Where I use my Rune Audio setup

General discussion about RuneAudio. Do not post any support or feature requests here.

Where I use my Rune Audio setup

Postby Naranj223 » 16 Sep 2014, 15:31

Using Rune Audio and the Pi, I've done something I've been meaning to do for years.

Breathe new life into the Stereo Cabinet of my very early years - it was where I played my very first vinyl record and I love it as a piece of furniture.

https://imgur.com/a/LMJue#0

It's only a little older than me, which is old enough in fairness :)

With the ease of Rune Audio, I spent longer cleaning and dusting the cabinet than setting it up.

There's a Pi B, Wolfson DAC, Powerline plugs for a wired connection, some glowing USB cables for gentle light at night / powering the tablet while it's stored there and of course Rune Audio on the sd card.

Many, many thanks to all the Rune Audio people!

It means the world to me to have this cabinet working as a music player again :) :)
Naranj223

Re: Where I use my Rune Audio setup

Postby ACX » 16 Sep 2014, 15:53

Naranj223 wrote:Breathe new life into the Stereo Cabinet of my very early years - it was where I played my very first vinyl record and I love it as a piece of furniture.

Ahh my parents have a similiar one at their home and I also modded it at the time (around already 10 years ago)! :D
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Naranj223 » 16 Sep 2014, 15:57

ACX wrote:
Naranj223 wrote:Breathe new life into the Stereo Cabinet of my very early years - it was where I played my very first vinyl record and I love it as a piece of furniture.

Ahh my parents have a similiar one at their home and I also modded it at the time (around already 10 years ago)! :D

Cool, I'm in good company so ;)
Naranj223

Postby LC1 » 16 Sep 2014, 16:08

Thanks for the photos - Love it!

I may have to look into buying one of these, though I'm not sure how easy it will be to find one in nice cosmetic condition like yours. I presume the speakers fit in the grilled partitions at either end? Excellent for ugly bookend speakers like mine!
LC1

Postby Naranj223 » 16 Sep 2014, 16:13

LC1 wrote:Thanks for the photos - Love it!

I may have to look into buying one of these, though I'm not sure how easy it will be to find one in nice cosmetic condition like yours. I presume the speakers fit in the grilled partitions at either end? Excellent for ugly bookend speakers like mine!

Cheers! They seem to be fairly cheap on eBay etc. the last time I looked.

Indeed, the speakers can fit into the ends, the original speakers are up in the attic.

I tried putting my current speakers in and got a very heavy bass / too resonant sound from it, so I've let them sit on top instead - though it ruins the illusion a little.
Naranj223

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to General discussion