Questions before I begin

Raspberry Pi related support

Questions before I begin

Postby mrbmac » 08 Jun 2015, 21:13

Hello all,

New guy here. I have some questions before I begin on a potential project. I am asking with the hopes of determining I am in the right place before I dig deep and try to make things work.

I'll start by saying that I am just beginnning toi research my project. I have a long way to go, but this is my first place to start really.

What I want to do:
Build a portable spotify jukebox based on the RPi platform. I want to have a small touchscreen for the pi along with some hardware knobs for volume, etc. I plan on having the ability to be battery powered by with a recharging circuit for portability.
My main goals is to build this for my wife because she is always using her phone with a bluetooth speaker for parties to play music. Portibility for the ability to take it on the patio and when we travel. I would like to build a stand alone system so that I dont have to always have to pair one of our phones. Also other people at the party can just walk up and find another song.

My big question is just to determine if Rune Audio would help me? It appears to be the UI that I was looking for. All I need is something to allow me to use spotify premium on RPi and also a qucik way to change wifi networks without having to bust out the keyboard. Something my wife can use :)

Im sure something similar to this has been done around the web. Im curious if anyone has done something similar using Rune Audio . Not having to reinvent the wheel here would be nice.

I have a lot of experience with electronics from my days of playing with arduino. I also code with python a lot, so im not afraid to veer of the beaten path to make something work. Do have some experience with setting up my Pi for an XBMC server so Im looking forward to this project.

Thanks for any guidance you guys can provide. Even if Rune Audio isn't for me, it looks like a great UI!
mrbmac

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi