error to get RuneAudio working again. After several turn off actions (power off / reboots) at last RuneAudio recognizes the drive again and a fully update (seems a complete rebuild) of the MPD Library is then needed.
Of course I checked Debug in the meanwhile several times. Sometimes during the problem period the hdd is reported as a recognized Filesystem mount, but not seen in Sources RuneAudio.

So it seems that a reboot action may upset RuneAudio.

RoyB
RoyB

Postby Beelzebassie » 17 Feb 2024, 15:53

On my side everything now works as intended; looking forward to the next iterations! 8-)
Raspberry Pi 3B (rev. 1.2) | Allo DigiOne
Beelzebassie

Postby Tantal » 18 Feb 2024, 13:57

does this version not support Hifi-Berry???
I use RBPi2 with Hifiberry for 10 years without issues
except the loooong respond time, so I wanted to give this version a try.
But It obviously don´t recognize the H-B

system ->onboard devices: audio "aplay" (no other available)
player -> output: onboard Headphone / hdmi

2nd problem:
the player is updating the usb-hd for about 20min now and still continues. It´s about 730GB of data.
The old, orig. verion needed 3-4min after booting (annoying enough)
Rune version: 0.4 (build: beta-20160313) on RB Pi2 + HiFi-Berry
Tantal

Postby Beelzebassie » 18 Feb 2024, 19:56

Tantal wrote:does this version not support Hifi-Berry???
I use RBPi2 with Hifiberry for 10 years without issues
except the loooong respond time, so I wanted to give this version a try.
But It obviously don´t recognize the H-B

system ->onboard devices: audio "aplay" (no other available)
player -> output: onboard Headphone / hdmi

HifiBerry is def there.
Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 19-53-02 RuneAudio - RuneUI.png
Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 19-53-02 RuneAudio - RuneUI.png (108.81 KiB) Viewed 663 times
Raspberry Pi 3B (rev. 1.2) | Allo DigiOne
Beelzebassie

Postby Tantal » 19 Feb 2024, 11:06

Thanks @Beelzebassie .... I found 8-)
Rune version: 0.4 (build: beta-20160313) on RB Pi2 + HiFi-Berry
Tantal

Postby janui » 22 Feb 2024, 10:48

Hi Tantal,
Tantal wrote:...2nd problem:
the player is updating the usb-hd for about 20min now and still continues. It´s about 730GB of data.
The old, orig. verion needed 3-4min after booting (annoying enough)...
Use the menu to select the Sources UI. Look for the item Auto Rebuild, click it to switch this off and then click on Save and Apply.
You can manually Rebuild or Update (this is quicker) the library when you add music to the storage device, these options are also in the Sources UI. There is also an option to Auto Update your library when a change is detected, this is in the MPD UI.
We cant do very much about library update time, this is determined by MPD and Linux I/O & network routines. With new versions of MPD and Linux the update time is sometimes better and sometimes worse.

janui
janui

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi