Incomplete library loading & Wifi enable / disable

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: Incomplete library loading

Postby cristache » 26 Aug 2021, 22:30

Ears of Tin wrote:64bit for me too.

cmh714 wrote:I updated to the 64bit a month or so ago and have no issues. Also on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2

Nice to hear ... Now I create another SD card with stable version ... and is on UPDATING Library ...
But
After your nice and good feedback I will create another SD with 64 bit version, to see how will work..

Maybe have some advice for "pure audio" settings, to achieve PERFECT BIT... New version, from what I saw is another GUI what I'm used to see and I'm not so familiar right now . I know we have different audio setup and have different experience on audio listening but some tricks and configurations, tested and listened for sure have some extraordinary results. Advice VERY MUCH appreciated.

I work on my NAS to activate NFS and to see whats happening vs SAMBA / CIFS ... connection ...I'm not very "into it" with this NAS linux icon settings ... I keep NAS to store music and video personal files and some old backups, and don't dig very deep in those settings. No VM, No Roon, No Plex server ...only storage files.

Thank you for feedback
Keep digging and working into Rune and NAS
Best
Cristache
cristache

Postby cmh714 » 26 Aug 2021, 22:44

Well for bit perfect its on the Player tab in Settings, set to No Volume.....and then on the System tab you can try some of the Sound Profiles. The differences are super subtle and even with serious speakers I dont hear too much difference, but I use the RuneAudio profile.

I dont use any other features so I have everything else turned off or disabled......just pure music :)
cmh714

Postby cristache » 26 Aug 2021, 23:05

cmh714 wrote:Well for bit perfect its on the Player tab in Settings, set to No Volume.....

Could be super easy ... I saw this new feature ... Now I'm on waiting for 3-4 hours and cannot see what is happening.
About subtle differences ... Golden ears and BW 801 :roll:

Yes, I need to hear myself when all are good to go ( with all library and so on ... :lol: )

I saw here on forum some users with their audio setup, pictures ... nice :lol: but to hear true differences you need more that I saw ... here ( If are some indeed). All this hot passion need a point to start ... I saw people who cannot make difference between mp3 and a wav file on very strong systems ... and so on.

This is the difference between audiophile and music lover :D BIT PERFECT vs VERY FEW BITS

Best and thank you for sharing your experience.
I'm very happy to listen and learn
Best
Cristache
cristache

Postby cristache » 27 Aug 2021, 00:17

Happy update...
After few hours :| of waiting the new stable version find all "lost" folders and everything work fine.

It's strange but something is unclear for me at BIT perfect settings. Both switches should be on Grey or on Blue ... ?
I ask that because when I play some dsf 64 / 128 file, my DAC receive converted file and when I activate DoP , my DAC receive DSD file without conversion via USB ... So the switch ( dop ) in my understanding should be off ( grey ) to receive unaltered file but DAC RECEIVE PCM reconverted .. so my conclusion is both switches should be on Blue, who means no volume and no DoP .

I was somehow clear. DAC work with native DSD . On PC with all drivers installed and settings only DSD same files play with same message on screen USB DS 64, and when are converted the message could be USB 384 k ( depends on bit depth of the original file ) . Also on Moode settings as output I have USB 384 k converted file from dsf dff files - dsd 64/128/256 .

Here are my DAC specifications:

S/PDIF 24bit 44.1-192k PCM, DSD64
AES/EBU 24bit 44.1-192k PCM, DSD64
USB 32bit 44.1-384k PCM, DSD64-512
OPTICAL 24bit 44.1-176k PCM, DSD64
I2S (LVDS) 32bit 44.1-384k PCM, DSD64-512

Something is missing or switches are on right position and I have burnnn brain

Thank you for all patience
Looking forward .... after answers
Cristache
cristache

Postby cmh714 » 27 Aug 2021, 02:05

Well for DSD I cant help as my DAC doesnt do DSD.....I would think if that switch is grey its native DSD and if blue it would be doing conversion to PCM but not sure......maybe post your question on the git pages as I think rern watches that more often...
cmh714

Postby cmh714 » 27 Aug 2021, 02:06

Click on the ? question mark next to the button for the help description, maybe that will help.
cmh714

Postby cristache » 27 Aug 2021, 15:55

cmh714 wrote:Click on the ? question mark next to the button for the help description, maybe that will help.

I already did, but 100 % I'm sure what DAC screen info tells me about files.

When DOP on - means DSD file is packed in PCM and send to the DAC - on my screen DAC could read USB XXXX k - 44K to 384K
When DOP off - DSD file native played on DAC - - on my screen DAC could read DS XXX - 64 / 128 / 256 ...

I know is wright file because the bluray player connected also to the DAC but with I2s connection, same audio files, read same messages, also the same messages come from PC dedicated player when play exactly same files, but here I have dedicated drivers for DAC ...

For me Rpi 3 could be a solution to eliminate PC player from audio chain, but only when I can play ISO files direct via Rpi ... maybe in the near future, next update, will be very useful, not only for me, for all who already have some audio backups ISO files ... and do not extract dsf or dff files to send files to Rpi ... For one or two albums, could be a solution, but for 500 or 1000 .. is too much.

Looking forward
Cheers
Cristache
cristache

Postby cristache » 28 Aug 2021, 08:05

cristache wrote:
When DOP on - means DSD file is packed in PCM and send to the DAC - on my screen DAC could read USB XXXX k - 44K to 384K
When DOP off - DSD file native played on DAC - - on my screen DAC could read DS XXX - 64 / 128 / 256 ...

I read more about DOP and I want to clarify ...

Dop is a function for DAC players who communicate via USB ( not I2S ) do not have drivers or are available on app Rune or other software and the SD DSD file is packed in "PCM" coat sort of speak and send to the DAC where is decoded as original DSD and played as pure DSD file

Probably without Dop could be the case where DAC have already listed on player app and drivers available or could install DAC driver and connected via I2S, even USB ( I don't know ) play DSD direct to DAC.

In my situation connected via PC with USB with drivers installed, files are played direct to DAC without DOP .
In same scenario Rune audio via USB , no drivers installed or DAC player on the list ( maybe I try generic DAC ) should activate Dop, to have pure Dsd file sended to DAC and decoded , played as DSD.

Maybe could be useful for others who don't know ( like me ) for the first time what switch to activate or not.
Only for DAC who are DSD native, other DAC's would receive DSD files with Dop active converted as PCM but is only a "coat" is not a real reconversion ... is not easy to understood.

I do not make listen test to observe if DSD file with Dop or not sound the same .... but I'll do, when I have some time to analyze this situation.

Cheers
Cristache
cristache

Postby cristache » 09 Sep 2021, 13:14

Hello Hi-fi and Pi enthusiasts ....

Now I'm using the last version of Rune Audio and all my audio library was loaded form A to Z ... :D
The new UI is very cozy and nice to navigate but I'm try to find how to verify if the wifi and bluetooth was enable or disable on my Pi3 B ver 1.2 board ?
I try to find on forum and the answer but on /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.conf I did't find any file to modify.

I'm wondering with the last version of rune audio, on system page if wifi and bluetooth was disable will not be also on pi3 board ? or I need to edit /boot/config.txt and add this two lines: dtoverlay=pi3-disable-wifi
and dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt

Thank you in advance for your support
Cheers
Cristache
cristache

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Previous

Return to Raspberry Pi