RPi 3 B+

Raspberry Pi related support

RPi 3 B+

Postby SimonS » 08 Jun 2018, 18:30

I boy this model (same price as old one), but I think I make mistake. Runeaudio not work with this device :(
Is something possible to do, or I must buy new older type....
SimonS
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 07 Jun 2016, 17:20
Location: Kobarid, Slovenia

Re: RPi 3 B+

Postby dajand » 11 Jun 2018, 10:21

Hi, it's probably of no consolation to you but I have a similar issue with two Raspberry Pi 3 B+ units. The power led flashes and it won't boot into Rune although it boots into Raspbian with no issue. In my case it's not a power issue or a corrupt sd card, I've tried three different cards and three different high rated power supplies. It runs a treat on a Pi 2.

Maybe somebody at Rune could have a look or someone else could make a comment and offer some insight.

Regards

dajand
dajand
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 28 May 2018, 19:40

Re: RPi 3 B+

Postby SigMaster » 11 Jun 2018, 21:50

I'm curious for this one to.
At the moment, I use a Pi3b, but recently bought an extra Pi, the 3b+, for better networkperformance.
SigMaster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 21:46
Location: Netherlands

Re: RPi 3 B+

Postby janui » 12 Jun 2018, 08:05

Hi SigMaster & SimonS,

Sorry, it wont work. For more information see here: post25157.html?hilit=B%20plus#p25158

janui
User avatar
janui
 
Posts: 364
Joined: 20 Dec 2014, 12:55
Location: Ollanda

Re: RPi 3 B+

Postby SimonS » 12 Jun 2018, 08:54

No problem.
I exchange it for RPi 2. But I still have problem with android app. It is not working and I have no idea why. So I use web interface.
SimonS
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 07 Jun 2016, 17:20
Location: Kobarid, Slovenia

Re: RPi 3 B+

Postby SigMaster » 12 Jun 2018, 18:09

janui wrote:Hi SigMaster & SimonS,

Sorry, it wont work. For more information see here: post25157.html?hilit=B%20plus#p25158

janui

Thanks for info, I was aware of that thread, but was curious, if someone from RuneAudio was working on a solution.
I do not intent to rush or push someone, I'm only curious :-)
SigMaster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 21:46
Location: Netherlands

Re: RPi 3 B+

Postby PierreG64 » 26 Jun 2018, 14:20

i found a way to run runeaudio on a rpi 3 B+

I did it in an ampiric way, using two rpi. A rpi 3 and a rpi 3B+.

On the rpi 3, I used the 0.4b hondagx35 version, I wanted to have an on-screen display.
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B5E5WDN-EI9Lc3ZzVEcwWDE0LUE&export=download
Extend the partition:
http://www.runeaudio.com/documentation/troubleshooting/extend-partition-sd/
but for me i have to write:
Code: Select all
resize2fs /dev/mmcblk0p2

at the end for work.

I have installed the addons of rern (with Putty).
http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/addons-menu-install-addons-the-easy-way-t5370.html#p22376
Update the mpd, midori in the webui addons.

after i update the kernel using the soluce of hondagx35
http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/runeaudio-0-4-beta-for-raspberry-pi2-3-t4434-390.html#p23950
. I don't know why, but after the update, the option to enable i2s disappear.
I supose you have to enable i2s and choose the audio card before the kernel update.
It's not a problem for me, i have an usb dac.

And after all that, I put the microsd in the rpi 3 b+, and it works for me!!!
PierreG64
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 11 Jun 2015, 20:46

Re: RPi 3 B+

Postby tml3nr » 27 Jun 2018, 05:43

PierreG64 wrote:i found a way to run runeaudio on a rpi 3 B+

I did it in an ampiric way, using two rpi. A rpi 3 and a rpi 3B+.

On the rpi 3, I used the 0.4b hondagx35 version, I wanted to have an on-screen display.
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B5E5WDN-EI9Lc3ZzVEcwWDE0LUE&export=download
Extend the partition:
http://www.runeaudio.com/documentation/troubleshooting/extend-partition-sd/
but for me i have to write:
Code: Select all
resize2fs /dev/mmcblk0p2

at the end for work.

I have installed the addons of rern (with Putty).
http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/addons-menu-install-addons-the-easy-way-t5370.html#p22376
Update the mpd, midori in the webui addons.

after i update the kernel using the soluce of hondagx35
http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/runeaudio-0-4-beta-for-raspberry-pi2-3-t4434-390.html#p23950
. I don't know why, but after the update, the option to enable i2s disappear.
I supose you have to enable i2s and choose the audio card before the kernel update.
It's not a problem for me, i have an usb dac.

And after all that, I put the microsd in the rpi 3 b+, and it works for me!!!

Many thanks to PierreG64. By your guide Rune 0.4 work fine on my RPi3 B+ with my USB sound card and i2s DAC.

For me i2s working normally.
Last edited by tml3nr on 27 Aug 2018, 14:40, edited 2 times in total.
tml3nr
 
Posts: 44
Joined: 02 Apr 2016, 07:43

Re: RPi 3 B+

Postby tml3nr » 28 Jun 2018, 01:51

After trying several times. I just do the following steps:

- Rune 0.4_20170229, run on RPI3

runeaudio-0-4-beta-for-raspberry-pi2-3-t4434.html

- Extend patition

- Update kernel by hondagx35's guide:

runeaudio-0-4-beta-for-raspberry-pi2-3-t4434-390.html#p23950

- Edit /etc/rc.local to fix sched_rr_timeslice_ms = 10 (Same as before update):

Code: Select all
nano /etc/rc.local


Add to:

Code: Select all
#!/bin/sh
echo 10 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_rr_timeslice_ms


Code: Select all
chmod +x /etc/rc.local


Code: Select all
nano /usr/lib/systemd/system/rc-local.service


Edit:

Code: Select all
[Unit]
Description=fix kernel optimizations
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/etc/rc.local
TimeoutSec=0

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target


Code: Select all
systemctl enable rc-local

systemctl start rc-local


After that it's work fine on RPi3 B+!

Thanks again PierreG64.

Debug data after update to 4.14.50-2 and fix sched_rr_timeslice_ms:

Code: Select all
###### Kernel optimization parameters ######
hardware platform:   RaspberryPi2
current orionprofile:   RuneAudio

kernel scheduler for mmcblk0:         [noop] deadline cfq
/proc/sys/vm/swappiness:         0
/proc/sys/kernel/sched_latency_ns:      4500000
/proc/sys/kernel/sched_rt_period_us:      1000000
/proc/sys/kernel/sched_rt_runtime_us:      950000
/proc/sys/kernel/sched_autogroup_enabled:   1
/proc/sys/kernel/sched_rr_timeslice_ms:      10
/proc/sys/kernel/sched_min_granularity_ns:   2250000
/proc/sys/kernel/sched_wakeup_granularity_ns:   3000000


PS: i use Apple TC as NAS for music storage. After update, on RuneUI album cover artwork is not displayed. After work around, at last it's OK with SMB advanced options:

Code: Select all
vers=1.0,sec=ntlm,cache=none,noserverino,ro
tml3nr
 
Posts: 44
Joined: 02 Apr 2016, 07:43

Re: RPi 3 B+

Postby PierreG64 » 01 Jul 2018, 21:23

tml3nr wrote:
- Edit /etc/rc.local to fix sched_rr_timeslice_ms = 10 (Same as before update):

Code: Select all
nano /etc/rc.local



Add to:

Code: Select all
#!/bin/sh
echo 10 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_rr_timeslice_ms



Code: Select all
chmod +x /etc/rc.local



Code: Select all
nano /usr/lib/systemd/system/rc-local.service



Edit:

Code: Select all
[Unit]
Description=fix kernel optimizations
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/etc/rc.local
TimeoutSec=0

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target



Code: Select all
systemctl enable rc-local

systemctl start rc-local



After that it's work fine on RPi3 B+!


thanks tml3nr for the improvements. It's great!
PierreG64
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 11 Jun 2015, 20:46

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Next

Return to Raspberry Pi

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests