RuneAudio 0.3-beta for Raspberry Pi

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.3-beta for Raspberry Pi

Postby matt » 30 Oct 2014, 00:22

dryce wrote:
matt wrote:Rpi B+ with hifiberry DAC+.
I'm not having any playback problems - 24/192 seems fine.
the only issue I have come across so far is -
Whenever I open the UI and when I change tabs via the menu I get a dialogue box popping up asking me " Do you want to install "Runeaudio" from this site (192.168.1.111) ? ". It doesn't seem to affect anything but is very annoying. It could be a windows issue but I didn't get it when using the 0.3 alpha. Im using Windows 7..

Other than that i am very happy with it.

I had this pop up on my Arch box, so it's not a Windows issue. I hit install. I'm not sure what it did. I didn't notice anything different.

You are braver than me ;) , i didn't want to stuff anything up.
Have "installed" and the issue seems to be resolved.
Thanks
matt

Postby Peter » 30 Oct 2014, 01:15

24/192 still stutters.

I reimaged card, reinstalled, and waited for library update to finish before trying 24/192 again. It now works just fine. :D

Still have the MPD issue tho.

@Matt
You are braver than me ;) , i didn't want to stuff anything up.
Have "installed" and the issue seems to be resolved.
Thanks

If you click your windows start button you will see a new program has been installed - this is a full screen Rune interface (and an icon on your desktop). This happened to me too, and I got irritated by the popup, so just installed, then found the nice added extra!
Last edited by Peter on 30 Oct 2014, 01:59, edited 1 time in total.
Peter

Postby metalrob » 30 Oct 2014, 01:25

Hi guys!

I'm interested, who managed getting wlan to work. This thing is somewhat complicated. I never saw that in my life. I tried two different sticks that usually worked with every comparable distro. No connection.
metalrob

Postby Peter » 30 Oct 2014, 01:40

Hi guys!

I'm interested, who managed getting wlan to work. This thing is somewhat complicated. I never saw that in my life. I tried two different sticks that usually worked with every comparable distro. No connection.

Yip, I did with Edimax EW-7811Un dongle which I have been using for ages. Needed to refresh a few times before the tick appeared, and security showed WEP even though I had changed that to WPA, but the passkey stuck and it is working well. :?
Peter

Postby matt » 30 Oct 2014, 02:03

I just thought I'd mention that I had been using picoreplayer for the past couple of weeks while waiting for the beta to come out and i thought it sounded pretty good.
Well I'd have to say that runeaudio 0.3 beta absolutely blows it away as far as sound quality goes. Combined with the hifiberry dac+ , my system has never sounded so good, I am stunned!! :o :D
I am sitting on my couch listening to some Sade with a big grin on my face, I dont think I'll be going back to work this afternoon. :lol:
Well done to the RuneAudio team.
Last edited by matt on 30 Oct 2014, 03:04, edited 1 time in total.
matt

Postby metalrob » 30 Oct 2014, 02:17

Give it up for today!

Crashes, lags, spinning arrows to eternity. No wlan.

Saving changes in 'MPD' leads into an endless spinning wheel.

Don't know what happened to that version. Maybe something's got broken when downloading.

Will try again tomorrow.

Is this the final beta, or a beta test version?
metalrob

Postby elliotn » 30 Oct 2014, 03:52

MPD was hanging for me too.

I noticed the following suspicious item in /etc/mpd.conf:
state_file "yes"

In beta-2 the value was:
state_file "/var/lib/mpd/mpdstate"
elliotn

Postby GrumpyBob » 30 Oct 2014, 09:47

I'm trying Rune for the first time. Setup from burning the SD card through first boot to setting up Spotify and Last.FM and mounting my NAS was really clear and extremely straightforward. I love the UI. The developers have done an excellent job - many thanks all round! But...

Just as reported in this post, MPD doesn't seem to want to scan the NAS share that I mounted. I logged in via ssh and can see all the music folders. Clicking "Rebuild MPD Library" doesn't seem to do anything...

Robert
Last edited by GrumpyBob on 30 Oct 2014, 11:52, edited 2 times in total.
GrumpyBob

Postby ACX » 30 Oct 2014, 09:57

Hi everyone,
thank you very much for all the quick feedbacks. This is how a good community works 8-)

We are going to take a couple of days of (well-deserved maybe... necessary for sure!) rest after this release.
After that we are going to start to fix the most critical bugs that are emerging from this thread.
So expect some fixes to come (in a reasonable time) through GitHub or, if necessary, through a new build of the image.

The 0.3-beta image has been rebuilt almost from scratch after the 0.3-alpha to get even better performances. It's pretty normal then that some new bugs have come to light. That's the reason because we need your collaboration to spot them. This is not a final version (it's still a beta, the name of the release tells it too) and we are not going to wait again for months to release a new and better one this time, don't worry :)

Keep up with the feedback collection and don't forget to attach your debug info via Pastebin.

Ciao!
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby PhM » 30 Oct 2014, 10:00

sykodad wrote:Today, I upgraded from Runeaudio 0.3 alpha to 0.3 beta. Unfortunately, there are two issues on my setup:

The first one also existed in 0.3 alpha. When selecting my IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ as the output and rebooting the system, the settings keeps reverting to the Raspberry Pi Analogue Output.

TIA,

Jan

Seems than output can be change on the fly (as specified ;) ) but its not saved as default. If you 'Save and apply' on the page it will be kept on next reboot.

So far this beta works fine for me (Spotify, SMB shares on Synology NAS, Hifiberry DAC, wired LAN, Avahi just working fine, CPU load is around 18-20% when playing 192-24 files)

Great work !
PhM

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi