RuneAudio 0n Raspberry Pi 2b

Raspberry Pi related support

RuneAudio 0n Raspberry Pi 2b

Postby Trevor » 04 Sep 2023, 17:02

I am having difficulty loading the software on my sd using a Mac Pro Catalina. I was nervous using Terminal on my new Mac Mini that I might mess up the Mini. With Disk Utility I discovered that the sd was identified as in disk2s1 and was able to unmount the sd. But each time I tried to write the program to the sd it never finished even after 5 min. Perhaps the problem is formatting the card. The choices that I have for formatting the card are Mac OS Extended, MS-DOS(FAT), and ExFAT. I have tried both MS-DOS(FAT) and ExFAT.

The command I was using was "sudo dd bs=1m if=/Users/bob/Desktop/RuneAudio_rpi2_rp3_0.4-beta_20160321_2GB.img of=/dev/disk2" I also tried "......of=dev/disk2s1"

I copied and pasted in the name of the file I downloaded.

What could be my problem?
Trevor

Re: RuneAudio 0n Raspberry Pi 2b

Postby robertsheffield » 23 Apr 2024, 08:30

Trevor wrote:I am having difficulty loading the software on my sd using a Mac Pro Catalina. I was nervous using Terminal on my new Mac Mini that I might mess up the Mini. With Disk Utility I discovered that the sd was identified as in disk2s1 and was able to unmount the sd. But each time I tried to write the program to the sd it never finished even after 5 min. Perhaps the problem is formatting the card. The choices that I have for formatting the card are Mac OS Extended, MS-DOS(FAT), and ExFAT. I have tried both MS-DOS(FAT) and ExFAT.

The command I was using was "sudo dd bs=1m if=/Users/bob/Desktop/RuneAudio_rpi2_rp3_0.4-beta_20160321_2GB.img of=/dev/disk2" I also tried "......of=dev/disk2s1"

I copied and pasted in the name of the file I downloaded.

What could be my problem?

I think you should use the Correct Device Identifier. In your command, you mentioned using "/dev/disk2" or "/dev/disk2s1" as the destination. It's important to identify the correct device identifier for your SD card. To confirm the correct identifier, you can open the Terminal and type the command: "diskutil list". This will display a list of all connected disks and partitions. Identify the SD card in the list and use the corresponding identifier in your command.
robertsheffield

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi