RuneAudio 0.3-alpha for Raspberry Pi

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.3-alpha for Raspberry Pi

Postby terasain » 27 Oct 2014, 00:17

I installed RuneAudio 0.3 alpha on my RPi and everything worked so perfectly out of the box that I was actually a little disappointed :lol: I am coming from squeezeplug/volumio and i usually spend close to 1 to 2 hour post install to get everything working. Planning to give my Rpi off to a friend and going to get a Rpi B+ for myself and eagerly looking forward to Oct 29 0.3 beta release.

The only problem i seem to have is sometimes UI recognizes to USBs though only one USB HDD is attached. From the surface it looks like an UI issue and also the Library keeps "Updating" permanently. On the backend i see only one USB mounted.

Awesome work guys. Donation done.

Terasain
RPi -> USB/Spdif -> Beresford Bushmaster || -> Cambridge Audio 540C -> Mardaunt Short Aviano 2
terasain

Postby ACX » 27 Oct 2014, 00:34

terasain wrote:I installed RuneAudio 0.3 alpha on my RPi and everything worked so perfectly out of the box that I was actually a little disappointed :lol: I am coming from squeezeplug/volumio and i usually spend close to 1 to 2 hour post install to get everything working.

Ahaha... You can begin your evangelist mission now and convert people to RuneAudio :)

terasain wrote:The only problem i seem to have is sometimes UI recognizes to USBs though only one USB HDD is attached. From the surface it looks like an UI issue and also the Library keeps "Updating" permanently. On the backend i see only one USB mounted.

Do you see two USB mounts instead one in the UI? That could happen when you remove a device without properly unmounting it via UI. Please check under /mnt/MPD/USB/ and you'll probably see two directories, one is left from a previous mount.

terasain wrote:Awesome work guys. Donation done.

Thank you for your support!

BTW: Mordaunt-Short Aviano 2, great value speakers! :)
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby ACX » 27 Oct 2014, 14:11

Gentlemen,
as you already may know the 0.3-beta is going to be released in a couple of days:
http://www.runeaudio.com/0-3-beta-rpi-release-date/

At this point we can declare the 0.3-alpha testing as successfully closed.
We managed the most critical bugs and improve some features, and even introduce some new ones (Spotify!).

I want to personally thank everyone who patecipated in it and gave us precious feedback to spot bugs and improve the quality of the final release. It has been very much appreciated.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Chanh » 27 Oct 2014, 16:30

With gratitube, I Can't wait to try the beta version this Wednesday. I can foreseen lot of others will jump into RuneAudio Beta Ben-wagon. Hopefully a form of contribution/donation will come forward from appreciated users of RuneAudio, no matter how small it is? :P ;)

Now that the Rasberry Pi is finally done, BBB beta version with Miero Botic driver is hoping to be shortly looked at? :lol:
Chanh

Postby ACX » 27 Oct 2014, 17:15

Chanh wrote:Hopefully a form of contribution/donation will come forward from appreciated users of RuneAudio, no matter how small it is? :P ;)

Take a look at this thread:
donations-page-t402.html
Is the donations page really that hidden? :(

Chanh wrote:Now that the Rasberry Pi is finally done, BBB beta version with Miero Botic driver is hoping to be shortly looked at? :lol:

Yes, we hope that the integration will be quick enough to be included in the 0.3-beta for BBB.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Downunder55 » 27 Oct 2014, 22:44

ACX wrote:Is the donations page really that hidden? :(

YES ! !

.... but I guess you are not wanting to be seen to expect a donation :oops: , .........but it is equally valid for allowing grateful users to know there is a way make a donation for such a great project ! :D

I now know it is at the bottom of the page, but only found out about the option from a recent post.
Downunder55

Postby ACX » 28 Oct 2014, 00:18

Downunder55 wrote:
ACX wrote:Is the donations page really that hidden? :(

YES ! !

So where should we put it more visible without bothering visitors (that's one of the reasons I still refuse to put ads on this website)? Any suggestions?
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Chanh » 28 Oct 2014, 01:15

Hi Andrea,

I think where you have it is right now is fine. i.e at the download page for all devices. I have confident there will be many more heartfelt RuneAudio beta users soon recognise and supporting such fine work of the RuneAudio Team.

I posted mine as above to alert more supports, whatever form might it be, so together as a community we all can enjoy and keep this fine work ever refining! :) Personally, I think one can only do so much, and the community together can take a big leap...! But most of all, if the users found added values into their audio journey, they should really share the working load in one form or the other. I certainly did my little bit and will not hesitant to do it again whenever the BBB beta version is coming out! ;)

Here is only to express personal thoughts, no intention to offend no one! Please forgive this RuneAudio fanatic!?! :D :lol:

Best,
Chanh
Last edited by Chanh on 28 Oct 2014, 01:25, edited 1 time in total.
Chanh

Postby johnbanks » 28 Oct 2014, 01:17

@ACX

I agree - no ads - could look like you favoured a particular hardware vendor, for example

But a strap line across each page or a box on each page would not be intrusive.

With a simple message ... If you like RuneAudio then please donate to help us make it even better ... or words to that effect

Just a suggestion ...
johnbanks

Postby ACX » 28 Oct 2014, 01:37

johnbanks wrote:But a strap line across each page or a box on each page would not be intrusive.

With a simple message ... If you like RuneAudio then please donate to help us make it even better ... or words to that effect

After the 0.3-beta release I'll think about an unobtrusive insertion of a reminder here in the forum, for example at the bottom of the page (it's not an ad, so it does not need primary visibility).
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi