ODROID C2

ODROID related support

Re: ODROID C2

Postby dunghnguyen » 31 May 2016, 04:50

@smallfat: For your case, you are playing Rune on C2 that I would like to know what way/where you are transporting the digital signal to?
1) to Hifi Shield dac board?
2) to hdmi port?
3) to usb port connected to an external USB DAC?

My case Rune/C2 out to usb port connected to an external USB DAC (SMSL M8, that played perfectly with signal from Pi 2) the sound for 16/44.1 is very distorted. It is very strange it played 24/192 perfectly. I keep dsd aside since it is still not popular now at least for us.

I installed Ubuntu MATE that I tried with Audacious it played 16/44.1 perfectly.

I tried playing 16/44.1 in terminal window command "aplay <wav or flac files>" it played perfectly.

I spent time much myself to find out but nothing much found now since I am not a linux guy. I am sorry if this share may make some inconvenience for you.

My best regards.
Have a nice day !
dunghnguyen

Postby smallfat » 31 May 2016, 05:27

@dunghnguyen

As my DIY DSD DAC is at my friend's home, I cannot have my sonic test.
I just have my functional test.

For audio output, I will have two output
1. USB out to Amanero 384 then Soekris R2R DSD DAC
2. Use 7 pin I2S output on C2, connect to a differential I2S converion board (RJ45/HDMI)
then connect to other DAC support this input.
smallfat

Postby dunghnguyen » 31 May 2016, 06:53

@smallfat: my above comment I just listenned music out that it is not sonic test. Its sound is noisy.

I will have another test using usb audio adapter end of this week.

Last edited by dunghnguyen on 01 Jun 2016, 01:29, edited 5 times in total.
dunghnguyen

Postby smallfat » 31 May 2016, 11:30

I mean I have not connect speaker to check wether it works well.
smallfat

Postby dunghnguyen » 01 Jun 2016, 05:46

smallfat wrote:I mean I have not connect speaker to check wether it works well.

So what did you do with C2 installed with Rune? I saw you shared some comments I guessed you tried listening with it already ? Sorry if I may misunderstood from your previous posts.
dunghnguyen

Postby Elvis Mok » 02 Jun 2016, 14:10

Hi Frank,
i have found another some issue with C2. The problem is playing any format audio files that the sound randomly was distorted and noisy a few second. I changed the buffer setting from 2048 to 51200 for 16/44kHz is ok but 24/96kHz and 32/96kHz still have this issue. Do you have any idea?
Last edited by Elvis Mok on 04 Jun 2016, 05:07, edited 2 times in total.
Elvis Mok

Postby acml » 03 Jun 2016, 16:14

dunghnguyen, I am using Cayin iDac6 as usb dac and connecting with the C2. Both 16/44.1, DSD (through DoP) also working properly without distortion.

Best Rgds.,
acml
acml

Postby pistollero » 04 Jun 2016, 21:25

just to report my experience. i m using odroid c2 i2s to a mamboberry dac . it works ok the only issue is sometimes it repeats the song from the beginning after 10 seconds of playback. this happens on some songs not all. that songs have always the same behaviors so is impossible to listen to them.
pistollero

Postby hondagx35 » 04 Jun 2016, 22:54

Hi pistollero,

it works ok the only issue is sometimes it repeats the song from the beginning after 10 seconds of playback

This is a known issue and will be fixed with next image.
For now you can disable mpd-watchdog.

Get access to the console and type
Code: Select all
systemctl stop mpd-watchdog
systemctl disable mpd-watchdog

Frank

- Get access to the console:
Use SSH from your PC
    If you are not familiar with SSH read this for Windows or this for Linux/MacOS
    The default login for RuneAudio is "root" with the password "rune" (without quotes).
hondagx35

Postby dunghnguyen » 05 Jun 2016, 04:59

acml wrote:dunghnguyen, I am using Cayin iDac6 as usb dac and connecting with the C2. Both 16/44.1, DSD (through DoP) also working properly without distortion.

Best Rgds.,
acml

My case is very strange, it played perfectly with Hires files without any issue, but it is very distorted for the case of wav/flac 16/44.1. Anyway I do not prefer the hires or dsd much since they are not popular now even they consume memory space a lot.

When playing Rune at the beginning, I went to MPD to switch the output to my USB DAC but there were 2 outputs enable at the same time shown in the debug. I switched between them few times till only one activated but the sound out is not clear at all.

For the case no audio from HDMI, I followed the instruction from Frank to revise the config.txt that it was done successfully now that the sound out from HDMI fed to my receiver perfectly.
But then switching the signal output to USB DAC is still distorted.

I supposed that the issue from my USB DAC but it is paired with Pi2/Rune perfectly more than a month till now. If the issue from the C2 board, I am not sure since it was tested the playing in Ubuntu MATE (Audacious player via Pulse is ok, Alsa failed - not supported yet, even the simple command in terminal window "aplay" it plays well) the signal out to USB DAC decoded well.

I used the above USB sound card, it is a normal one (dac chip is CM108, I guess since it is popular in almost usb sound card nowadays that decode up to 16/44.1) its sound out is very distorted while it is very nice sound plugged in Pi2/Rune.

We need some times more to go ... many things is still ahead as it is just the first release ! :)
dunghnguyen

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to ODROID