Audiophonics DAC Sabre ES9023 i2s 24bit/192 - Raspberry Pi

Working DACs, USB dongles, ...

Re: Audiophonics DAC Sabre ES9023 i2s 24bit/192 - Raspberry

Postby spikey1973 » 23 Jan 2016, 20:44

oke i really don't understand what happend here but while i was checking the stuff out you asked for and about it suddenly started to work.
t appeared in the list and the wheel (of fortune) spun and there was the entire list.

but the auto mount was already on and the debug info i couldn't find still not.. but it works.

hapy about that it works but not happy that i don't understand why, now i still wouldn't know what to fix would it happen again.

but anyway that's it and now i'll go and work on my box for the RPI. incl drive and battery. :D

thanks for your help!
spikey1973
 
Posts: 22
Joined: 19 Feb 2015, 11:26

Re: Audiophonics DAC Sabre ES9023 i2s 24bit/192 - Raspberry

Postby otec » 03 Feb 2016, 23:04

I would to say big thank you to creators of RuneAudio and people from this thread to explain how setup Audiophonics DAC. It works like a charm !


Although, I have couple of questions regarding the ES9023 board:

1. There is 5V power outlet on it. Is it worth connecting a separate power there or is the power that it gets via I2S is enough ?
Will this improve sound quality ?

2. My ES9023 is v2 and apparently has TXCO clock. Is it worth driving it off a different clock ?
otec
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 03 Feb 2016, 22:27

Re: Audiophonics DAC Sabre ES9023 i2s 24bit/192 - Raspberry

Postby otec » 03 Feb 2016, 23:52

One more question,

does hardware volume control work with HiFiBerry DAC ?

I can select it in MPD settings, but then I cant change volume in Web UI, even if I put 0, the sound volume remains the same.
otec
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 03 Feb 2016, 22:27

Re: Audiophonics DAC Sabre ES9023 i2s 24bit/192 - Raspberry

Postby ACX » 04 Feb 2016, 01:35

otec wrote:One more question,

does hardware volume control work with HiFiBerry DAC ?

The first HiFiBerry DAC didn't allow hardware volume control:
https://www.hifiberry.com/dac-faq/
while the most recent HiFiBerry DAC+ does.
User avatar
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 02:25
Location: Udine, Italy

Re: Audiophonics DAC Sabre ES9023 i2s 24bit/192 - Raspberry

Postby otec » 04 Feb 2016, 12:40

ACX wrote:
otec wrote:One more question,

does hardware volume control work with HiFiBerry DAC ?

The first HiFiBerry DAC didn't allow hardware volume control:
https://www.hifiberry.com/dac-faq/
while the most recent HiFiBerry DAC+ does.



I'm actually using Audiophonics Sabre ES9023 DAC. After reading this thread, people advised enable HiFiBerry DAC driver in config.txt and MPD.

Will this DAC work with HiFiBerry DAC+ driver ?
otec
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 03 Feb 2016, 22:27

Re: Audiophonics DAC Sabre ES9023 i2s 24bit/192 - Raspberry

Postby otec » 05 Feb 2016, 01:46

Tried enabling HiFiBerry DAC+ driver in config.txt and upon reboot I couldnt select device in MPD list and there were some errors in dmesg.

I guess it doesnt work.
otec
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 03 Feb 2016, 22:27

Re: Audiophonics DAC Sabre ES9023 i2s 24bit/192 - Raspberry

Postby guillaumesej » 20 Apr 2016, 16:35

Hi,

I have a RPI3, running the latest rune audio image for rpi 3, and the Audiophonics DAC referred to above.

I have the following problem:
- I uncommented the 2 following lines in /boot/config.txt:
Code: Select all
dtparam=i2s=on
dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus


- I disabled the pi's analog audio out,
- I restarted the pi,
- I logged back in to the RuneUI, but nothing shows up in the audio interface list...

Running a lsmod shows the following:
Code: Select all
Module                  Size  Used by
brcmfmac              187227  0
brcmutil                8240  1 brcmfmac
cfg80211              476512  1 brcmfmac
snd_soc_pcm512x_i2c     2378  0
snd_soc_pcm512x        18481  1 snd_soc_pcm512x_i2c
regmap_i2c              2864  1 snd_soc_pcm512x_i2c
snd_soc_hifiberry_dacplus     4292  0
snd_soc_hifiberry_dac     2690  0
snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s     6965  0
i2c_bcm2708             5776  0
regmap_mmio             3193  1 snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s
bcm2835_gpiomem         3522  0
snd_soc_core          158424  4 snd_soc_pcm512x,snd_soc_hifiberry_dac,snd_soc_hifiberry_dacplus,snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s
bcm2835_rng             2031  0
snd_compress            8154  1 snd_soc_core
snd_pcm_dmaengine       5232  1 snd_soc_core
snd_pcm                86717  5 snd_soc_pcm512x,snd_soc_core,snd_soc_hifiberry_dac,snd_pcm_dmaengine,snd_soc_hifiberry_dacplus
snd_timer              21835  1 snd_pcm
snd                    62709  4 snd_soc_core,snd_timer,snd_pcm,snd_compress
clk_hifiberry_dacpro     2336  0
uio_pdrv_genirq         3343  0
uio                     9033  1 uio_pdrv_genirq
sch_fq_codel            7328  3
bcm2708_rng             1171  0
rng_core                8022  2 bcm2835_rng,bcm2708_rng
ip_tables              12167  0
x_tables               16543  1 ip_tables
ipv6                  356958  0


A dmesg shows the following errors (listed errors only):
Code: Select all
[    5.443774] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI pcm512x-hifi not registered
[    5.443787] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus sound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517
[    5.482899] pcm512x 1-004d: Failed to reset device: -5
[    5.482988] pcm512x: probe of 1-004d failed with error -5
[    5.601253] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI pcm512x-hifi not registered
[    5.601268] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus sound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517
[    5.604744] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_drivestrengthinit: No SDIO Drive strength init done for chip 43430 rev 1 pmurev 24
[    5.605141] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI pcm512x-hifi not registered
[    5.605149] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus sound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517


Any help appreciated !

Thanks,

Guillaume
guillaumesej
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 16:28

Re: Audiophonics DAC Sabre ES9023 i2s 24bit/192 - Raspberry

Postby hondagx35 » 20 Apr 2016, 20:18

Hi guillaumesej,

guillaumesej wrote:- I uncommented the 2 following lines in /boot/config.txt:

dtparam=i2s=on
dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus


Where did you read this?

The only thing you have to do is this.
Frank
User avatar
hondagx35
 
Posts: 3034
Joined: 11 Sep 2014, 22:06
Location: Germany

Re: Audiophonics DAC Sabre ES9023 i2s 24bit/192 - Raspberry

Postby knottydreadbr » 11 Aug 2016, 18:23

guillaumesej wrote:Hi,

I have a RPI3, running the latest rune audio image for rpi 3, and the Audiophonics DAC referred to above.

I have the following problem:
- I uncommented the 2 following lines in /boot/config.txt:
Code: Select all
dtparam=i2s=on
dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus


- I disabled the pi's analog audio out,
- I restarted the pi,
- I logged back in to the RuneUI, but nothing shows up in the audio interface list...

Running a lsmod shows the following:
Code: Select all
Module                  Size  Used by
brcmfmac              187227  0
brcmutil                8240  1 brcmfmac
cfg80211              476512  1 brcmfmac
snd_soc_pcm512x_i2c     2378  0
snd_soc_pcm512x        18481  1 snd_soc_pcm512x_i2c
regmap_i2c              2864  1 snd_soc_pcm512x_i2c
snd_soc_hifiberry_dacplus     4292  0
snd_soc_hifiberry_dac     2690  0
snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s     6965  0
i2c_bcm2708             5776  0
regmap_mmio             3193  1 snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s
bcm2835_gpiomem         3522  0
snd_soc_core          158424  4 snd_soc_pcm512x,snd_soc_hifiberry_dac,snd_soc_hifiberry_dacplus,snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s
bcm2835_rng             2031  0
snd_compress            8154  1 snd_soc_core
snd_pcm_dmaengine       5232  1 snd_soc_core
snd_pcm                86717  5 snd_soc_pcm512x,snd_soc_core,snd_soc_hifiberry_dac,snd_pcm_dmaengine,snd_soc_hifiberry_dacplus
snd_timer              21835  1 snd_pcm
snd                    62709  4 snd_soc_core,snd_timer,snd_pcm,snd_compress
clk_hifiberry_dacpro     2336  0
uio_pdrv_genirq         3343  0
uio                     9033  1 uio_pdrv_genirq
sch_fq_codel            7328  3
bcm2708_rng             1171  0
rng_core                8022  2 bcm2835_rng,bcm2708_rng
ip_tables              12167  0
x_tables               16543  1 ip_tables
ipv6                  356958  0


A dmesg shows the following errors (listed errors only):
Code: Select all
[    5.443774] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI pcm512x-hifi not registered
[    5.443787] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus sound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517
[    5.482899] pcm512x 1-004d: Failed to reset device: -5
[    5.482988] pcm512x: probe of 1-004d failed with error -5
[    5.601253] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI pcm512x-hifi not registered
[    5.601268] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus sound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517
[    5.604744] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_drivestrengthinit: No SDIO Drive strength init done for chip 43430 rev 1 pmurev 24
[    5.605141] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI pcm512x-hifi not registered
[    5.605149] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus sound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517


Any help appreciated !

Thanks,

Guillaume


Don't uncomment dtparam=i2s=on ! In my case, when I did this, Runeaudio won't detect the I2S DAC.
knottydreadbr
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 20 Feb 2016, 22:16

Re: Audiophonics DAC Sabre ES9023 i2s 24bit/192 - Raspberry

Postby cesarus » 21 Dec 2016, 13:52

Hi,

I am new on this forum so Hello !

Dose any one now can this DAC work on RPi 3 b http://www.ebay.com/urw/write-review/14 ... 1572582020.

I tried to connect but without sucess.

Thanks
cesarus
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 13:40

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Compatibility list

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests