New Raspberry Pi 3 model

Raspberry Pi related support

New Raspberry Pi 3 model

Postby Grundgütiger » 28 Feb 2016, 13:09

I just read about a new Raspberry Pi model, propably arriving in the next couple of days. It says it will be a 64 bit "machine" with WLAN (2.4 Ghz) and Bluetooth on board. As I'm not so happy with the WLAN on my Raspberry (takes ages to wake up), I surely will keep an eye on the new model. I hope you guys plan to test it with Runeaudio and hopefully adjust the software to fit. ;)
Grundgütiger

Re: New Raspberry Pi 3 model

Postby ACX » 28 Feb 2016, 16:28

I haven't found yet any comment about the shared Ethernet/USB bus. Are they going to finally get rid of that bottleneck?
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Grundgütiger » 28 Feb 2016, 18:07

I don't know any details, just read the rumors. Raspberry Pi's 4th birthday is coming up, I guess that's when they will tell the world about the new Pi.
Grundgütiger

Postby barndoor101 » 29 Feb 2016, 11:34

Everything is saying the Pi3 has still got a 10/100 ethernet, so guessing they kept the shared bus for compatibility.
barndoor101

Postby Grundgütiger » 29 Feb 2016, 18:45

After all, the Raspberry's idea still is to interest children for computers and how computers work. And all the features that come with a Raspberry are those that are part of the hardware they get to build the Raspberries. I guess WLAN and Bluetooth nowadays are included in nearly every chip, but other stuff isn't.
Grundgütiger

Postby Grundgütiger » 29 Feb 2016, 18:51

As I guessed, the new Raspberry was announced today (4th birthday) by the Raspberry organisation: https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-3-on-sale/.

I hope my HiFiBerry board fits the new model and Runeaudio will adapt their software.
Grundgütiger

Postby Grundgütiger » 29 Feb 2016, 19:04

Good news from HiFiBerry:

"As the board design hasn’t changed, all HiFiBerry+ boards and Cases are compatible with the new Raspberry Pi 3."

I think, I'll order one then and test it with Runeaudio and my set-up.
Grundgütiger

Postby popov » 01 Mar 2016, 13:02

Hi

For ACX :
USB, network, no change.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/raspb ... enchmarks/

Code: Select all
USB chip

The Raspberry Pi 3 shares the same SMSC LAN9514 chip as its predecessor, the Raspberry Pi 2, adding 10/100 Ethernet connectivity and four USB channels to the board. As before, the SMSC chip connects to the SoC via a single USB channel, acting as a USB-to-Ethernet adaptor and USB hub.

popov

Postby ACX » 03 Mar 2016, 01:17

popov wrote:Hi

For ACX :
USB, network, no change.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/raspb ... enchmarks/

Sad :(
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby dunghnguyen » 10 Mar 2016, 08:56

I am quite curious on bluetooth if it has AptX profile? If yes then this can stream out the CD quality audio wirelessly. But it is ok even in the case of A2DP profile.
dunghnguyen

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi