ODROID C2

ODROID related support

Re: ODROID C2

Postby JusticeAngel » 26 Aug 2016, 09:05

Thanks Frank for the work you're doing!
JusticeAngel
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 14:11

Re: ODROID C2

Postby JusticeAngel » 03 Sep 2016, 16:49

In last days I tried RuneAudio with USB output to my Burson Conductor dac. The result is stunning with 16-bit / 44.1 KHz files! The problems have occurred, in my case, with high-resolution files: 24-bit 48 Khz and above: i have pops and clicks during playback.

I tried some work-around founded in this and other forums, such unbind the DAC from USBHID, but without results. While I'm searching over internet, I came across this threads:

http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=21430 and https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/commit/43863e1417013a174e0c7cebcb32a8346c622cc6

in which, although it refers to a Odroid C1 bug and to the 176 kHz frequency, has been fixed the Odroid driver. Frank, I don't know if can be useful or if you were already aware of, but I must point out the same.

Thanks
JusticeAngel
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 14:11

Re: ODROID C2

Postby smallfat » 04 Sep 2016, 10:13

From my testing experience,
USB compatibility is the core issue to be fixed.
Others nearly perfect.

smallfat
smallfat
 
Posts: 155
Joined: 23 Nov 2015, 22:16

Re: ODROID C2

Postby dunghnguyen » 05 Sep 2016, 02:16

smallfat wrote:From my testing experience,
USB compatibility is the core issue to be fixed.
Others nearly perfect.

smallfat

I have the same issue as @JusticeAngel when using external DAC via USB connection.

I used the external DAC boards (PCM5102, ES9023 based) via I2S insteads. They played perfectly.
dunghnguyen
 
Posts: 228
Joined: 08 Mar 2016, 07:48

Re: ODROID C2

Postby smallfat » 05 Sep 2016, 05:22

For PCM source, there is no problem.
For DSD source, as DoP only works for USB.
Playback DSD file need software converted to PCM within RuneAudio, it limits overall sound quality.

smallfat



dunghnguyen wrote:
smallfat wrote:From my testing experience,
USB compatibility is the core issue to be fixed.
Others nearly perfect.

smallfat

I have the same issue as @JusticeAngel when using external DAC via USB connection.

I used the external DAC boards (PCM5102, ES9023 based) via I2S insteads. They played perfectly.
smallfat
 
Posts: 155
Joined: 23 Nov 2015, 22:16

Re: ODROID C2

Postby dunghnguyen » 06 Sep 2016, 02:10

smallfat wrote:For PCM source, there is no problem.
For DSD source, as DoP only works for USB.
Playback DSD file need software converted to PCM within RuneAudio, it limits overall sound quality.

smallfat



dunghnguyen wrote:
smallfat wrote:From my testing experience,
USB compatibility is the core issue to be fixed.
Others nearly perfect.

smallfat

I have the same issue as @JusticeAngel when using external DAC via USB connection.

I used the external DAC boards (PCM5102, ES9023 based) via I2S insteads. They played perfectly.

The issue at my case with external DAC via usb is:
16/44.1 : distorted
24/192 : very nice sound
DSD : distorted both Native / DoP

So playing external dac board via I2S connection instead now https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
dunghnguyen
 
Posts: 228
Joined: 08 Mar 2016, 07:48

Re: ODROID C2

Postby smallfat » 06 Sep 2016, 05:21

seems no progress on bug fix.
smallfat
 
Posts: 155
Joined: 23 Nov 2015, 22:16

Re: ODROID C2

Postby hondagx35 » 06 Sep 2016, 08:56

Hi smallfat,

the next image will come soon.

I hope to get it ready until the weekend.

Frank
User avatar
hondagx35
 
Posts: 3023
Joined: 11 Sep 2014, 22:06
Location: Germany

Re: ODROID C2

Postby smallfat » 06 Sep 2016, 09:24

Hi Frank,

Thanks for reply.
Hope USB compatibility issue also be fixed.

smallfat

hondagx35 wrote:Hi smallfat,

the next image will come soon.

I hope to get it ready until the weekend.

Frank
smallfat
 
Posts: 155
Joined: 23 Nov 2015, 22:16

Re: ODROID C2

Postby hondagx35 » 06 Sep 2016, 10:13

Hi smallfat,

Hope USB compatibility issue also be fixed.

The only thing i can do, is to install the latest kernel from arch linux.

Frank
User avatar
hondagx35
 
Posts: 3023
Joined: 11 Sep 2014, 22:06
Location: Germany

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to ODROID

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests