Wolfson Audio Card patch for RuneAudio

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: Wolfson Audio Card patch for RuneAudio

Postby monochrome » 23 Apr 2014, 12:18

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
monochrome

Postby monochrome » 24 Apr 2014, 10:19

Either of you guys have noise while playing to SPDIF on the Wolfson?
I'm getting a fair amount of pops and clicks - kind of thing I'd expect from a USB DAC.
Lineout seems fine so I'm happy to go that way but was just wondering.
Cheers
monochrome

Postby wildestpixel » 24 Apr 2014, 17:24

No noise at all even with ympd as service running through some 15 year old Cambridge Sound works with coax spdif

MPD database c. 12k tracks
wildestpixel

Postby monochrome » 26 Apr 2014, 13:09

Well damn, after enabling, and using line-out, I reverted back to SPDIF to troubleshoot and it's working perfectly now.
Can't complain.
Cheers Wildest.
monochrome

Postby wildestpixel » 26 Apr 2014, 18:11

monochrome wrote:Well damn, after enabling, and using line-out, I reverted back to SPDIF to troubleshoot and it's working perfectly now.
Can't complain.
Cheers Wildest.

You just need some Led Zeppelin now.
wildestpixel

Postby Shifter2600 » 27 Apr 2014, 02:24

I'm a bit of a NOOB and with a bit of goggling on basic SSH commands I muddled my way through. Thanks so much for this. I came from Volumio since I was looking for the Wolfson Card support then Tried SqueezePlug (epic fail on the quality too many pops clicks) Found Rune don't know why I didn't find this sooner.

Thanks

One small thing. On Reboot some how it is lossing that /root/use_case_scripts/Playback_to_Lineout.sh
I SSH in with Putty and re run it after a reboot and the sound comes right back. Is it possible to have this script run after a reboot and if so where do I add it.
Also I have tried sudo nano to edit files before but get lost on the saving when it asks for a save format. So could use a bit of guidance on how to make the addition of the command /root /use_case_scripts/Playback_to_Lineout.sh if it is possible.

Thanks Again
Shifter2600

Postby Shifter2600 » 27 Apr 2014, 03:05

I think I may have stumbled on some where to put the script.
sudo nano /etc/rc.local

sudo /root/use_case_scripts/Playback_to_Lineout.sh &

before the exit

It saved with out issues.
Shifter2600

Postby monochrome » 27 Apr 2014, 04:53

I went through the same process as you Shifter - Volumio - Squeezelite - Rune and for the same reason.
All great products though and, in fact, I'm using Volumio on a second Pi in my bedroom to listen to music while I read/sleep.

Unusual behaviour for the Pi to lose settings between reboots.
Usually you just run the desired script and you're good to go.
Don't know if it would do anything but you could try resetting paths with the Reset_paths script then try again.

Another thing you could try is to enable a couple of paths and check output from them.
The scripts are cumulative so you can enable line out and SPDIF out for example and check to see if you get output on either after a reboot.
Cheers
monochrome

Postby Shifter2600 » 27 Apr 2014, 17:48

Same here I have a 2nd Pi with volumio still on it since I have a USB DAC Meridian Explorer that I use.

How ever a huge advantage with Rune I just got going last night is the Airplay.

I don't have a Iphone but I downloaded Airfoil for my PC and it works Flawlessly.
I am now streaming Soundcloud to the PI Wolfson or any source since it just streams the internal audio directly to Rune.

One adjustment after installing the audio driver to stream direct from the PC was I adjusted the Advanced Default Format to the highest 24-96.
now I know soundcloud won't hit that format but just didn't want to limit my stream. Not sure if Airplay has a specific format it uses either.
Shifter2600

Postby saman » 30 Apr 2014, 23:25

Hi
I created a new patch for Wolfson Audio Card and Power-on-off circuit.
Patch contains a realtime kernel "Linux runeaudio 3.12.13-rt21_wosa #1 PREEMPT RT Wed Apr 30 17:51:17 CEST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux" with drivers for Wolfson Audio card, kernel modules, startup scripts for systemd, scripts for setting Wolfson audio card and patches on the GUI Runeaudio.
This is necessary for proper function of the "jack".
Many thanks Mr. Georg Mill - https://blog.georgmill.de/2014/04/29/co ... a-new-try/
Furthermore, patch contains code for safe-on-off circuit -> wolfson-audio-card-patch-for-runeaudio-t213.html

Patch can be downloaded from http://www.element14.com/community/mess ... ses#111026

Direct download http://www.element14.com/community/serv ... io.tar.bz2

All except the patch for Runeaudio is directly applicable to other systems, such as Arch Linux, or Raspbian.

Update:
I added to udev rule for Wolfson audio card
Attachments
90-wolfson.rules.tar.gz
UDEV rule for WAC
(261 Bytes) Downloaded 716 times
Last edited by saman on 09 Jun 2014, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.
saman

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi