WiFi will not connect or store profile in 0.5

Raspberry Pi related support

WiFi will not connect or store profile in 0.5

Postby buckaroo » 02 Feb 2019, 04:41

I'm having trouble with 0.5 -- I can't save a wifi profile, nor will it connect to my router via wifi. When I click "connect", I just get tossed out on the "network interface" page, and no connection is made. What's going on? I'm using a RPi 3b with HiFi Berry DAC+ Pro. I had no such problems with 0.3 and 0.4. Thanks!
buckaroo

Re: WiFi will not connect or store profile in 0.5

Postby Mecworks » 22 Feb 2019, 22:00

I'm having the same problem. I was able to make the connection on rebooting. It seems that the UI does not reflect the Wi-Fi settings. It also saved the profile however, that also did not show up until after a reboot.

So, the UI needs to reflect current settings better. It's definitely broken.
Mecworks

Postby janui » 23 Feb 2019, 21:30

Hi Mecworks,
Mecworks wrote:So, the UI needs to reflect current settings better. It's definitely broken.
It is unchanged since 0.4, but really needs the whole network management part of Rune needs a complete rewrite. I wont be doing that in the near future, so I will modify the UI text to reflect the current situation. Thanks for the suggestion.
buckaroo wrote:I can't save a wifi profile, nor will it connect to my router via wifi.
The wifi profile is saved, and it will work after a reboot. Unfortunately the connect button will only work after Rune has been booted with its Access Point disabled. In the current release Access Point is enabled by default. This has already been changed, but will only be effective from the next release.
janui
janui

Postby englishtim » 24 Feb 2019, 13:02

Hi Janui,

The wifi profile is saved, and it will work after a reboot. Unfortunately the connect button will only work after Rune has been booted with its Access Point disabled. In the current release Access Point is enabled by default. This has already been changed, but will only be effective from the next release.

Enabling the Access Point by default has caused problems for me, as I now can't switch it off - the AP stays active irrespective of my attempts to deactivate it, and the AP is still visible in my wi-fi analyser's channel graph. I'm on 0.5b, build janui-20180903-8 - the problem is present on both my Pi 3B and my 3B+. In previous versions of v0.5b I had been able to switch off both the AP and wi-fi via the UI correctly.

For the record I use wired ethernet for all my Runes, and I prefer to keep the Pi's radios switched off in order to minimise crowding on my local wi-fi bands.

Will this be fixed in the next update?

Thanks in advance,

Peace and friendship,
englishtim
Synology DS918+ NAS >
  • Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ > Behringer UCA202 >
    • Denon RCD-M38DAB > KEF Cresta II
    • Pro-Ject Head Box S > Sennheiser HD 650
  • Raspberry Pi 3 Model B > Behringer UCA202 > Sansui AU-317 > Celestion SL6
englishtim

Postby janui » 25 Feb 2019, 12:27

Hi englishtim,
englishtim wrote:...Enabling the Access Point by default has caused problems for me, as I now can't switch it off - the AP stays active irrespective of my attempts to deactivate it...
Thanks for reporting this. It was not intended to work like this, a bug crept in with the latest changes. An upgrade to the latest patch level using git pull will fix it. See the first post in this thread for upgrade instructions.
janui
janui

Postby englishtim » 25 Feb 2019, 15:25

Hi janui,

Excellent! The AP features in 0.5b build janui-20180903-9 are now working correctly again.

Many thanks for getting this fixed so quickly!

Peace and friendship,
englishtim
Synology DS918+ NAS >
  • Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ > Behringer UCA202 >
    • Denon RCD-M38DAB > KEF Cresta II
    • Pro-Ject Head Box S > Sennheiser HD 650
  • Raspberry Pi 3 Model B > Behringer UCA202 > Sansui AU-317 > Celestion SL6
englishtim

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi