RuneAudio 0.4-beta for Raspberry Pi2/3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.4-beta for Raspberry Pi2/3

Postby Multi » 18 Mar 2017, 18:36

I reported earlier about latest image:

When selecting a stream or track in the queue, Runeaudio locate that track in the middle of the queue list.
That movement is often not straight in one movement and more nervous than i was used to in former versions.

Am I the only one who has problems with it? I downgrade because of this weird behaviour.

Multi
Multi

Postby hondagx35 » 18 Mar 2017, 19:19

Hi Multi,

That movement is often not straight in one movement and more nervous than i was used to in former versions.

I am unable to reproduce this. What browser are you using?

Frank
hondagx35

Postby hondagx35 » 18 Mar 2017, 19:25

Hi ianhaynes,

ianhaynes wrote:Artist and song info great too. Could this be done for Radio and Spotify?

With spotify this should be possible, I have to check what I can do.
As there is no standard (none I know of) for sending Artist and Title info in radio streams it is difficult to implement.

ianhaynes wrote:One minor thing I've noticed is that the Volume knob doesn't always respond to the Up and Down icons. If this happens I have to drag the volume up or down and the icons then work again. The volume will also sometimes drop back slightly by itself. I don't recall either of these issues with the previous betas.

And I thought I made some enhancements with volume control. Let me check this again.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby R101 » 18 Mar 2017, 20:55

Thanks for the improvements. The only problem I have had is that the Android app sometimes seems to stall for several seconds when selecting a file or stream. This might be nothing to do with Rune, but It has not happened before. Operation from a browser seems slicker than before and I have not seen the same problem with it.

The only modification I have made is the waves library navigation change, which I hope will become standard at some stage.

http://pastebin.com/hea0Cuaw
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby gearhead » 19 Mar 2017, 07:56

Just installed this. One issue I had was that I had to add a directory in order to mount my music library.
Code: Select all
mkdir /mnt/MPD/NAS
chown mpd.audio /mnt/MPD/NAS

THis allowed me to add it once, but rebooting the server and also the rune causes it to cease to mount.

I cannot reliably add my NAS CIFS shares any more. I am using a FreeNAS for my music store and can use it on my other rune (B+) and also from all linux machines in the house. I was able to get it to add one share once, but after a reboot, it did not work and would not reconnect.

I get this in the dmesg
[  449.236880] Status code returned 0xc000006d NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
[  449.236915] CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13
[  449.237212] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13

The machine works as I can play streaming music, I just can no longer mount my music to play it.

Would love to see the build sheet for this as I just tried to build the current RuneOS on Git for a Pi B+ and have a problem with redis, somehow. I used the old cookbook and got it all built with new kernel and packages and can get it to almost run but redis does not run unless I run it from the command line ( service will not start) and when I do, I cannot make any changes to the UI...

Gearhead
gearhead

Postby gearhead » 19 Mar 2017, 08:50

I think I may have fixed theCIFS mount problem. I added "sec=none" to the mount flags and it then mounted. We will see for how long.

Gearhead
gearhead

Postby mo86 » 19 Mar 2017, 09:53

Hi Frank!
There's a bug I found in queue-list.

On smaller resolutions total playtime info is showed about 2 lines, see picture.

Thanks a lot!

mo86

Postby Multi » 19 Mar 2017, 10:27

Hi Frank,

It is independant of which browser is used. Even in the Android app i have this behaviour.
I had never troubles with it and going back to an earlier version (4.4.39-1-ARCH / 6.2.1. 20160830) again no problems?

Multi
Multi

Postby hondagx35 » 19 Mar 2017, 11:51

Hi Gearhead,

One issue I had was that I had to add a directory in order to mount my music library.
mkdir /mnt/MPD/NAS
chown mpd.audio /mnt/MPD/NAS

I checked this and the directory is there on the image.

I think I may have fixed theCIFS mount problem. I added "sec=none" to the mount flags and it then mounted. We will see for how long.

For me, this sounds more like a misconfigured NAS.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby c-moll » 19 Mar 2017, 13:24

When I choose the info of a title (the little "i" beneath the album cover) and then click on "Read more on Last.fm", I get on the web pages of Last.fm. But how can I get back to runaudio's gui? I can see no close-button or anything else.

btw: Thx for this new beta, great job!

Chris
Raspberry Pi 3B - HifiBerry Amp+ - Raspberry Pi 7" Touchscreen
c-moll

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi